Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

White Ski Gear Why???

Poster: A snowHead
Why do people wear white ski gear
Its bad to see in good light and positively dangerous when the lights poor
Had a close encounter with one a couple of weeks ago on a snowy day
No damage done but could have been nasty
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garfield, Good point! We all take the p... out of people in fluorescent 80s style suits, but they do have a practical advantage!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
White suits in a white out........... not very good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Garfield, nearly as bad as black ski pants.

Let us please have a return to colourful and characterful ski kit.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When the visibility was really bad in Andorra, the woman in the day-glo yellow was visible for miles. I really wished everyone else had an outfit like that on.

Could it be worth carrying flouro vests if you go on an all-day tour?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My friend has a bright green helly hansen set - in the white out on her last holiday she ended up having to lead her lesson down as she was the only one anyone could see - and yes that INCLUDES the instructor....

We should all dig out those old campri (?) jackets obviously! aj xx
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a Columbia jacket...primarily yellow and some old White Stuff (brand not colour!) trousers that are green/yellow.
They come out on foggy and cloudy days.
really makes a big difference for the family to keep together, even in white-outs.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
years ago i remeber skiing in Flaine, there was really bad weather one day and the ESF all appeared on the hill with their long coats on....yep you got it they were knee length and white!!!!!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiing down to Courcheval at Christmas I spotted (just) a young lady dressed in a white fur hat, snow leopard jacket and white trousers teetering across the run out area at the bottom of the slope. Couldn't have better camouflaged if she had been a member of the Marines on arctic warfare training. She almost got taken out three times by skiers just in the 2 minutes I was watching. Great fun (though not for the skiiers) Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My other half has a white jacket and was a little freaky on one or two occasions to look up the slope and just see a pair of black ski pants coming towards me!
Factor in the problems encountered at lunchtimes with 'Vin chaud' and tomato sauce and you've got yourself one big nightmare Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
white ski gear is ok for very attractive 'continental type' euro babes only...
also i find that anyone wearing a red jacket who isnt an instructor or in some position of authority a bit sneaky
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Canv, on wednesday I would guess about 50-60% were skiing with red jackets on or orange jackets on......
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well I've got a mostly white jacket and black ski pants and I like them. So there NehNeh
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used to have an all in one white ski suit and wore it regularly until I had the exact thoughts above. What happens if I get lost in a white out foggy day. To say the least it made me nervous and I never wore the thing again!!!!!! snowHead

Plus of course it was a bain to keep clean to!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am the prowd owner of a white outfit (with bits of blue). My previous jacket was red, but no one ever mistook me for a ski instructor. Something to do with my skiing Very Happy
snow conditions
White is the traditional camouflage colour for the skiing military, but I've never investigated the possibilities of army surplus skiwear.
snow report
What's the problem? Hot girls in white gear look great Smile
snow report
Tut - well that's that choice out the window then rolling eyes

So what's a girl to do? I'm concerned that I'll be laughed off the slopes if I turn up in my mid-90s splatter-pattern bluey-purply-pink 'cagoul-style' jacket and lilac pants 10 years on...
snow report
White Underwear - why?

With the ammount of violent staining that takes place when I venture into the deeper snow, it makes no sense at all. Granted it's easier to spot a used pair first thing when scrambling for the doo, but what is the point!
snow conditions
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
white ski gear is ok for very attractive 'continental type' euro babes only...
also i find that anyone wearing a red jacket who isnt an instructor or in some position of authority a bit sneaky

What's a continental type euro babe?
ski holidays
I too am the proud owner of a white jacket, with purple bits on. I love it, as it's really warm, but it doesn't half get dirty quickly. I;ve had it ages now, and even stopped wearing it till this winter, we were there for almost 3 weeks so i took 2 jackets and pants. I even washed the white one to wear again. The purple pants don't fit anymore.
latest report
marc gledhill,
Quote:

White Underwear - why?

With the ammount of violent staining that takes place when I venture into the deeper snow, it makes no sense at all. Granted it's easier to spot a used pair first thing when scrambling for the doo, but what is the point!

Definitely more information than I needed there Shocked Shock snowHead
latest report
Continental type Euro babe:

http://www.icdphotos.com/album/2622326

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 24-02-06 19:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Best use of Camo' i've ever seen was at the Hele-port, Arolla Switz', the military base had camo telecabins. They were hard to spot against the blue and white background???????????? Little Angel
latest report
I think you should imagine those cabins in the summer pictured from airplanes/helicopters...

BTW, what's wrong with black ski pants? My gear was royal blue with black/dark grey, and now its just black with some ligh grey. Simplicity, above all. My girlfriend has white trousers, btw... She's a hot babe.
snow conditions
demos, Ah, yeah good point, although we did laugh as the bush floated up the mountain. Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy