Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Roast Chicken

Poster: A snowHead
Bon appétit!

Welcome to my brand new knee. ACL rupture and meniscus damage fixed with Patellar tendon graft and arthroscopic mensiscus repair. Done by a Doctor Jacques Vallotton in Lausanne. The right now feels bullet proof after he fixed that one a couple of years back. Fingers crossed I can stick to the rehab and get the legs stronger than ever for Winter 2018/2019. Vibes to those out there with injuries and on the road to recovery...

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, Laughing Laughing Good luck with the rehab!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hurtle, thanks! Might as well get into road bike racing now the legs are shaved 🤣
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought you were offering hints and tips for my next Sunday lunch!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, oh no !! Speedy recovery.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When did you trash it? Before or after Bec des Rosses
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, 5 weeks ago. Have been playing safe since 😉
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Get well soon
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bon appetit NehNeh
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good luck with that, @BobinCH.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BobinCH,
Best of luck and don't let it stop the great photos.
Though I presume that was not a selfie as it looks like a surgical glove in the background.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@T Bar, had to ask the trusty assistant! Enjoyed the full 2 hour show, drilling and nailing included 😳
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fingers crossed and good luck Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good luck fella.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, hope you make a full and speedy recovery!!
ski holidays
Thanks for all the positive vibes. Walking this morning and 65 degree flexion so all good so far! Long way to go...

latest report
ouch, so that is two knees you've broken?
snow conditions
Good luck with the rehab, take it slowly and let it heal.
snow report
davidof wrote:
ouch, so that is two knees you've broken?

Yep. 2nd one skiing. First one is a bit embarrassing to share 😊
snow report
This time it was forcing a turn in the backseat on this couloir. I crossed the tracks of the guy before and my skis accelerated and got out in front of me. Forced the turn and guess I hyperextended and twisted my knee in the turn where I felt a pop. Was still able to ski down but the stability was gone

You can see it here in the final, and slightly wild turn. The snow was trickier than I bargained...

http://youtube.com/v/J1QIO54eses
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/Bt9zSfinwFA

Just say no wink
latest report
@ousekjarr, hahaha sorry video amateur. Looks ok on an iPhone which is all I use
snow report
@BobinCH, I was gob smacked you were even able to ski with a brace so soon afterwards - but then there are different grades of rupture tear etc

I know when I did mine no way could I even walk without the aid of crutches for the first week or two and I have a mate just down from me who is still hobbling around badly three weeks in.

Did you have patella graft on the other knee as well?

It's meant to be a lot less intrusive as it were compared to the hamstring graft and I suppose they can clean up any messy cartilage at the same time Toofy Grin

Get out on that bike soon!
snow report
Are the square plasters on your thigh from the op, or from damage caused by a knee brace or something afterwards? I can understand the one directly above the knee, but the higher one seems a long way from the op site
snow report
ousekjarr wrote:
Are the square plasters on your thigh from the op, or from damage caused by a knee brace or something afterwards? I can understand the one directly above the knee, but the higher one seems a long way from the op site

Good question. He did explain to me why he went in from much higher on that one but I can’t remember the answer. Was it the camera maybe?

@Weathercam he confirmed during the op that it was a complete rupture (from the Fibula I think). It was sore and swollen for a few days but I RICE’d it and felt good enough to ski with the kids the next weekend. The weekend after better still. His explanation for still being able to ski was muscle strength and decent technique. He used the patellar as the other one (semi-tendonous?) was sacrificed during an op to remove a tumour in December and he didn’t want to go back into that area. The incision is much longer as they had to get the patellar tendon out - it looked like a pretty hefty piece of tendon.

Last time for the right knee he used the hamstring tendon. That one feels very solid now when skiing/boot packing - just aches a bit if left hanging from a chairlift.
ski holidays
That'll be those wide skis putting extra pressure on your knees, would have been better on a sub 90mm all mountain ski........

..............sorry................ Embarassed couldnt' resist Smile All the best for the rehab.

I remember that "auto bending" knee machine thingy when I did my femur!
snow report
kitenski wrote:
That'll be those wide skis putting extra pressure on your knees, would have been better on a sub 90mm all mountain ski.......

See the BASI firmware upgrade hasn't tanked yet wink
snow report
kitenski wrote:
That'll be those wide skis putting extra pressure on your knees, would have been better on a sub 90mm all mountain ski........

..............sorry................ Embarassed couldnt' resist Smile All the best for the rehab.

I remember that "auto bending" knee machine thingy when I did my femur!

Hahaha yes was waiting for that! And no doubt the wrong brand of bindings and wrong choice of resort 🤣
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As fellow Verbier resident, Ed Leigh, said to me, never try and follow an FWT rider down a couloir...

http://youtube.com/v/rPtn_2sQ8DY
snow conditions
Double shocker... while in the hospital got an MRI on my shoulder which has been troubling me since a snowboard fall a couple of months back. Turns out that’s broken too and tendon ruptured which needs another op. There goes the biking season 🤬
snow report
@BobinCH, Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
@BobinCH, jeeesss you must have a high pain threshold.

Presume that's a pinning operation which three mates have gone through and it's a tough one.

Not too sure what you can do, maybe buy a Wattbike or use a turbo (though I'm sure you would go for a Watt bike if you have not already got one Toofy Grin ) and just sit on it racing on Zwift ?
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
@BobinCH, jeeesss you must have a high pain threshold.

Presume that's a pinning operation which three mates have gone through and it's a tough one.

Not too sure what you can do, maybe buy a Wattbike or use a turbo (though I'm sure you would go for a Watt bike if you have not already got one Toofy Grin ) and just sit on it racing on Zwift ?

He could go for a ride outside as he lives in Switzerland.
snow report
@BobinCH, My sympathies ended when you ruptured your ACL, but still stayed in control wink
Any idea when the shoulder op will happen?
snow conditions
@davidof, when you have the shoulder op that I think he might be having then you can't ride a bike outside for a while.

Hence his comment "there goes the biking season"
latest report
@Frosty the Snowman, apparently have to wait 6 weeks for the bone/edema to settle down and then they can reattach the tendon. And then it’s 6 weeks in a sling, followed by another 6 weeks of physio before being able to get into proper strengthening. Timing seems to correspond with the knee which is something although unless someone’s got a bike that can be ridden with a right leg and left arm it looks like a Summer of tiddlywinks 😬
snow report
@BobinCH, Oh dear, that made me laugh out loud. Not so funny for you, though. Sad
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
He used the patellar as the other one (semi-tendonous?) was sacrificed during an op to remove a tumour in December

What? Shocked Shocked

I really hope there's nothing serious there...

Sorry to hear about the ACL and the shoulder...all the best for the recovery man, at least you know you can come out on the other side fully functional and ripping the steeps...
ski holidays
Wow now this is impressive

http://youtube.com/v/UPY0ZUa25Dk

@horizon, was a bit of a scare! Hopefully all in the past now. And yes super motivated for next season after this cracker!!!
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
@davidof, when you have the shoulder op that I think he might be having then you can't ride a bike outside for a while.

Hence his comment "there goes the biking season"

Still inflicting hours of Zwift on a Turbo is probably against his human rights.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy