Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gare de nord to Gare de Lyon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know its been asked before but I can't find via a search.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes please by Metro and by Taxi?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It takes about 10 mins on the RER (not Metro). These aren't quite as frequent as the metro but are about every 10-15 minutes, so it could take up to 25mins if you are unlucky. With walking through the stations and buying tickets it is probably between 30 and 45 minutes train door to train door. Only a couple of stops though, and no changing.

Plus of course, you'll need to buy a ticket. When I was at GdN recently there were quite big queues, even for the automatic machines. I read somewhere that you can get metro tickets (the tickets are the same for RER and metro) at Waterloo, so it might be worth your while if the connection is a bit tight for some peace of mind.

d
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
micksup. As pendodave suggests, the RER is best, though it is a hassle carrying stuff through the barriers, downstairs and upstairs etc. It's no major problem, though.

At a rough guess it would be a 20 min cab ride in traffic, though a French cab driver would probably do it in 3 mins.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
micksup, like pendodave and David Goldsmith say ! Take the RER line D, Direction Melun. The trip takes 8 minutes. The RER platform is about 5 minutes walk from the Eurostar terminal, but well signposted
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PatchToo, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith wrote:

At a rough guess it would be a 20 min cab ride in traffic, though a French cab driver would probably do it in 3 mins.

But make sure you are one of the first off the train to the taxi rank or you may be another 20 minutes or more in the queue.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair, Thanks, but I'm an alias of Patch (don't ask !) Blush
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
micksup, Definitely get the RER - it's only 2 stops, but it's a bit confisuing buying tickets as the Gare du Nord/Lyon is never marked on the ticket machines AFAICS! Also don't take too much heavy luggage as you can't take your trolley with you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy