Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Utah - an update

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I really thought I could refrain from doing this, but I can't. Sorry.

We're in the Continental Presidents Club at Houston International awaiting a somewhat distant connection to Salt Lake City.

Sitting beside a party of locals who are finding the Europeans "wee wee antsy" about global warming - ah how they laughed,

"Gee those Euros think it's all to do with our SUVs, my golly I haven't noticed it getting much warmer in my neighbourhood...

- and will be laughing on the other side of their faces when the oil runs out/China does a pearl harbour/Brazil becomes their major bio-energy source/...

Anyway, back to skiing with only a minor aside about the atrocious state of US immigration. "Why are you going to Utah? I thought the snow was in Colorado?" [Clearly because we are about to foment a mormon vs. muslim war]

We are expecting sunny conditions over the weekend and a storm midweek...bring it on!

Any recommendations about where we should ski tomorrow? We're thinking Alta as a wee warmup.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 27-02-06 2:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get off the Cirque at Snowbird.

Quite good as I recall.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alta, Solitude, or you could try The Canyons but dont forget to go get your discount lift passes then you could do Snowbird after any dump of snow midweek snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alta or Snowbird for a warm up.

And if you are in the bird, go to Christy Sports and pay $25 for Steve Bagley to get you on the Campbell Balance.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Houston's economy is driven by oil. The people there will be in denial up until Houston is under water from the melting glaciers (and even then they'll blame everything on belching cows.)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rio, Laughing Laughing Laughing

David Murdoch, Have a great time.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DM,

Thought you would be gloating about the snow but I had great tracks in Engelberg, so nah, nah, pooh pooh...or any other silly childish remark I can think off to hide my jealousy.. Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, we are, thank you!!!

JT, The snow is remarkably good considering it hasn't snowed in a wee while. It's got to be structurally different to European snow as it has the consistency you'd expect on the Grands Montets at -10 degress while it's actually relatively mild here.

We skied Alta/Snowbird yesterday particular fun being the bumps under the Gad2 chair and me trying to find the entrance to High (Big?) Rustler. I got there in the end. I think. I reckon we spent too much time in Snowbird and should have hung out on the Northfacing slopes at Alta. Never mind. Still excellent skiing if a little busy (and a few chairlift problems getting in the way).

Today's big surprise having heard several comments on chairs yesterday was Solitude (just below Brighton). The general consensus was that it was very good if low key and that no-one went there!

In search of a queue-less day we set off this morning.

Well. We had the most excellent day. If we were on piste we were in lovely, well formed bumps but most of the time was spent off piste in cliffs and chutes. It was practically empty - every chair was ski straight on - and well organised. It was brilliant to the point that my legs were severely painful walking downstairs at the end of the day.

Solitude is aptly named - there is a peculiar sense of peace and quiet there - we all commented on it. It seems to have a small hard core of fans and I can understand why. The lift system is a little antiquated (it's a family run resort) but it copes (with the low numbers). What is tremendous is how the ski patrol manage to make so much off-piste accessible and (one presumes?) safe. Access is through gates (as seen elsewhere) and there tremendous terrain served off the lifts. There's a huge bowl (Honeycomb) that's just pitch after pitch of good steep skiing. Apparently a bit of a storm is forecast Tuesday so while we plan skiing Alta during the storm, I can see us back in Solitude afterwards. Just Awesome.

We even found a civilised snack apres ski at the Creekside restaurant - I had beef carpaccio with a fennel and apple slaw washed down with a glass of fine Idaho (I kid you not) Cabernet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DM,

Sounds perfect, hope it snows deep ...!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy