Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2018/2019-and useful links

Poster: A snowHead
@RetroBod, it's not a classic Retour d'Est looking at the charts, but there is a very active low pressure system for a brief period late Sunday into Monday (all of 10cm ? ) however you'd then expect to see more snow in the Queyras / Milky Way which is not the case.

It's Wed / Thurs currently that looks more interesting (depending on what forecast you're looking at)*, and there is a definite split between here and La Grave, with LG almost double but still too far out to be sure.

Have to say pistes are still in great condition, and so empty so you can really let the skis run and we clocked up just over 70km going from Monetier to Briancon and back, so a 100km could be easily achievable with a few extra runs and some doubling up of runs thrown into the mix Toofy Grin

today's ski track

optimisitic http://www.meteociel.fr/tendances/1900/la_salle_les_alpes.htm
pessimistic https://www.yr.no/place/France/Provence-Alpes-C%C3%B4te_d%E2%80%99Azur/Serre_Chevalier/long.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ok you lovely snowheads. Where should we go tomorrow? We're in Monetier and have done 3 days on the surprisingly good pistes in Serre Chevalier, today had a nice day in Puy St Vincent. Wonder what's our best bet for our final 2 days (we've got the full lift pass and a car). Any advice??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RetroBod wrote:
@Weathercam, hints of that elusive Retour on Sunday?

Now I’ve decided to go to Austria instead there’s sure to be a heavy fall of snow Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowlapin, go for the 100km
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's throwing down the gauntlet! I think we're going to have a day in Montgenevre.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowlapin, if you have a car, keep an eye on Alpe Du Grand Serre Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
F cold this afternoon
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh well glass half full and all that Cool

My mate who we call the Snow God arrive in Serre Feb 2nd Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had a good day in montgenevre which seemed to have had a tiny sprinkling of fresh snow. Intrigued by alpe de grand Serre suggestion Weathercam. Did they have fresh snow there? Couldn't figure it out. We thought we might head to alpe D'huez tomorrow but with wind howling on lauteret think we'll stay in Serre Chevalier for our last day tomorrow. Cold toes this week but bright blue skies...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great week of skiing, you have to pick your runs but there is plenty of good piste skiing to be had. Yesterday was tricky with the wind scouring the softer snow off anything above mid station. Mornings are best but hopefully forecast snow will help things out a bit. They really have done a good job maintaining the pistes!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Life truly doesn't get much better than first tracks on Aguilettes this morning. Bluebird skies and fast piste skiing is the order of the afternoon. Last day but wow what a day.....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@RetroBod, great finale to your stay Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RetroBod, Aiguillette is a hidden gem.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More or less first lifts and first tracks everywhere we skied, though had to race past two ESF instructors who were doing our ridge hike with around 20 or so snowboarders in tow on the final run.

Snow was a tad wind blown off the ridge as you can see Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/tHxxLNEb0_k
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells wrote:
@RetroBod, Aiguillette is a hidden gem.
whoops you bet it is. I have scored some great runs there over the years just a shame the lift is so slow!! It was amazing this morning as even the pisty had not skied the top part. That's me for now. Back in 3 weeks for half term madness!!
latest report
@Weathercam, I almost saved that fall Laughing
ski holidays
Hey everyone, any recommendations for high performance ski hire in Briançon or neighbouring villages? Heading out next week and some the group need kitting out!

Thanks!
latest report
@KenX, well at 42 secs you can see how the snow snake nearly bit me Laughing

@Drifter210, Riquet Village Sports in La Salle / Villeneuve probably has the best high-performance kit to rent.
ski holidays
@Weathercam, amazing what a little snow will do......looks nice, and good wipeout footage
snow report
What a shame, that wind yesterday
snow report
Hey peeps, anyone able to recommend a good place to get my equipment serviced in Serre? Need the a couple of boards and skis waxed and sharpened this weekend. Many thanks!
latest report
@dontstack, sorry, diy only here! Anyone else got recommendations?
ski holidays
@dontstack, where are you staying ?
snow conditions
Thanks for the prompt reply friends. I'm staying at Hôtel Christiania.

Bummer if there isn't anywhere, I don't have the means or know how to self service Puzzled
snow conditions
Dr. Feelgood at the bottom of the Aravet is very good and convenient for your hotel.
latest report
Quote:

Dr. Feelgood at the bottom of the Aravet is very good and convenient for your hotel.

Looks just like what I was after, thank you so much!
snow conditions
Good skiing today with Weathercam in the Monetier sector, the wind got up fairly early, closing a few lifts, but we managed to score several sweet runs in conditions varying from wind crust to boot-deep pow (and a hidden tree stump which I found Mad ) Around 10-15cm fell overnight which has helped the pistes a lot and started the job of filling the off-piste as well Very Happy
snow report
This week we've had a couple of snowfalls that have freshened up the slopes with around 10-15 at altitude, the off-piste however is still rather sketchy as more or less straight after the snow the wind has picked up to crazy levels, and the best of the off-piste is well down off the ridges almost at tree-level.

As I type this it is bonkers windy as you can see, with most of the altitude lifts closed.

All eyes are now focused on what the Snow Gods might deliver and it's finally good to see that all the models are more or less in agreement for Thursday into Friday.

Hopefully, I'll be out with the tape measure on the bird table with at least 30cms end of play Friday, unless of course, the wind returns.

Don't forget we have a Webcam on the bird table/patio so you can watch the snow creep up.

https://stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Conditions in La Grave looking pretty good, @Weathercam, do you reckon there was more snow over the Col?
ski holidays
@JackSkier, evidently a lot more, but reckon bonkers windy as well, though weirdly the wind's here seem to have eased?
snow report
Snowing well here, 30-50cm forecast tonight/tomorrow morning, La Grave due to remain closed due to Avi risk 5, may be the same here too, if not, some real careful inter-piste is on the cards........
ski holidays
Hope the feckin Col is shut so all the La Grave groups can’t come over and trash our snow wink
latest report
Looking good today. Heading to Serre Chevalier for the first time on the 9th of March. I started looking at webcams/snow forecasts and reading this thread far too early which I know is always a mistake.

Hopefully you will get another good top up or two through February and don't have any more snow droughts.
snow conditions
Boot-deep on the piste today with Weathercam and still hoofing it down Very Happy
latest report
Was avi risk 4 here today, 5 in general over the Thabor region
snow report
When it's like this another sport comes into play.

Jack Russell Tossing

http://youtube.com/v/eqOkmYfGCJU

@KenX, think earlier was slightly more than boot deep, just that snow was a tad heavy and just needed it to be steeper.

Secret piste had this to myself for three runs

Back home and the view outside

And

Check out the Cam in our Garden and watch the bird table disappear
https://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html
ski holidays
Brilliant
snow report
Another 50cm overnight, groundhog day......

ski holidays
@KenX, Cool
ski holidays
Wow. Picked the wrong weekend to visit!! Have fun and be safe out there. Back in 2 weeks anyway.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy