Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where would you go... Mar 11th?

Poster: A snowHead
Ok - bit cheeky I know but would love to hear Snowheads opinions...

Not booked yet - but looking at a holiday flying out of Bristol at a cheap price - which means we are looking at a tour op...

Looks like there is still availability to the following places... which would you go for?

Austria - nice hotels in Skiwelt where I went last year, however if there is no more snow between now and then will it be worth it, skiclub site says its icy mornings soft afternoons at these lower resorts...

France - plus point will be large ski areas, however <£500 means chalets and past experience tells me those will be poky little rooms in a purpose built resort. Also reporting 'spring skiing' conditions like austria

Italy - unknown quantity for me but there's a deal to Passo Tonale, and snow cover is currently good.

What would you do????
cheers
MM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm facing the same dilemma myself. Also I'm likely to be going on my own. I'm going to leave it a while longer though, see what happens to snow conditions and prices.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountain mad, I think temperatures are about to plummet next week , and there's a possibility of more snow to come.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer - problem for me is that Bristol flights do tend to get full - and for me its worth the extra £50-£100 rather than trying to get myself to Gatwick so I might bite the bullet and book something tomorrow
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks helen - are you referring to France - or Europe generally???
because in that case i would definitely pick Austria over France, but would love some handy info on whether to try Italy....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mountain mad, a very good point about the flights. I would recommend going to Austria as they're having an outstanding season.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountain mad, although the weather forecast for the French Alps is due to get much colder next week (not sure about Austria, but I guess also there as well), from the 7th March onwards, temperatures are forecast to rise (although forecasts that far out are not very reliable). Unless you were prepared to do as Kramer suggests, and wait until closer to the date of travel before deciding, I'd be tempted to book for a high resort to keep temperatures to sensible levels.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountain mad, you can get an easyjet flight to Geneva from Bristol on 12th March returning 19th March for £49.99 out and £70.99 back. We have availability that week in chalet le Mouflon for £430.00 per person, we have afree transfer to/from Geneva, we don't charge single supplements, we don't have poky rooms and La Rosiere is a super little village, we're also giving a free 6 day lift pass for France and Italy with every adult weeks booking in March. Skiing conditions at the moment are the best of the season, so grab a bargain, have a look at our ad in snowShops or go to www.tracksvacations.com for details.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am looking forward to a week in Lech, flying out March 11th, already booked hotel/flights with Inghams. Very nearly went to Italy, but somone said "are you mad? "why on earth aren't you going to Austria?!"

Having never been to Austria before, I'm v. excited. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Beverley, you will have an amazing time in Lech, it is fantastic. Make sure that you have lunch at the Goldenerberg, and visit the toilets. The Weinerschnitzel is outstanding.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys - David - will show your website to other half!
Its coming down to Austria vs La Rosiere!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer Thanks for your tip......I'm looking forward to those toilets already!! Very Happy

I'm told they heat their chairlifts too! wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Beverley, it sounds a bit poncey, until you try them. Very Happy A lovely warm bottom on a cold skiing day is somethiing to be savoured.

The Goldenerberg is in Ober Lech.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

A lovely warm bottom on a cold skiing day is somethiing to be savoured

That might have beeen just a tad more information that I really needed Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Beverley, I'll be in St Anton from the 11th March. We'll be skiing over to Lech to see how the other half live Wink

Kramer, is that the one with the slide down to the toilets??? My bro has told me about one where you take a slide down to the lavvy, altho thinking about it I think he said that was in St Christoph
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, that's the Hospiz Alm in St Christoph. I've not managed to have lunch there yet.
snow report
Kramer, we'll have to give that a go then Wink I am right in thinking some of the lifts around Lech and Zurs are heated are they not?
latest report
Charlatanefc, see my previous post about warm bottoms. Very Happy

The Hospiz Alm is meant to be one of the best mountain restaurants in the world, so worth booking ahead. I'm disappointed that I've not managed to go there yet on my gastronomic tour of the worlds best ski resorts.
snow conditions
Kramer, did I read in another thread you are going to Zermatt pretty soon??? Make sure you try the Fluhalp.
latest report
Charlatanefc, The slide down to the toilets in the Hospiz Alm, favours those skiers with a skinny backside. It is possible to get stuck! Laughing
snow conditions
Charlatanefc, Zermatt was the last holiday but one. The Fluhalp is good, but I prefer Zum See and Chez Vrony.
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, I'm in St Anton from 11 March as well might see you there. We're stopping in Nasserain right at the bottom of the gondola - where abouts are you hanging out?
snow report
stevew, Just down the road, staying at the Hotel Senn. Perhaps meet up for a beer one night Wink

snowbunny, that's me ruled out of going down the slide then rolling eyes

Kramer, blimey, are you Alan Whicker in disguise? Wink
snow conditions
Charlatanefc, pot, kettle? wink
ski holidays
I hope it hangs on a bit longer as I am in St A on the 19th march last year it was fine up top until late April.
ski holidays
If you can get to Verona or Treviso, then Val di fassa/fiemme in Italy are fantastic at the moment.

We're going to have such a good time Smile
snow report
Charlatanfc in view of your earlier comment I'd like to add I shall be skiing across to St Anton if only to see the rabble! (only kidding).

I've never been to Lech but am a keen skier at Klosters. I am told Lech is very exclusive, but one of the reasons I love Klosters it is small, unassuming and understated, and not in your face expensive, whilst I am slightly worried that Lech will be more "look at me and my money" type. However, so long as I can get a Leffe and decent skiing, I'm not too worried about heated chairlifts to be too honest. Little Angel
latest report
MM, if your group is beginer or low intermediate then I'd try Bansko. The place is such good value, I'm booked to go to Verbier already this year but from next season I'll be paying 80p a pint.

BB
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountain mad, we're off to Ellmau in the Skiwelt on 11th Marhc, just booked yesterday. Flights £130 to Munich (Gatwick), about £50 return on the train, £23.80 per night B&B, can't be bad, no tour operator involved.

My brother got a great deal in Reberty (next to Les Menuires) two weeks ago out of Bristol, luxury chalet, everything all in (Total ski) £400 including lift pass.
ski holidays
tessaventer, they saw you coming on the train tickets! I got a group of 20 people return tickets from Munich to Kufstein on the train 2 years ago for £77 or thereabouts... They usually have some serious discounts available even starting with just a few people.
snow conditions
carled, thanks for the tip - I haven't actually bought these yet - I thought I'd just turn up!
snow report
Nonono... if you have someone who has a smattering of German, get them to call the German sales centre and ask about group discount tickets!
latest report
carled, a group of 2 ????
snow conditions
Ah well, I did mention that the discounts started with a few people! Look at the websites (www.bahn.de or www.oebb.at) and check out whether they have any discounts available. Sorry!
snow conditions
We usually go to Soll in mid-March, and it frequently snows whilst we're there so we never worry about the fact it's low etc. Occasionally it gets slushy, occasionally it gets icy, but significantly more so than when we’ve been away in January or February. Easy and cheap to get to as well.
ski holidays
We were in Valmorel the last week of March last year - conditions were excellent, just a bit of slush towards the end of the day but hadly any ice at all. Iglu have Chalet Beaudin for £249 from Bristol for that week.

I know it's a chalet and it's a purpose built resort but at that price ......
snow conditions
thanks all... lunchtime has just started so off searching I go!
ski holidays
mountain mad, Try these : http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/WebSki/Homepage/HomeSki.aspx?area=ski

We got our holiday to Zel am See 18th March for £299 each the full package snowHead
snow conditions
Beverley, I''ll look for the lady on the slopes in the fur coat with her jewellery rattling then Wink
latest report
Beverley , I went to Lech in March about 4 years ago; a few poseurs but it made for good people watching! Not so many fur coats around, good apres atmostphere in the town, lots of live music and 'tea dancing' outside the hotels.

You'll enjoy it, especially the ski route back to Lech from Zurs. Thought I caught a glimpse of Princess Caroline who goes there...
Have fun! 'snowHead'
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy