Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Ski Podcast Episode 209: Les 2 Alpes, Trysil in Norway & Vans For Bands

Poster: A snowHead
haha. I think we should do it!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just listened to 54, which had the best and most interesting interview I have yet heard with Dave Ryding.

I’ll rated it much higher than your recent reviews, definitely 1 and 1/2 stars Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agreed

Great interview with Dave Ryding. Sounds a top bloke.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have caught up with the last two. Really good, and really enjoyed the interview with Steve Cross. Weird listening with a beer in the sun in the garden, mind.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The two female skiiers you and Dave Ryding were trying to remember by the way were Gina Hathorn and Divina Galica.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. Some good feedback there. Dave was indeed a really top bloke, really enjoyed talking to him. As was Steve Cross - so modest about a seriously impressive achievement.

Interviewed Laurie Taylor this week and we have a Q&A with Graham Bell coming up. Next episode should be out early June.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mentions for several Snowheads (thanks for your reviews!) in Episode 55, plus some chat on The Perfect Ski Run, interview with Laurie Taylor, news from Andermatt and more:
https://audioboom.com/posts/7596050-55-the-perfect-ski-run-laurie-taylor-andermatt
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the shout out

Another great listen.

Laurie Taylor interview very good.
Very likeable young man
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike Pow wrote:
Thanks for the shout out

Another great listen.

Laurie Taylor interview very good.
Very likeable young man

Agreed, very down to earth.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another good podcast, gents. Interesting to hear about In The Snow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@iainm, so what is the circulation of Inthesnow?

For what its worth I do get their emails and I think got a few free issues from the ski show, I find it an interesting read.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ster wrote:

On their website it says 55,000 - https://media.inthesnow.com/ - but I thought Megan said 40,000? Will have to re-listen.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And thanks for the positive comments everyone! We have a live Q&A with Graham Bell next
https://www.facebook.com/events/261896025129876/

Please add your questions and tune in if you can
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
iainm wrote:
ster wrote:

On their website it says 55,000 - https://media.inthesnow.com/ - but I thought Megan said 40,000? Will have to re-listen.

I think she said 43,000. Then back-pedalled and said she’d have to get back to you so I wondered if she had.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Interesting. Maybe the site needs updating!
Q&A with Graham Bell up next - will be live next Friday 19 June, 4pm (and then shared as a podcast later)
https://www.facebook.com/events/261896025129876/
ski holidays
Episode 56 now live:
- Iain interviews Rachael Oakes-Ash, founder of the Australian website, Snowsbest.com
- Jim reports on skiing in the 'new normal' from Les 2 Alpes
- Would you 'visit' the new virtual Ski Show?
- Chat about the direct Eurostar service cancellation
- Iain prepares for a visit to Saas Fee
- Jim drops a surprise announcement!
https://audioboom.com/posts/7632157-56-australia-nz-skiing-in-the-new-normal-in-les-2-alpes

Comments and reviews always welcome!
snow report
Episode 57 of The Ski Podcast is now live:
- Summer skiing in Saas-Fee & Zermatt
- Sustainable ski clothing from EcoSki
- An exclusive interview with Dave Ryding
- Jim's last episode!

Listen now wherever you download your podcasts or via the link below:
https://audioboom.com/posts/7648884-57-summer-skiing-in-switzerland-eco-ski-clothing-dave-ryding
snow report
Episode 58 of The Ski Podcast is now live featuring Snowhead Mike Richards:
- Skiing in Scotland and Norway
- The future of apres-ski
- Amazon's new drone tow idea
- Ski Shows in London, Birmingham and virtual

https://audioboom.com/posts/7676551-58-norway-swiss-memories-the-end-of-apres-ski
snow conditions
Really enjoyed the experience

Thanks Iain
ski holidays
Just put Episode 59 live, this time round including:

- Quarantine discussions
- Emily Sarsfield on PyeongChang
- Sustainable Skiwear
- #SaveTheSkiTrain campaign
- Benjamin Alexander, Jamaican skier

https://audioboom.com/posts/7688440-59-cool-runnings-2022-emily-sarsfield-savetheskitrain-cahaya-straits
snow conditions
Fascinating interview with Benjamin Alexander
snow conditions
@Mike Pow, it was an ...interesting... take on the Olympic path. During it, kept thinking back to Heather Mills shot at getting to the Paralympics, and Vanessa-Mae's run which ended somewhat ignominiously.
latest report
I thought he came across as a little bit up himself. But maybe thats what you need to be to succeed in such an ambitious endeavour.
snow report
I've always thought @Emily Sarsfield is great. I've met her occasionally and she's always been lovely and the way she DIY'd, against the odds, to the level of success she did, is frankly amazing.
But please, Emily, try to train the phrase "kind o like" out of your diction... it must have been said 20-30 times during that podcast.
ski holidays
ster wrote:
I thought he came across as a little bit up himself. But maybe thats what you need to be to succeed in such an ambitious endeavour.

He was very quick to suggest the idea of the movie! I also wonder how realistic it is that he would get close to the FIS points required to qualify for the Olympics. It's a lot easier to get a ranking than to get a good ranking, especially starting so late in life. I will be surprising if we see him at Beijing, but he is clearly extremely dedicated and determined, so who knows?
ski holidays
admin wrote:
I've always thought @Emily Sarsfield is great. I've met her occasionally and she's always been lovely and the way she DIY'd, against the odds, to the level of success she did, is frankly amazing.
But please, Emily, try to train the phrase "kind o like" out of your diction... it must have been said 20-30 times during that podcast.

Now I'm going to be paranoid about my "umms" - will have to edit them all out! Very Happy
ski holidays
Episode 60's now live. Joined this week by friend of the show (and Snowheads) Dave Burrows plus Lucy Aspden from The Telegraph
https://audioboom.com/posts/7703809-60-quarantine-latest-80s-ski-technology-silvretta-montafon-jasmin-taylor

We look at the latest quarantine situation (as it was last Friday anyway!), plus there's another interview with a Snowhead - think they are known here as Davina Goldenballs about his ski technology predictions from 1988...

Please do share your thoughts on the show. We have reviews and namechecks in this episode for @thunderer and @bennyboy
latest report
@iainm, do you know Dave Burrows' 'real' name?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is is @Dave SnowPros ?
ski holidays
Episode 61 now live: Updates from Courchevel, Engelberg (on skiing last weekend!) and Jungfrau/Grindelwald. Plus we've an interview with Picture Organic Clothing and Mount Noire (a tour operator aiming to bring more diversity to skiing)

https://audioboom.com/posts/7714710-61-courchevel-eiger-express-engelberg-picture-organic
ski holidays
iainm wrote:
Episode 60's now live. Joined this week by friend of the show (and Snowheads) Dave Burrows plus Lucy Aspden from The Telegraph
https://audioboom.com/posts/7703809-60-quarantine-latest-80s-ski-technology-silvretta-montafon-jasmin-taylor

We look at the latest quarantine situation (as it was last Friday anyway!), plus there's another interview with a Snowhead - think they are known here as Davina Goldenballs about his ski technology predictions from 1988...

Please do share your thoughts on the show. We have reviews and namechecks in this episode for @thunderer and @bennyboy

Thanks for the continuation.

Another great listen
snow conditions
@ianm looking forward to the next episode regarding skiing in Scotland.
This season fills me with dread im afraid, for many of the reasons discussed in the thread on this forum. Either it will be decent snow and so busy that it will not be worth going , or it will be poor snow and we'll have no chance of skiing at all. I'll be very interested to hear your take on the prospect.
ski holidays
I have an interview today with the head of Snowsport Scotland and will drop a clip in Episode 62 and depending how we go maybe have an extended Podcast Special
ski holidays
Interesting bonus podcast with the sustainability guy from Picture. The sound was a bit in and out though.

I like their stuff and a distinctive look. I bought a jacket a few years ago (not sure they had the “Organic” tag in their name then though), found it to be decent quality at not an eye watering price and the recycled tag did help with the choice. So got a jacket and salopettes for our ten year old recently and pleasingly found that it had that room to grow function.

I’d be interested to see if their carbon sink ski wear comes off.
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Interesting bonus podcast with the sustainability guy from Picture. The sound was a bit in and out though.

yup, it wasn't ideal for the interview. I assume it was at his end as I've not had any problems with anyone else. I actually cut out several unintelligible sections!

BTW the new pod is out today - Episode 62, featuring Scotland, Touring in Chamonix, World Cup Latest, Andermatt & Tignes. We have Ed Drake talking about the oncoming World Cup season.
https://audioboom.com/posts/7725836-62-scotland-touring-in-chamonix-world-cup-latest-andermatt-tignes

@Roguevfr I'll be interested to hear what you think about the Scotland chat
@Mike Pow - there's a mention for you too!
ski holidays
ster wrote:

I like their stuff and a distinctive look. I bought a jacket a few years ago (not sure they had the “Organic” tag in their name then though), found it to be decent quality at not an eye watering price and the recycled tag did help with the choice. So got a jacket and salopettes for our ten year old recently and pleasingly found that it had that room to grow function.

I’d be interested to see if their carbon sink ski wear comes off.

Yes a very interesting episode
snow report
I'm doing one next week on electric vehicles in ski resorts, will be Facebook Live at www.facebook.com/skiflightfree and then a standalone podcast later. Please feel free to ask any questions you have in advance...
ski holidays
Episode 63 now live - When Will We Ski Again? Plus Verbier, Val d'Isère & Electric Cars in Ski Resorts
https://audioboom.com/posts/7740699-63-when-will-we-ski-again-plus-verbier-val-d-isere-electric-cars-in-ski-resorts
ski holidays
iainm wrote:
Episode 63 now live - When Will We Ski Again? Plus Verbier, Val d'Isère & Electric Cars in Ski Resorts
https://audioboom.com/posts/7740699-63-when-will-we-ski-again-plus-verbier-val-d-isere-electric-cars-in-ski-resorts

Another great listen.

Congratulations on finding things to talk about without sounding like a stuck record. The Mainstream Media could learn a thing or two.
snow conditions
Thanks. Doing my best to come up with ideas...!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy