Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are there any other apartments in the Alpes as good as Les Arc 1950?

Poster: A snowHead
Having now returned from the trip I organised for a group of 25, most of the participents want to go again next year and want me to organise it - because this years' went so well.

In all honesty it was a success because we picked up cheap flights and sourced a private coach transfer company that were very efficient. Couple this to a two bedroom apartment rate of around 1200 euro's at half term (for large well appointed apartments, pools, spa's, ski in/out etc.) and a good ski area - then it was easy to impress.

But how can I follow that? If I double the price, it's easy, but I wondered if there were any apartments of a similar standard - and price - elsewhere.

Cheers.

Marc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.skicollection.co.uk have a range of 4* and 4* plus apartments so whether you use them or approach management co direct it will give you an idea of price.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dan100, cheers, I'll browse away snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marc gledhill, is that price really for a two bedroom place (sleeping 6) - 1200 euros in UK half term week? - very good deal given the public prices here (Excel spreadsheet I'm afraid and "pièces" is rooms so two pièces is one bedroom/three pièces is two bedroom)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bungle, yep, three piece clubs IIRC. The offers I got beat the official price by quite a lot. I did buy seven of them though. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill, Erna Low have MGM apartments on their website.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or was it £1200. I'll check in the morning. Confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marc gledhill, there are MGM apartments in La Rosiere that are of a very high standard - Les Cimes Blanches and you'll have the advantage of seeing the sun before 11.00 and after 4.00 pm.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's pretty tricky, I've ended up in les arcs 3 times now Happy I'd agree with the ernalow/mgm recommendations above. aj xx
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you could get a block booking on these, these are fantastic http://www.casavanessa.ch/e/cv1.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David@traxvax wrote:
marc gledhill, there are MGM apartments in La Rosiere that are of a very high standard - Les Cimes Blanches and you'll have the advantage of seeing the sun before 11.00 and after 4.00 pm.

We have just returned from Les Cimes Blanches over half term cost was £1300 for a two bedroom apartment. They were very good with ski in ski out location. The only slight problem was although the apartments were finished to a very high standard the rest of the complex needed finishing so a few teething problems which they will no doubt of sorted out by next year.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the mgm ones in tignes look nice too. the one above is on the website i mentioned. looks like they've got one in st martin de bellville as well
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try Sainte Foy, all accomodation is of a very high standard from a 2 bed apartment to a 10 bed chalet.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
If you want mgm, the direct booking sites are either here (Les Arcs, La Plagne, Val d'Isere, Chamonix, Meribel, Les Menuires, Les Carroz):

http://www.pierrevacances.com/index.php?code_mrq=mgm

or here (La Rosiere, Vallandry, Tignes, Ste Foy, Ste Martin de B, Les Saisies):

http://www.cgh-residences.com
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks everyone, I'll be having a good look through this lot over the weekend.

Bungle, it was £1200 by the way. Embarassed
snow report
I'd say that the MGM properties generally aren't quite as well specified at the facilities at Arc 1950.
ski holidays
i think there are large chalets you can hire in altiport area of alpe d'huez and as there are a cluster of chalets that might be another option
snow report
marc gledhill, try www.mountainheaven.co.uk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy