Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of going to Les Arcs at Easter but want to be sure there will be some snow. I've had a look at the SCGB historical report and the average for the last 12yrs is 149/47. What I would like to see is the actual snow for the last few years rather than the average. Can someone please point me towards a site which gives this information?
Thanks
Neil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks as though I've answered my own question at www.igluski.com
'05 80/135 (Feb)
'04 58/225
'03 28/121
'02 19/125
'01 50/190
Looks like ther should be enough then just a bit icy/slushy but warm and sunny.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Neil... Surely the individual amounts that falls each year is irrelevant as no-one knows what will happen this year? All the historical record does is show an overall trend which, as has been discussed to death on here, will show that usually there is a late dump of snow around Easter time... the thing is, even if it happened on April the 3rd for the last two years, why would that mean it would happen on April 3rd THIS year?

All that historical records will do is give you a rough overview for the resort you're interested in and obviously an average is far better for doing this than individual years. Last year was a poor year in many areas of France, but a great year in Austria. The previous year may have been a bumper year or may have been an "average year" but using that year alone is like trying to use last week's lottery numbers to predict this week's.

I'm also going at Easter and already it looks like the snow is several times better than at this time last year, so I am confident that the snow will be much better than last year, when even though it was crap, we had a good time.

Les Arcs at Easter will be fine. No-one can guarantee it, but you yourself have quoted the average figures and if you have 149/47, you're laughing, trust me....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Exactly my point. The average of 149/47 has been weighted by the exceptional '04 season. What I wanted to see was what was a more realistic average and looking at the last few years actuals it suggest 130/30. Still enough to have a good time as you say.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
But you only looked back over 3 years of data really... how do you know that in itself wasn't skewed from the average? It's a pointless argument really. I got the thin end of the wedge in an exceptionally bad year last year, even though the historical data suggested it would be fine. It's in the lap of the gods, but there is a decent base there for a start and what looks liek the prospect of more snow in the near future, so this season will, IMHO, rate as a good one come Easter.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
carled, carled, just received the next 7 day forecast from metcheck, up to 56cm over the next 7 days for Serre Che. The freezing levels are rising towards the end of the week though .
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A number of snowHeads skied Les Arcs in the last week of the season last year, several weeks after Easter. There was plenty of skiing available above 2000m, and we even had a fall of fresh snow giving some off-piste powder. It was a terrific way to round off the season, and fairly typical for that time of year so I'm told. Unless you can leave it until the last minute to book (perhaps not advisable at Easter?), I think that booking for Les Arcs is just as likely to give you decent snow as anywhere else.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob - I'm looking around at the moment and there's LOADS of availability. The only problems I'm having are: 1. Group size (finding a gite/house big enough for approx 20 people is hard... probably have to split into two groups) and 2. Wanting Sunday - Sunday accommodation. Neither problem is insurmountable and I have been offered several places in Les Arcs and Serre Che area already.

Helen... I don't know whether to laugh or cry... I told the rest of the group about the snow situation now and what that probably meant for when we'd be going and they're pretty unanimously up for a return! Just need to locate some accommodation now. Found a few bits and pieces, but a bit pricey at present (well, in my book anyway - there's a place up in Le Bez that would take all of us but he's after 2500 euros for it. Drop it to 2000 and I'd be interested so I'm going to sweat him out for a bit!)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Marvel, If you're thinking of going to Les Arcs at Easter, why don't you go a week later to the BLAM? or just another week later to Val T for the EOSB?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy