Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Ski Podcast Episode 209: Les 2 Alpes, Trysil in Norway & Vans For Bands

Poster: A snowHead
Electric vehicles in ski resorts special is now live:
https://audioboom.com/posts/7737095-a-ski-podcast-special-electric-vehicles-in-ski-resorts
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a lot in Episode 64 of The Ski Podcast, now live:

- Alf Alderson discussing his new book 'Ultimate Skiing Adventures'
- Sally Ingham on finding a piano for Peter Gabriel in Verbier at short notice
- Jane Peel on why Tavascan (yes, I hadn't heard of it either!) is her favourite ski resort
- Graham Bell on whether he'll try the 'headbanger' in 'Dancing on Ice'
- Alexander Irwin on ski touring in Courchevel

And plenty more. Listen now below or where ever you download your podcasts:
https://audioboom.com/posts/7750412-64-richard-branson-in-verbier-graham-bell-dancing-on-ice-yoda-s-onesie
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In this episode we discuss skiing in Wales, the 'Great Escape' from Verbier, the challenges of cross-country skiing, ski touring in Crans Montana and plenty more.
I was joined by guests Betony Garner in the Chamonix valley and regular 'friend of the pod' Mike Richards in Wales, as well as down the line by Alex Moore in Wengen and Dom Turner in Morzine.
Listen now by taking this link or where ever you download your podcasts

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@iainm, didn't you release this a little while ago? I seem recall playing it already and if it was then poor Mike Pows audio levels were too low. I think I had to turn it right up to hear him then got blasted when someone else spoke.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, I don't know what happened with Mike's audio and I'm sorry about that. It sounded okay when we were recording and was only when I got to editing that it was clear there was a problem. Will do better in future!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No problems with the audio in this 'Dancing on Ice' Special interview with Graham Bell (programme starts this weekend)
https://audioboom.com/posts/7770264-a-ski-podcast-special-graham-bell-dancing-on-ice
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ster wrote:
@iainm, didn't you release this a little while ago? I seem recall playing it already and if it was then poor Mike Pows audio levels were too low. I think I had to turn it right up to hear him then got blasted when someone else spoke.

Hope you enjoyed it all the same
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mike Pow, always do,Mike.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ster wrote:
@Mike Pow, always do,Mike.

Great. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would love to have feedback from any listeners. We have a survey running here, with prizes to win from Les 3 Vallees:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3WP8A0_VlOMU2xifkUyDARu3sqsR3uz8qJIR915e387fl9Q/viewform
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ooooh. But what are these valuable prizes? It doesn't seem to say.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think it's a chalet in 1850 along with a private chef and staff for a year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
russ_e wrote:

Sadly not, but still a decent haul...

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Episode 66 is now live too - don't listen if you suffer from snow jealousy...Andy tells us about waist-deep snow in St Anton and no one else on the mountain:
https://audioboom.com/posts/7775263-66-mega-snow-in-st-anton-verbier-truth-jasmin-taylor-graham-bell

Plus Abi Butcher tells us the truth about Verbier, Graham Bell reveals the music for his Dancing On Ice debut and also updates from Jasmin Taylor, Morzine and Les Arcs

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounded like a very painful and bloody introduction to ice dancing, for his partner anyway.
snow conditions
Hi Iain. Just a quick thank you for the podcast. I’ve listened to quite a few other podcasts but ‘The Ski Podcast’ is by far the best for me.
Great content, interesting guests, plus it has really kept us informed through the shall we say an ‘interesting’ last twelve months. I always look forward to the next episode. One episode per week would be good for me and I expect for many others.
In catering for your average British skier you appear to have very few direct competitors. Most other ski podcasts seem to be either technical. (I.e. aimed at Instructors) or American.
I’m sure there are many of us who hope ‘The Ski Podcast’ goes from strength to strength.
Hope we all get back on the slopes soon.
ski holidays
@eggfried100 - thanks so much, reading that has genuinely helped my day. The ski news is relentlessly negative and to be honest with less (paid) work, all the time doing The Ski Podcast has kept me busy, given me a goal and is (just about) keeping me sane. Thanks again
ski holidays
iainm wrote:
russ_e wrote:

Sadly not, but still a decent haul...

I didnt win the chalet or even the goody bag. Sad
snow report
ster wrote:
I didnt win the chalet or even the goody bag. Sad

Les Menuires gives hats to just about anyone, you must feel really left out.
snow conditions
Plus a mention for @eggfried100 Happy

Episode 67 is now live, including:
- 'Behind the Scenes' at Ski Sunday with Chemmy Alcott
- Inside The Snow Centre with MD Ian Brown
- Peter Hardy reveals James Blunt's tour secrets
- Alpine craft beer from Sapaudia Brewing Co.
- Geneva car hire tips
- XC report from Les Contamines-Montjoie
- Ski touring in Andermatt, Switzerland

Listen now by taking the link below or where ever you download your podcasts:
https://audioboom.com/posts/7785843-67-behind-the-scenes-at-ski-sunday-with-chemmy-alcott-inside-the-snow-centre-james-blunt-to
snow conditions
A couple of very interesting specials "How to become a pisteur" and with the CEO of company that operates Inghams, Esprit, etc.

Keep up the good work!
snow conditions
Getting better each episode
latest report
Thanks guys. I keep forgetting to update - I've been bringing out an episode a week all of this season and it takes up so much time making them, I forget to remind people to listen. Recent ones:

Special with Martin Bell - https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/a-ski-podcast-special-martin-bell-downhill-racer/
How to become a pisteur - https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/a-ski-podcast-special-how-to-become-a-pisteur/
E69 Tignes, Murren 007, Joining the Ski Patrol & The National Snow Show - https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/episode-69-tignes-murren-007-joining-the-ski-patrol-the-national-snow-show/
latest report
Loved the Martin Bell special
From the interview someone you'd love to go skiing with and have a beer with after
ski holidays
yes agree the Martin Bell interview was really interesting!
snow report
Thanks guys. Some mentions for @Mike_Pow and @Layne in the latest pod too...
https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/70-the-inferno-skiing-in-afghanistan-olympian-martin-bell/

In Episode 70, Iain was joined by Vanessa Fisher and Nick Morgan from Le Ski as we talk ski holidays 2021/22. Plus:
- Skiing in Afghanistan with James Willcox, Untamed Borders
- A focus on the Inferno Rennen Mürren
- Interviews with Olympic downhill racer Martin Bell
- Snow reports from St. Anton am Arlberg, Whistler Blackcomb and Zermatt Matterhorn
latest report
Thanks

Nick Morgan was an excellent guest. He deserves all the success going forward.
latest report
Interesting article on the Afghanistan skiing/ski challenge

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/29/freedom-on-slopes-the-women-skiers-of-afghanistan-photo-essay
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, that timing is amazing really. I turned the full interview about skiing in Afghanistan into a standalone podcast
https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/a-ski-podcast-special-skiing-in-afghanistan/
ski holidays
I see you got the Eagle interview out of the cupboard. Maybe time to get Ms Gosling back on to see how that GB Ski jumping programme is going?
latest report
ster wrote:
I see you got the Eagle interview out of the cupboard. Maybe time to get Ms Gosling back on to see how that GB Ski jumping programme is going?

Yes, after Martin Bell mentioned him, I thought it would make a good standalone pod. He was such a nice guy too.
Good point about Vicky Gosling - I'm not sure I'm necessarily on the GB Snowsport 'green list' as the last time I spoke to her I asked her exactly what coming 5th in the medal table (their loudly stated goal) means in terms of medals (she declined to answer, saying it 'wasn't her area' and referred me to Dan Hunt instead).

In the meantime, Episode 71 is now live ft:
- an exclusive interview with Roger Federer
- Les 2 Alpes update
- Alyn from SkiKitInfo.com on the Elan Voyager
- Battleface Travel Insurance survey on PCR costs
- Resort reports from Engelberg, Courchevel and St. Anton
https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/episode-71-les-2-alpes-engelberg-roger-federer-traffic-light-travel
snow report
Episode 72 of The Ski Podcast is now live featuring:
- Alex Herrmann from Switzerland on the decisions to stay open this season
- Ian Brown from The Snow Centre on their acquisition of Chill Factore
- Katy Dartford on ski touring in the Binntal, Switzerland
- An exclusive interview Head Coach from GB Park and Pipe Pat Sharples
- Plus there's resort reports from Val d'Isère, La Clusaz and Zermatt

Listen by taking the link below or where ever you download your podcasts:
https://audioboom.com/posts/7858260-72-pat-sharples-swisstainable-chill-factore-touring-in-the-binntal
snow report
Episode 73 is live. The eagle-eyed (who know various aliases) will spot several Snowheads contributing to this episode:

Bit of a bumper UK edition in Episode 73 of The Ski Podcast - we have reports from Snowheads all over the place:

- Mike Richards reported from Wales
- Greg Hilton was ski touring in Cairngorm with British Backcountry
- David Johnson visited Glencoe and the Nevis Range earlier in May

Plus we have Simon Burgess on snowboarding in the Lake District, Paul Anderson on the NZ season and Claire Burnet from Chamonix.

Listen now by taking the link below, or whereever you download your podcasts:
https://theskipodcast.com/resorts/episode-73-new-zealand-chamonix-skiing-in-the-lake-district-in-may/
ski holidays
Great to get an item about skiing in England, though it has taken 73 episodes to get there !
The item on Ski Sunday was about the Weardale Ski Club not Raise. Raise has been on the BBC news recently and has been on Countryfile in the past.
Plenty more material available! The LDSC have been around since the 1930s. Yad Moss got a mention too yayyy snowHead
snow conditions
@iainm, you should get @mountainaddict on the next one to talk about his skiing at Cairngorm on 1st June!
snow report
Thanks for those tips and info @kitenski and @Peter_S - Peter, do you ski at Yad Moss too?
latest report
@iainm, both Peter and I ski at Yad Moss, I think Peter is more involved in it than me!
snow conditions
Hi Iainm, yes I’m involved with the club.
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
Hi Iainm, yes I’m involved with the club.

Would be great to have a chat at some point. Woudl you be able to email me iain@skipedia.co.uk?

Next up for the podcast is an interview with the founder of Planks Clothing, Jim Adlington
snow conditions
Peter, thanks for contacting me. Looking forward to chatting about Yad Moss later in the year.

Also listen out for @mikepow from this parish, talking about skiing in Macedonia in our next podcast

First up though, my interview with plongeur-turned-entrepreneur Jim Adlington of Planks is now live:

https://theskipodcast.com/podcast/a-ski-podcast-special-jim-adlington-planks-clothing/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy