Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Evasion Mont Blanc - Megeve/St Gervais/Combloux/Les Contamines - 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
@mjmoran8, congratulations & please do mention any renovations that you’ve doing, always good to see others ideas & space saving tips
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The line of white through the greemn n brownsometimes frozen sometimes slushy is still open between Arpette on Rochbrune to Bettex in St Gervais. Not busy anymore.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The line of white through the greemn n brownsometimes frozen sometimes slushy is still open between Arpette on Rochbrune to Bettex in St Gervais. Not busy anymore.

Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dang it. Just looked at the live status maps and it looks like pretty much everything is closed throughout - only Les Contamines seems to have anything open. Looks like some snow forecast for Sunday (our first day of skiing), so maybe things may be about to improve?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arrived at Dec 27th and based st Pierre Plate near le Bettex. Most of pistes at St Gervais and Megève have been closed. They seem to make the best efforts on keeping ESF running.
Anyways they offered full refund for my prepurchased tickets, even though I didn't add insurance.
After excessive search, we decided to go to Les Contamines on Dec 30 & 31. Snow was ok above Signal. But rained a lot on 30th.... Completely soaked. Extremely packed with people. None of them didn't seem to know how to line up.
Changed the route to Courmayeur on Jan 2nd. Very warm as beyond Mont Blanc, however, snow conditions were awesome. Blues were a bit wet and slushy, but reds were great. 2 hours to drive back only on the line before tunnel tolls.
Today went back to les Contamines. Rained at the parking, but didn't rain on the mountain. But!!!! Heavily foggy with zero visibility. Only Aiguille and Croche saved snow. Half snow and half dirt below 2100. Half slush and half dirt below 1900.
Very pessimistic for them to be able to open after this weekend.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@dkimble, So sorry to hear that your trip spoiled, we’re here for 11 days and only managed 2.5 days skiing, LC on 31st was a joke.
At least we had other things to do, I feel for those that dreamed of a new year on the snow
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonny996, Actually all of us enjoyed Les Contamines a lot except heavy rain and fog. Aiguille and Croche were too short, but mostly good above 2100.
But Courmayeur was unbeatable with perfect condition and amusing pistes.
Tomorrow plan is changed to les Thermes, the second visit, due to the condition of LC.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dkimble wrote:
@Jonny996, Actually all of us enjoyed Les Contamines a lot except heavy rain and fog. Aiguille and Croche were too short, but mostly good above 2100.
But Courmayeur was unbeatable with perfect condition and amusing pistes.
Tomorrow plan is changed to les Thermes, the second visit, due to the condition of LC.

Funny we done Les Thermes today and we’re discussing how busy it was due to no one skiing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All slushy today - beware it is all supposed to freeze solid tonight. Snowmakers were going through and checking cannons today with compressed air today, hopefully making snow toonight.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went out for few quick turns today in SG. They had made some snow on the upper slopes so it was better than expected. This week's snow will hopefully kick the season off again.

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks @devilabit, I have been keeping an eye on the webcams and there has obviously been some snow up at Freddy but nothing down at Bettex. That looks decent, is it somewhere in the Princesse sector?

Before Christmas I had been frustrated that my wife (chief flight booker) had gone for towards the end of January for our first ski trip of the year, but it might have been a good call!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chateluy. Storm is going as expected so far and FL will drop overnight, should be some snow down to SG tomorrow.

j b wrote:
Thanks @devilabit, I have been keeping an eye on the webcams and there has obviously been some snow up at Freddy but nothing down at Bettex. That looks decent, is it somewhere in the Princesse sector?

Before Christmas I had been frustrated that my wife (chief flight booker) had gone for towards the end of January for our first ski trip of the year, but it might have been a good call!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From the webcams, St Gervais looks in a lot better condition. Anyone there with a live update?

I'm ahead to St Gervais for a quick weekend in early March but always good to keep an eye on conditions.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i would say it still needs a lot more snow, i see from the App the piste La Finance is still closed & that is a worry for me.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonny996 wrote:
i would say it still needs a lot more snow, i see from the App the piste La Finance is still closed & that is a worry for me.

I expect that to open in the next day or 2 the caveat being the FL of Wednesday's disturbance. I could see the bashers working on Epaule this morning so would expect that to open maybe tomorrow. Next week is looking promising as it stands.
ski holidays
All encouraging given more snow forecast. I have been keeping an eye on the webcams!

Given quite a lot of runs lost all of their base, I sympathise with the piste bashers needing a few days to get it all open. I would have expected Finance to be one of the first - but since Chateluy is obviously open perhaps they were more concerned to open the link to St Nicholas.

Just make sure there are no more mild spells!
ski holidays
Chums were up les Contas today and siad it was a. lovely and b. empty
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
Chums were up les Contas today and siad it was a. lovely and b. empty

I could belive that, LC at least had a base to build on. StG was as green as green can get.
snow conditions
Megeve to Cote 2000 link just opened. Hoping to get enough snow to keep it open.
snow report
@Idris, so few runs been operating! Hopefully all good when we come out in 10 days.
ski holidays
Any more recent updates, or predictions? We arrive Combloux tonight
snow report
I was out briefly yesterday in SG, blues with snow making were fine but anything steeper and especially without snow making was cut up and plenty of stones around. Even the runs off Epaule were not great. All set to change next week with snow and low temps expected all the way to the valley floor.
snow report
@tripowski, you can look at lifts and pistes open online (digital version of the big boards at main lifts) here https://live.skiplan.com/moduleweb/2.0/live.php?resort=evasion_saintgervais&module=ouvertures

Today they seem to have most blue runs open, and some red like Epaule reported above by @devilabit. For Combloux that means not much in the sector close to town, but there is access across to La Giettaz. Also you can get to the Jaillet gondola for download to get over to Megeve, with most of the Rochebrune-Cote 2000 sector being open as reported by @Idris the other day.

Fingers crossed for everything else over the next few days.
latest report
I'm heading back to Les C next Saturday, been going there 23 years 2-3 weeks scattered through the season. Until last weekend I was a little nervous, but the forecast snow seems to have come through in spades these last few days and there's more on the way so looks like we'll have a cold but enjoyable week of skiing. The locals are certainly a lot happier this week than last!
ski holidays
We'll be around the same time @NoDosh, based in StG but we usually do at least one day in LesC.

I think we'll be needing our thermals!
snow report
26th for me Eh oh!
snow report
20+cm on the hill today. When the sky cleared and the sun came out, ready to set ALL the snow cannons turned on.
snow report
@Idris, Cool snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64283100
snow report
We skied around Princesse lift yesterday. Heavy snow once above mid station, acceptable vis, the issues being the wind (that blew snow into our faces and made it generally a bit unpleasant) and the fact many lifts and runs aren't yet open. Felt great underfoot though.

Conditions and run status haven't changed today, and the valley itself is now full of snow too. Not sure whether to go out for a bit and do the same thing as yesterday...
snow conditions
The wind today based on the weather stations isn't as bad today but it was dangerously windy yesterday in LC. I bailed before 12. Nice and snowy now in SG, about 3cms on the ground in town so far today.
latest report
Most stuff closed today. We've had to (and will have to later) retrieve people by snowmobile. Currently blowing 80-120kph at the Arpette. It is snowing quite a bit.
ski holidays
With only a week to go we've been keeping an eye on the webcams and piste map. @devilabit, we spotted the snow in town; and @Idris, I saw most of the Cote 2000 connections closed - to be honest my first thought was that the web hadn't been updated since 9 o'clock but I can see 100 kph wind on the ridge (plus snow falling and drifting) will cause problems.
snow report
Quote:

80-120kph

Shocked Shocked Shocked That's Beaufort Force 9, gusting to hurricane force.......
snow report
THis the point where I pop up to say I'm arriving in Les C on Friday for a long weekend. Timing looks pretty good Very Happy

I was out 4th to 8th which was less good. And we went for a hike on the last day but have to say Les C had held up ridiculously well given the general doom and gloom over the Alps. We saw ski club and ski instructor jackets from PdS, Chamonix as well as of course all around the EMB.
latest report
Les Contamines is hard to beat for holding its snow. Les Saisies is excellent too - we used to see independent ski instructors from Flaine.
snow conditions
I skied LC 28-31st December & as you say compared to others it was holding up but even it gave up come the NY but I think that was mainly due to numbers, I have never seen it so busy.
Hopefully a good dump over next 72 hours, some real low temperatures to get it piested & start the season for real
ski holidays
Went out again up Princesse and around St G today. Ridiculously cold in the wind, and occasionally hard to ski. Snow nice between the trees, but often scoured where the wind could get to it. And vis occasionally down to around 5m! Felt like I'd earned a beer after all of that.
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:
I skied LC 28-31st December & as you say compared to others it was holding up but even it gave up come the NY but I think that was mainly due to numbers, I have never seen it so busy.
Hopefully a good dump over next 72 hours, some real low temperatures to get it piested & start the season for real

In the local press there were complaints that there were 11k skiers in LC on those days when in peak week in Feb it's about 6k skiers. Some were calling to have a cap on daily tickets sold.
snow conditions
When I was there in early Jan the car parks were as full (overflowing) as in Feb but the slopes were not bad. That’s obviously because the bed occupancy in Les C was low so the ski buses were quiet and there weren’t many walk ups. I imagine at Xmas the resort was full AND people were driving in from miles around. Not much you can do about that!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy