Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Precautionary recall of 3+ avalanche transceivers running software version 2.1

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
PRECAUTIONARY RECALL OF 3+ AVALANCHE TRANSCEIVERS RUNNING SOFTWARE VERSION 2.1
Feedback from our SAFETY ACADEMY PARTNERS has revealed that, in some very rare situations, temporary disruption of the transmission function may occur on our 3+ avalanche transceivers running software version 2.1. The reason for the disruption is a software error. The new software version 2.2 will rectify the error.

There have been no known accidents caused by the software error. As a precautionary measure to ensure our customers are not at risk, we are recalling all 3+ transceivers running software version 2.1. Devices affected by the recall may no longer be used without the required software update.

https://www.ortovox.com/uk/services/emergency-equipment/avalanche-transceivers/recall-3/

& details of who the recall agent is:

https://www.ortovox.com/uk/services/emergency-equipment/avalanche-transceivers/recall-3/hotline/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ise, thanks for the heads up, I'm sure there will be a few people with these.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Who's doing the UK recall ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ise, Thanks for that. Both of mine are running 2.1, so I’ll send them when details are available.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher wrote:
Who's doing the UK recall ?

Noble sent a notification to UK partners. I would think you need to contact the retailer.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@musher, I’ve just received an email from Facewest about mine and it directs you to ortovox.com and to send it directly to them by following instructions on that site. I’ve not gone through it yet but it does say that it can be sent free of charge.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sent mine off today. It's an easy process, just input the serial number you get on the screen when you turn it on, it gives you a prepaid label to stick on an envelope and hand it to UPS. The hardest part was finding the sellotape.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@musher, I’ve registered my two devices and it’s quite simple. I then received a PDF with all the necessary to send them back. I just need to include page 2 of the PDF in the package with the devices, then attached the UPS label on page 3 to the front of the package and take it to a UPS depot for despatch to the Ortovox service centre in Germany. Hopefully I’ll get them back before next season. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kieranm, Oops, didn’t see your post above. Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No problem. Despite them saying it had a 6 week expected turn around time, I got mine back within a week.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kieranm, That’s good to know. Thanks. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2 units picked up by UPS on Friday last week.
Email from Ortovox on Tuesday warning "Due to the large number of devices, processing time is currently 6 weeks."
Arrived back updated today (Friday) Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They’ve acknowledged receipt of my two and I got the 6 week warning. They were sent on Monday, so I’ll update when they come back.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well they arrived back today, so only took a week. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh no... I've just tested mine and I'm affected too Shocked
snow report
After reading this back in June I found my unit needed the update. Finally got around to posting it last week, got a 6-week warning email then another email the next day to tell me it was on the way back! Great service.
latest report
just found this and sent my transceiver off.
thank you very much for posting this, I would likely never had known otherwise!
snow report
Well,
sent it off, had an email back saying they had received it (thats proper service, customer confidence inspiring!), also telling me they would check out one or two other things as well and fix if needed.
Then another email, its fixed, serviced and updated, and on its way back with a tracking number!
all within 10 days start to finish.

Very impressed, sets a very high standard for all other suppliers thats for ceratin!
latest report
@snowornever, I agree, it was very efficient and great service and seems to be the same for everyone who’s posted up about it.
snow report
I spotted this last week and sent mine off. Just received acknowledgment email saying due to high volume of returns it could take 6 weeks. I see from @Valkyrie's note above that this may be expectation management but it may mean a lot of people are waking up to this as the season approaches so best get yours in quick if you are affected.
snow conditions
@Thorney, as far as I can tell we've all had messages to say 6 weeks and I don't know anyone who has waited longer than 2. Most seem to get turned around in 7-10 days.

It's funny but this 'problem' has actually improved my perception of Ortovox as a brand.
snow conditions
@admin

Pleased to confirm my experience is the same as others - back in my hands 10 days after sending. Perhaps the talk of ever extending backstops elsewhere has infiltrated the Ortovox PR team! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Just got mine back after 8 days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy