Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for good low light goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am looking for a good low light googles. Next December I will ski in Val Cenis in France. The station is 100% north exposed one and even on a clear day you don't see much of the sun. Last year I had there my Bollé Emperor modulator and... a simple orange screen mask was giving often better results. So... I really look for a good yellow/orange screen googles. A phothromatic treatment would also help with the relief. The budget around 100 eur max (around 90 GBP) I think. What would be your choice?
Thx for your help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can probably just about find a pair of Oakley Prizm Hi Pinks for that price this time of year if you shop around. Alternatively hi yellow type lenses are available from most brands starting at around £20 from Decathlon.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use these - the XL version.

I have also have yellow sunglass lenses. If it's purely a light issue I use those, only use the goggs if snowing. I prefer to have the peripheral vision if I can.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just replaced my old Oakley Crowbar Hi Yellows with... Oakley Flightdeck Hi Yellows.

They are like night vision goggles.

Most manufacturers have the data for the transmitted light through their various lenses. This is a good starting point!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

You can probably just about find a pair of Oakley Prizm Hi Pinks

@spitfire303, This, best low light lenses I've ever had
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you for your replies. I will check those Oakleys. I hope I can find some with a discount. I know some good French e-shops (with nice discounts) can you advise some UK based?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spitfire303, Freeze Pro
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Vision3K.com
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was looking around and this model is the budget friendly (I ski one week per year ).
http://www.vision3k.com/oakley-ski-goggles/02-xl-otg

I may look other models but the price is too high for now. What do you think about this o2 range? I see there is xl and and XM version. It's about the face size and form?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's an OTG model designed for use with glasses so will sit further from your face probably. In all honesty - good though the Oakley Persimmon is I'd go for a more modern lens and a different manufacturer if wanting bang for your buck e.g. you can get these Smiths with a bright lens and a storm lens
http://www.vision3k.com/smith-optics-ski-goggles/squad-xl/squad-xl-m006752e8996k
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anybody used those uvex, their photocromatics work? http://www.ekosport.fr/uvex-skyper-vfm-black-mat-17-p-9-19847.html can get the ad cheap as 90 eur or Smith vice with red sensor screen for around 70 eur.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spitfire303 wrote:
Anybody used those uvex, their photocromatics work? http://www.ekosport.fr/uvex-skyper-vfm-black-mat-17-p-9-19847.html can get the ad cheap as 90 eur or Smith vice with red sensor screen for around 70 eur.

I bought these Oakley Line Miner Hi Pink Prizms recently from Igero. They still have a 20% discount offer on bringing the price down to £86.

https://www.igero.com/goggles-c8/snow-goggles-c9/line-miner-p17794?attribute[1]=5981
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any Smith blue prism lenses (which are actually light yellow). Or the next level up, as these are near clear; I think yellow or red prism.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spitfire303 wrote:
I was looking around and this model is the budget friendly (I ski one week per year ).
http://www.vision3k.com/oakley-ski-goggles/02-xl-otg

That is what I use as mentioned above.

spitfire303 wrote:
I may look other models but the price is too high for now. What do you think about this o2 range?

You have to be realistic. A whiteout is a whiteout is a whiteout. There isn't a lens in the world that will allow to ski with great vision. First thing is to have some goggles. In poor weather goggles will stop snow or wind blow through the gaps that occurs around your sunnies. Second up is fogging up of the goggs. If they fog up any goggs with any lens is pointless. I can vouch for the 02's in this regard. Then there is the lens itself. And whether we are talking goggs it boils down to the same thing - how much light they let in (measurable) and the clarity and definition (not measurable). Again, be realistic about the vision obtainable. The 02 is decent enough for a once a year skier IMO.

spitfire303 wrote:
I see there is xl and and XM version. It's about the face size and form?

Correct.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Awdbugga, Thanks for the link. I've acquired these which I guess will guarantee uninterrupted sunshine and blue sky days for my next few trips - or maybe not. (Good investment either way Very Happy )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy