Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon QST Stella 106 - any views?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife is thinking of getting Salomon Stella 106 QST in the sales. Any views on how these ski versus say the Volkl 108?

She is more likely to be skiing off the sides of piste rather than proper back country so wondering if a 90+ ski might suit better. She currently skis a Volkl Flair for piste days but hates these I the slush and new snow!

Any help welcomed.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bennyboy1 wrote:
She is more likely to be skiing off the sides of piste rather than proper back country so wondering if a 90+ ski might suit better. .

IMHO yes 80-90mm for mostly on piste with occasional forays to the side (which will very rarely be deep untracked powder!!)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hard to say without knowing her height/weight.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry yes. 167cm and 55kg
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bennyboy1, I bought male version for a ski trip to Japan this Feb. I loved them (6'2 or 188cm, 90-95 kg) in a new snow and worked well on piste too. My ski is 188 version. Easy and light ski that holds edge on hard pack rather well and can be pushed. If Stella construction is similar to the male version, then it is a really versatile ski that is fun (not hardcore, but still doing it's job properly). It is brilliant on a new snow, would definitely take them back to JPN and will most likely ski them this coming Jan in Champoluc.

For a lighter person like you wife, the skis should feel rather solid, but still fun, choose the right size though (not too short - if you would be considering between the two sizes, go for a longer one)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy