Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know what snow conditions have been like for the first week of April for the last few seasons and any predictions. I seem to remmember there being very little on th ebottom slopes but two seasons ago but can anyone with a better memory enligten me.
Cheers for any help you can give me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
switchskier, have a look at this page. It's part of the SCGB site - but I don't think it's members only.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
switchskier, We always have good conditions right up until the end of April. If you've got beginners with you (you mention lower slopes) then there are beginners lifts on the Cretes and you can also use the rope tow at 2,600m as well as the Roche Mantel on the glacier. If it's warm in March (supposed to be getting much colder this week), then some of the face runs may be lost by then, but the Valentin is always OK until the very end as it has cannons the whole length. There are now many new cannons on the Pied Moutet side, so that should still be fine then (after all you're talking about 3 weeks before the end of the season). Above the Cretes shouldn't be any sort of a problem. You'll see from the link to the SCGB site that you can expect about half a metre, give or take on the lower slopes and around 2 1/2 - 3 on the upper slopes.

I have never NOT been able to ski to resort at the end of April in 15 years, and did it last year on 8th May. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski,

When does the snow dissapper from the village? What is the latest it would be possible if the lifts were running?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnboy, It really does vary from year to year. At the moment we have loads - don't know the depths exactly, but I should think around 1 - 1 1/2 m in the village. They're running the snow cannons every night too. Therefore, if it stays cool it should be OK to the very end. Sometimes you do need a canoe late in April though. Most schools prefer to teach beginners on the Cretes late in the season because it gets icy/slushy in the village around midApril, but again, this varies.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers. On the runs down to resort was thinking of Valentine and Diable as the wait to get down was always attrocious otherwise.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
switchskier, There's never a queue for the Belle Etoile lift - just 'cos no-one knows where it is ........ If the Diable is open, you'll also be able to ski Grande pente, l'Y and Sapins I should think. l'Y is being pisted fairly refularly now (about once a week), so should be getting pretty compacted (= slower melt). Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Easyski, are runs such as Chemin des Demoiselles still likely to be open in the first couple of weeks in April?

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bh1, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers PG. I've been lurking for a few weeks but now we have booked to got to L2A Laughing it's time to reccy the piste map and work out some itineraries.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy