Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go NEXT?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I am sure you get this all the time but I am desperate for advice on where to go next. I have been skiing a few years and every time we want to try somewhere new. I think we are running out of the "super-massive" resorts and now I worry we will be going to smaller places that wont seem as fun.

The places I have visited are bellow, hope this helps with any suggestions:

Courmayuer - liked it but v. small
Tignes/Val D - liked it a lot, maybe not the best village atmosphere though
Avoriaz/Morzine - loved it
Val Thorens/3Vallees - AMAAAAZING
Paradiski (EDIT: Forgot this one)

My dad and I want to go to Whistler this year as it has been a lifelong dream, but for 7 days it is easily £1900, almost double what we pay for Fr. Also I know people will suggest to book it all individually but I just love the service of Crystalski too much.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking Sella Ronda looks really fun because of that circular route, or even Zermatt? How do these compare to places like 3 Vallees?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 28-08-18 0:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was about to suggest Sella Ronda... well, you’ve thought of that!

Just GO there NEXT!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sainter,
If you are going for 1 week do you need a ''super-massive'' resort? There are plenty of places that are a lot larger than Courmayeur but a little smaller than those you have listed.
Whistler is fine but a little smaller than those you have been to and I wouldn't go there for just the one week.
Sella Ronda and Zermatt are both great as well.
There are scores of resorts which although not quite as big as the three valleys will offer a huge variety of skiing for a weeks holiday, it really depends on what else you want from a holiday .
As well as those you have listed you could consider:
Paradiski
Arlberg
Ischgl/Samnaun
Les Sybelles
Milky Way
4 Valleys
Davos/Klosters
Flaine
Saalbach/ Himterglemm
Many others
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sainter,

If it has to be XXL why not try Paradiski?

I understand your concerns about size, as were probably all like that at some point. But I think you will eventually appreciate that size isn't everything and it's about quality not quantity.

I recommend trying Ischgl, where you can also ski Galtur, See and Kappl. Or Solden, where you can also ski Obergurgl.

Soll is also worth a visit, in the large ski area bracket.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was just coming on to recommend Paradiski too. Its roughly the same size as Tignes+Val and is run in a very similar way. There are lots of villages with a villagy-feel within the area too. Take a look at Champagny, Montalbert or Les Coches on the La Plagne side. . .
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For more challenging skiing I'd give Zermatt a go - if you include the Cervinia ski area in your trip you have a lot of ground to cover.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sainter, Dolomiti Superski really has to be done some time. Might as well do it NEXT!
It includes the Sella Ronda but has SO much more than that. Over 1300kms piste on the full ski pass big enough? Everything about it is quality.

Alternatively, the Arlberg area that includes St Anton, St Christoph, Zurs and Lech is worth a spin.

Chamonix Valley has a lot to offer but not as well connected by lifts as EK and 3V. Ideally done with own transport I think.

An underrated area IMO is Evasion Mont Blanc, including Megeve, St Gervais, Combloux and Les Contamines. Over 350kms of piste I think.

I haven’t been to Zermatt yet but it’s on my bucket list and sounds a great option.

snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sainter wrote:
Hey guys, I am sure you get this all the time but I am desperate for advice on where to go next. I have been skiing a few years and every time we want to try somewhere new. I think we are running out of the "super-massive" resorts and now I worry we will be going to smaller places that wont seem as fun.

My dad and I want to go to Whistler this year as it has been a lifelong dream, almost double what we pay for Fr. Also I know people will suggest to book it all individually but I just love the service of Crystalski too much.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking Sella Ronda looks really fun because of that circular route, or even Zermatt? How do these compare to places like 3 Vallees?

You are totally doing it the wrong way if you are even contemplating going to Whistler on a package. Depending on your departure airport, for late January, Scheduled Return £450-600, return shuttle YVR - Whistler £30 return on Epic Bus, Hire condo direct on Alluradirect, Homeaway or AirBnB for about £1,250 between you = £1250-£1400 each
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As above I’d recommend Sauze/Milky way and Les Arc/la Plagne. Both are very big and are similar enough to why you have mentioned.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mayrhofen

Plenty of good skiing and lots going on in the town.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/resort-guides/austria/mayrhofen/
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dougy Giro wrote:
Sainter wrote:

My dad and I want to go to Whistler this year as it has been a lifelong dream, almost double what we pay for Fr. Also I know people will suggest to book it all individually but I just love the service of Crystalski too much.

Any suggestions?

You are totally doing it the wrong way if you are even contemplating going to Whistler on a package. Depending on your departure airport, for late January, Scheduled Return £450-600, return shuttle YVR - Whistler £30 return on Epic Bus, Hire condo direct on Alluradirect, Homeaway or AirBnB for about £1,250 between you = £1250-£1400 each

We go to Whistler for 7days most years and it is great. Main benefit is the manners and happy people in the lift queues, which are all well managed. You can get 6 days skiing in the 7 days too with the BA flights.
We have priced it individual and have never managed to match the package options which are like for like above £1200 ish and that is a village centre hotel, walkable everywhere. Not very many of the Allura condos are actually in the village. Guessing his £1900 includes lift passes and ski hire. Not to mention some food as our total is only about that. We tend to use Ski independance but have done Virgin and Crystal if they happen to be cheaper, even though they say they will price match.... they don't.
Get your selves over there you have to do it at least once - so may as well be next year. Book before end of august for the full discounts or middle Nov for second cutoff.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saalbach/Hinterglemm 👍
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Sainter,
Paradiski,
Serre Chevalier
Dolomites
Baqueira Beret (?)
Ski Welt
Ski Amade
Ski Circus (Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang-Fieberbrunn) Madeye-Smiley Cool Cool

What, never skied Austria?!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
St Anton / Lech

Ischgl

Arabba on the Sella Ronda NB staying there gives you easy access to the Marmolada area which has some of the more challenging skiing.

Sauze d'Oulx/Sestriere

The above have plenty of skiing and plenty of nightlife except Arabba
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whistler is seriously an option. We booked for 10 days through American ski classic and got an amazing deal, all in except food for £1600. We just paid for the passes as they are going up in price by the end of the month so have a chat with Peter and see what he can do. You can also book with £100 deposit so definitely worth booking up now.
snow report
Verbier.
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
Verbier.
There’s a surprise Laughing

Dolomites. Very big area with way better food and scenery than the 3Vs. Plenty of big long runs just off the SR route.

Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Medium long descents, mostly hard blue/easy red round a big valley, now expanded and looks pretty big. Good beer drinking and great toilets Shocked

Lots of other big Austrian areas: ski Welt, Kitz, Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, ski Amadé, Iscghl, St Anton
snow report
Thanks for all of the advice guys!

If anyone is wondering, we settled on...

*drum roll*

Tignes in late Jan

Sauze D'oulx in early March
snow report
Quote:

Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Medium long descents, mostly hard blue/easy red round a big valley, now expanded and looks pretty big. Good beer drinking and great toilets

The importance of good toilets should not be underestimated Laughing
snow conditions
Jake43 wrote:
Dougy Giro wrote:
Sainter wrote:

Any suggestions?

We go to Whistler for 7days most years and it is great. Main benefit is the manners and happy people in the lift queues, which are all well managed. You can get 6 days skiing in the 7 days too with the BA flights.
We have priced it individual and have never managed to match the package options which are like for like above £1200 ish and that is a village centre hotel, walkable everywhere. Not very many of the Allura condos are actually in the village. Guessing his £1900 includes lift passes and ski hire. Not to mention some food as our total is only about that. We tend to use Ski independance but have done Virgin and Crystal if they happen to be cheaper, even though they say they will price match.... they don't.
Get your selves over there you have to do it at least once - so may as well be next year. Book before end of august for the full discounts or middle Nov for second cutoff.

Better off going to somewhere with no queues.

Whistler over-hyped IMHO.

Lots of rain. Huge queues.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy