Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

arinsal-last week in season ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi there looking to take my wife and two children (who have never skied b4 )to arinsal on 17thapril for a week according to any imfo i can find the slopes are due to close in arinsal on the 23rd depending on weather although acrolis ? is supposed to stay open till 29th ( same ski pass ) is this too much of a gamble so close to season end ?? what do you experts think ? also should i book ski's ,passes here or wait until arrival ???any help or advice mucxh appreciated thx for looking

p.s.-anyone know of any good accomodation or any to stay clear of ?? have been looking at the xalet besoli but cant decide if its ok for kids , cheer s again
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jackas, friends who regulrly go to Andorra say it's too hot and sunny that late in the season. I've never been though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was skiing there right through to May, but that was a good few years ago and even then the conditions at that time of year were not the best - wouldn't be ideal for beginners (you don't want to put them off for life with morning ice and afternoon slush!).

That late in the season if you want a chance of reasonable conditions that beginners might enjoy I would play safe and stick to the high, snow-sure French resorts (though still no guarantees!). Or you could leave it late to book and wait to see where the snow is holding up.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
do you think ordeno - arcalis be any better do you think? Thnx for ur advice
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arcalis is certainly higher, and traditionally has the better conditions, but there is (or at least was) no 'resort' there, and thus no accommodation. You would have to stay down in Ordino or La Massana, which are a drive away from the skiing (I don't remember there being a ski bus, but that may have changed).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
how far away is arcalis from arinsal would it be too far for a daily journey if that were the case ?we will ahve a car ,problem is this is the only week we can go so am rally trying to find a way round it but dont want it to be a waste of time , thx for the info
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jackas wrote:
how far away is arcalis from arinsal would it be too far for a daily journey if that were the case ?we will ahve a car ,problem is this is the only week we can go so am rally trying to find a way round it but dont want it to be a waste of time , thx for the info
Can someone please advise on how far Arclais from Arisnal? We can only go week beginning 17/04/06 so are a bit concerned about ski conditions but have been advised that perhaps Aclais will be better conditions as higher! We will have a hire car but not sure how we would transport skis + 2 kids? Has anyone done this? New to all this so your advce is much appreciated thanks Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I dont know about that late in the season - you may be better off high up in France.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes that seems to be general opinion, but have struggled to find accom so etheir it is fully booked or the hotels have maybee closed!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jackas, Easter weekend I think.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[quote="jackas"]
jackas wrote:
how far away is arcalis from arinsal would it be too far for a daily journey if that were the case ?

Andorra is tiny, nowhere is far away. The only problem is Andorra City which can suffer from traffic congestion but the road from Pal-Arinsal to Arcalis is dead quiet.

I've been the last week of the season - somewhere around the end of April. It snowed at the weekend and Arinsal was a real blast on the Saturday and Sunday. It then closed (despite having great snow - what a waste) and we moved to Pas for a day. Pas then closed as the owner's son had been killed in an avalanche and everything shut down. We went up to Arclasis for the day which was fantastic, great between the pistes skiing. La Coma is very wild whereas the Arclasis side is pretty rugged with lots of little couloirs and gorges to ski through.

To be honest by the end of the week Grau-Roig, although skiable at altitude, was getting very wet at the car-park level. We didn't ski Soldeu as it closed the same weekend as Pal.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've been to Arinsal twice now (last week in March 05 and 2nd week in Jan 06) as have had beginners with us for the last couple of years. We leave them to learn in Arinsal and go off to Pal and Arcalis for better skiing. We then take them with us by the end of the week.

The last week in March was fine - bit slushy in pm, but still 75% pistes open.

Arcalis is fantastic and empty and yes there is a ski bus but not from Arinsal directly. You would have to get the free bus to La Massana (2km) and then the ski bus to Arcalis (14km?). These run about 5 times per day (each way) and take 50 mins. Alternatively you could get a taxi at a cost of approx 27 euro from arinsal - takes 20-25mins. Make sure you get off the bus/taxi at the second drop off point if you want the nursery slopes or its a long walk!

It would be better to stay in La Massana (has direct gondola to Pal), but then you have to get beginners to get to ski school in Arinsal by 9:30! Its not far only 2km by free bus, but still not as easy as walking from the hotel!

We have stayed at Aparthotel Sant Andreu which was clean and comfortable - food was good for kids but not v exciting! Also stayed at Xalet Verdu - nice hotel, v helpful staff - food was very catalan, fine if you like meat! Good buffet and breakfast tho. There are quite a few nice restaurants in Arinsal to try if not to your liking.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sebee, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy