Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 18/19 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Whitegold wrote:
Southern Hemisphere 2019 is kicking off.

Around 1-2ft of freshies in Australia this week, at Perisher, etc.

https://planetski.eu/news/11805

Wow amazing start to the season. Am heading over next year so hopefully the cooling trend continues
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still in one of the longest stretches of negative AO/NAO phases I've seen, 2-3 months now. May was well below average temp, and June is potentially gonna be under as well.

HIc-Hv-Ctm-Br

Heavy rain coming below 2600m, sick pow above.

graphe12-1000-6-76853-46-1945-Avoriaz
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@polo, real east west split coming up. Very warm already at the eastern end of the Alps.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep with east based -NAO, low pressure in the west of mainland Europe feeds high pressure in the east.
In fact the closer you are to the UK (low pressure magnet) the colder and wetter your summer is so far. It seems to be drawing in troughs from every direction.

Greenland is to blame, having stubbornly ignored all winter forecasts for HLB it sets up a massive ridge just when the uk doesn't want it. Read a comment that weather patterns are getting 'stuck' for longer with climate change. In any case, it's somewhat worrying to see such extreme and persistent heat anomalies over the Arctic.

Personally am loving these cooler and slightly wetter months. I spend most of the day working outside, my new lawn is greener than the Irish countryside and you don't need fans or AC to get to sleep.

The over bearing heat will come soon enough.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Going to be above 30C in many parts of Austria this week...

Here’s a piece on increased meridional flows as a result of climate change.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2019-04-30-summer-extremes-2018-linked-stalled-giant-waves-jet-stream#
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I on somewhat chilly beach holiday in south western france, still dreaming of the slopes though
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@8611, if only austria did beach holidays Smile

I've just lit the fire...had to drag out a hard shell to reach the wood shed. Massive thunder storms all day here.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where is here ?

No rain in the north or Scotland yet snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Peter S, was raining in parts of both Scotland and northern England this morning. Just saying Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Peter S, PdS area

Found a new favourite website...meteologix.com
They have hourly detail on ECM models, including precipitation....only just found it, but it seems to have everything, even historical charts. Here's ECM UK rainfall next 48hrs

xx-model-en-339-0-modez-2019061100-63-18-157
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Found a new favourite website...meteologix.com

Thanks for that.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Four points to the compass, four seasons and four more days to the new thread!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ohhhh is it nearly the countdown to winter???????
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Meanwhile down New Zealand way some interesting potential for South Island according to The Grasshopper...

http://www.mountainwatch.com/grasshopper/#new-zealand

“Thursday 20 June

Cloud will build over the South Island as NW winds swing to the NE. It may start snowing anytime after dark with possible heavy falls. Ruapehu will be mostly fine with northerly breezes.

Extended Outlook

The low mentioned earlier should rampage over the South Island on Friday with more snow on the cards for ski fields there...”

Meanwhile Austria is hot trending stormy...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was wondering would that be the thread turn around date, I've never lingered this long

Who will bag the first (Northern hemisphere) turns of the new thread season?
latest report
Rest of June looking on the warm side...

http://www.severe-weather.eu/mcd/a-significant-heat-wave-with-peak-temperatures-above-35-c-is-becoming-increasingly-likely-next-week-june-24-30th-2019/
ski holidays
This thread is soooo last year... wink
latest report
We need it to melt the snow!

nozawaonsen wrote:
Rest of June looking on the warm side...

http://www.severe-weather.eu/mcd/a-significant-heat-wave-with-peak-temperatures-above-35-c-is-becoming-increasingly-likely-next-week-june-24-30th-2019/
snow report
@BobinCH, that gives me some megavalanche flashbacks Shocked
snow report
Ironically we've been down in Southern Spain on the coast for 5 weeks where it's windy most of the time and temps were not too bad, even out cycling during the day and some evenings we'd have another layer with us.

Could not believe the forecast when I looked at it for here back in Serre Che, with days of it topping out at 37.

Luckily overnight / early hours it drops to 15, but tackling 6 weeks of growth in the garden is pretty hard work!

We actually keep the windows closed, not only to keep the flies out but keeps the place cool.

I've just been speaking to a mate who has a place in Les Houches and yesterday he did a long 8hrs in the saddle and was in very bad way with temps in the 40's and he can handle warm temps, whilst his OH is meant to be doing the Mont Blanc 1/2 this Saturday and she has trouble when the temps in the UK hit 25!

This was the view from the Col du Galibier yesterday

Tomorrow it's the turn of the Izoard and I'm going to leave at 07:00, but I'll still be exposed to the searing heat on the Casse Desertes on the Izoard climb some four hours later rolling eyes
snow report
I have noticed that my Polar "Running Index" - indicative of VO2max apparently (function of HR and pace) is noticeably not as "good" above 25c... I'm just back in and it's 35C...
snow conditions
Mad dogs and Englishmen...........
snow report
We've had a good summer here in North Yorkshire. Never too hot or too cold. We had some rain when we needed it. we may pick up some showers the next couple of days and then next week it looks like heating up to 26C which would be the hottest day of the year here so far. Fingers crossed for some heat Cool
snow report
19/20 to sticky?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy