Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2018/19 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc etc etc

Poster: A snowHead
@Otherworld, I think I used a place close to the bottom of the Bruyeres gondola when we stayed in Reberty a few years ago, mainly because it was right next door to where we were staying, and it was fine.

So there definitely is choice, but I would go for convenience every time if it was me anyway.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The snow gods have been kind to Val Thorens - looks like they’ve had quite a bit of overnight snow in time for their grand opening!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.valthorens.com/en/live/livecams--webcams/resort-livecam.550.html
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Staying in Le Praz for most of the season. In regards to the works for new base station 'The Alpinium' does anyone know if this will affect skiing back into town and will any work be going on during the winter season?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The snow gods have been kind to Val Thorens - looks like they’ve had quite a bit of overnight snow in time for their grand opening!!!

I'm very pleased to read that, as my son is there for a long weekend with work colleagues - he'd have been very fed up if there was no snow.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pineapplechunks10 wrote:
Staying in Le Praz for most of the season. In regards to the works for new base station 'The Alpinium' does anyone know if this will affect skiing back into town and will any work be going on during the winter season?
The main route for skiing into Le Praz village is from the Courchevel side by dropping off the side of the Brigues red run just as it turns into a path that goes to the Foret chair/base station, so no issue. No idea if they'll be working on the base station during the winter but I don't see that it'll matter either way.

From the La Tania side, you'll still be able to ski to the Foret chair for sure, maybe you'll have to walk 100m to the road but I doubt it - the Praz bubble to C1850 will still be open so they'll have to provide access to it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Looks good in Val Thorens this morning.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went for a quick saunter above 1850 today:

New Grangettes cabins waiting for their first travellers:

Snow from the Croisette (just):

Too thin to think about the Loze side - my normal season-opener skin of choice - the photo doesn;t do justice to how superficial the covering is!:

Verdons currently approx 2 or 3 piste-bashers wide - snow cover to either side is purely cosmetic...:

Was feeling pretty pleased as I caught up with a lycra-warrior until I realised he was actually climbing on cross-country gear - respect!

A few soft turns to be had on the way down:

Testimony to the fact that ski touring is the new black (or nevica, or whatever your style reference of choice is) I was passed by approximately 30 skiers as I climbed up, including one group of at least 12 lycra warriors who made the bottom of Combe de Saulire look a bit like it does in the season (ie busy with out of control skiers Happy ):

Time (and motivation in the face of pretty poor conditions) caught up with me part way up Combe de la Saulire - good to see the snow cannons working overtime though - it is needed!

Lac Bleu/Loze looking a little thin:

In view of the current forecast it looks like a thin start to the season, but Verdons should be fully operational thanks to some monster piles of snow currently waiting to be deployed..!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:

Looks good in Val Thorens this morning.

Looks stunning! snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good photos.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We’re coming out next week - any other snowheads going to be based in Brides this winter?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was intending to drive down this eeekend but with gilet jaune action blocking fuel supplies will leave it till after Xmas
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone know if the new zip wire in Val Thorens is up and running yet? Seen lots of coverage about it being launched this season, but no sight of it actually working yet.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CourchGal wrote:
Was intending to drive down this eeekend but with gilet jaune action blocking fuel supplies will leave it till after Xmas

Drop us a PM if you want to meet up
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
When does VT fully open, from what I've seen its less than 10% at the mo, arrrhhhh thats including the 3 valleys...

ta
snow conditions
Reports of Gilets Jaunes holding up traffic on the dual carriageway through Albertville, this morning, and fuel shortages in Moutiers. 10 cm of overnight snow in Meribel.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 8-12-18 13:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Thanks for the report driving in today so good to know
ski holidays
Opening day for Meribel and Courch today - flurries of snow on and off all day down to about 1200m.

Above 2300m is nice (if thin), below that what pistes there are are a tad firm...

Piste down to Mottaret is very narrow, and currently either a bus down to Meribel (no Trout yet) or download Tougnete 1. There appears to be one piste-basher-wide section coming down from the Saulire side to the Chaudanne but we didn;t head up that side today...

Not very much open yet (as always for opening week) - Tougnete 1 & 2, Saulire Express, Combes, Plattieres, Plattieres 3, Plan des Mains - but still some fun sliding to be had...
snow conditions
CourchGal wrote:
I drove down from the UK yesterday/today. Didn't see a single gilet jaune until Chambery. They had peaceful blocks at Chambery and Albertville toll booths and that was it. Basically wanted you to either hand in your peage ticket or hide your tag so it didn't register. Otherwise no hassle. As somebody suggested elsewhere I had my gilet jaune on open display on the passenger seat. Lots of cars have them on their dashboards.
Mike S wrote:
Reports of Gilets Jaunes holding up traffic on the dual carriageway through Albertville, this morning, and fuel shortages in Moutiers. 10 cm of overnight snow in Meribel.
I also saw posts saying that there were shortages in Moutiers so I filled up in Albertville. No issue. There were protesters blocking the entrance to Geant in Albertville and on on the main roundabout in Moutiers but they weren't actually stopping anyone. Carrefour in Moutiers was clearly short of some meat supplies but not enough that anyone's going to starve.
snow conditions
Still snowing in Mottaret but raining lower down. Very windy. Only the Coombes chairlift currently running in the whole of the Meribel valley. Did a couple of circuits but not very pleasant, mainly due to poor visibility.
latest report
French TV said there is an alerts Orange for high winds on Haute-Savoie ☹️
latest report
I'm off to La Tania on 23 Dec. My first visit to 3V since 2008/9.

Looks like snow and colder weather for the next few days. Hopefully that will continue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=VXxIiy83GeQ
snow report
Is there an online archive of 3V piste maps ?

I'm looking to compare lifts/pistes from my last visit to this season

EDIT - found some on Toffa's site

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 11-12-18 13:26; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
After 50 cm of overnight snow in Mottaret, we had a good day's skiing, although there are only a few pistes open. There were no lifts operating in Mottaret until 11 am and then only Plattieres 1 and Combes 1/2. Sauliere 1, Tougnette 1 and Rhodos 1/2 were running by 9.30 am. La Truite is now open down to Meribel but the pistes below Rhodos mid station and the Altiport area are still closed. The snow continued to fall most of the day but the sky is clearing this evening and a sunny day is forecast tomorrow.
ski holidays
[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/B2r9PaKM2ac47Dcm9[/img] A glorious day in Meribel with fantastic snow conditions and very few people on the slopes.
latest report
Not too shabby in Courchevel today. Loze, Combe de la Saulire, Combe des Pylones and Creux all in great shape.
Lots of people playing roulette off the side - it may be white be there isn't much of a base yet!
Le Praz bubble, Verdons, Chenus, Saulire cable car, Biollay and Aiguille du Fruit all open, so plenty to be done.

A bit of softness on the grassy bits of the Loze:

Lower Creux:
snow conditions
Love this shot of before and after from Chez Pepe Nicolas in Les Menuires

ski holidays
Mr P was up in VT today. He drove up and parked in VT. Skied over to Les Menuires and then got stuck on the newly refurbed Bruyeres bubble which broke down. I’ve yet to have a full debrief..I think he was stuck in the lift for quite a while....but In between the skiing was good (lucky so and so). Finally got off and was then stuck in Les Men as the top half of Bruyeres wasn’t open to ski back. The last message I had was that the general manager of Sevabel (the Menuires lift co) gave him a lift back to the car in VT and, thankfully in time to get back to GVA for his flight.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perty,

Well done Mr P! Very Happy

We will be in Val T from Sunday, for 5.5 ski days. Looking forward to it after the fresh snow! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Article about the new Ho36 Hostel in Les Menuires.

Looks interesting.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 13-12-18 10:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
The Grandes Alpes in Courchevel 1850 has fitted some new stuff this month.

ski holidays
Whitegold,

I wonder what proportion of Snowheads would have that place on their radar? Only the Russian branch, me thinks rolling eyes
latest report
Another good day's skiing in Les3V, although a lot colder. The upper Courcheval pistes are still in excellent condition but some of the Meribel pistes, on the Saulire side of the valley, were a bit hard and icy this morning. Pas du Lac 2 and Suisse were running for the first time. Heavy snow falls are forecast for next week.
snow report
Bergmeister wrote:
Whitegold,

I wonder what proportion of Snowheads would have that place on their radar? Only the Russian branch, me thinks rolling eyes

Just had a quick look to see how much a weeks stay would cost. Entered my details and it came back 6000 Euros for a week for a 4 bed apartment. Not that bad really, then I saw the price was per night!
ski holidays
russ_e,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Whitegold, Have you booked yet? Puzzled
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/3M3ZvoOP-cE

Quick snow report for you. Courchevel is amazing this first week. more lift opening tomorrow and snow is on point!
latest report
thanksprinceeliot,

It's looking good for our arrival on Sunday! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Had the very rare experience yesterday of skiing down Allamands with not a single other skier on the piste the whole way - a rare treat as it is normally full of crazy loons skiing much faster than their ability or the multiple roll-overs should allow.

Oh and the new Bruyeres bubble is very comfortable (particularly if it doesn't break down!
ski holidays
@offpisteskiing, Mmmmm, an empty Allemands sounds Mint
snow conditions
Amazing skiing in Courchevel today.

Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy