Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Norovirus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Avoid confined spaces with a high footfall - planes, gondolas, cable cars and hotels.
Avoid climates where people get.runny noses.
Avoid Northern Italy.or.countries bordering it.

I think that stuffs most.skiing holidays.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to love it when a child would come back from school and say “ ******* threw up all over the desk today”. You just knew what you were in for
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have re-watched some of the dvds which had germ warfare as a theme. 28 days later, 28 weeks later... were both a bit extreme and the virus was nothing like what we face.

The omega man was a long time favourite of mine, but again the virus was extreme.

Contagion is very similar, with a virus which has a slightly higher kill rate and a similar rate of spread. It is very technical and detailed, (sometimes tediously boring), but in the current climate it provides an insight into a possible future.

In Contagion the virus starts in Hong Kong, and spreads around the world. The world goes into lockdown. People eventually start disobeying rules, and there are outbreaks of rioting and crime. Worth a watch.

It is going to be shown on ITV2 on 26 March at 9pm.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/23/itv-air-contagion-amid-coronavirus-panic-isnt-going-end-well-12444344/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The program last night on TV about historic pandemics made me do some research on the Spanish flu 1918-1920. Astonishing numbers of people killed by the Spanish flu, a form of H1N1 virus similar to swine flu. It killed between 17 million to 50 million people worldwide and infected about 500 million. The kill rate was very high, and unusually killed those young adults normally immune.

They reckon on wikipedia that many of the deaths were caused by poor hygeine during care, bad nutition generally, and secondary bacterial infections in hospital!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

The deaths came in three pandemic waves, spread over the two year period before herd immunity was achieved. Probably the greatest threat to humanity that has ever existed.

Theories of aspirin poisining causing many of the deaths abound in the wikipedia article.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53410931

It is fascinating watching the revelations on how to avoid viruses in the press. It is not news to me, as living in a van cooking your own food skiing in multiple resorts you get to know pretty quickly how to avoid the places where viruses are rife.

Post pandemic, there may be a change to business models of hotels, and places where large groups of people group together in unhygienic conditions. Not least of which is crowded sweaty discotheques and bars. Outdoor apres ski, sitting on the slope listening to loud music may become the norm with a box of pringles and a hip flask of schnapps. (or pastis)

I was very wary of supermarket shopping as the main source of infection, although I did do it a lot just to observe how people interact and what they touch. It is fairly boring living in a van, and when not skiing often the place to find cheap dvds and other in van entertainment was in supermarkets.

Communal food is a source of problems, pandemic or not. It is a cheap way to feed lots of people, but it is a way of spreading infections amongst people. Communal kitchens are also a source of virus spread. Communal transport, like ski buses, furniculars, cable cars.

Granted a cold, or flu virus, is not a major issue skiing, it is a dampner on your enjoyment of the skiing. (like miserable weather) I have often found that I caught one there or on the way when going with package ski trips. Never caught one once travelling and living in a van skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy