Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
POWDER Weekend

https://wepowder.com/en/st-anton-am-arlberg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:
It happened just of the Stallmähder Fang (Blue Piste) crashed into a Tree .

https://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/15580130/47-jaehriger-starb-bei-skiunfall-in-st-anton-am-arlberg

Sad news.

At a guess, maybe in that section of 31 that enters the forest on the skier’s left of Fang. Regardless, that section can be diabolical at times. Intermediates use it to bypass Fang, thinking it will be easier, but it is often glazed ice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29 wrote:
Fatal accident yesterday 14.00 on piste, 47 year old German skier killed when he hit a tree on a blue piste on Fang area:-

Zu einem Skiunfall mit tödlichem Ausgang kam es am Donnerstag gegen 14 Uhr im Skigebiet von St. Anton am Arlberg.

Laut Polizei fuhr ein 47-jähriger Deutscher mit seinen Skiern auf der blauen Piste Nr. 31 talwärts und stürzte auf einer leichten Linkskurve aus derzeit nicht geklärter Ursache über den talseitigen Pistenrand hinaus. Er prallte gegen einen Baum und zog sich tödliche Verletzungen zu. Die Erhebungen zum Unfallhergang laufen noch. Bisher ist noch nicht bekannt, ob es Zeugen des Unfalls gibt. (TT.com)

It does seem a bit strange, given the mild weather sheet ice would be unlikely mid afternoon even in an area shaded by trees. I suppose it shows that blue pistes are not necessarily easier places to ski than black ones (that piste is now shown as closed but Fang is still open). I guess you dont have to be going very fast to sustain serious injuries if you crash into a large solid object like a tree.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most Tree Fatalities are very hard body (not head) impacts causing instant non reversal internal injurys ....

This also applies on with fatal human Piste collisions....
Heads(Helmets) are rarely involved ..

Its the main upper body ,hips legs etc followed by shock trauma..death
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Trees are pretty much the hardest living organisms on Earth.

Trees kill car drivers at >30mph and skiers >10mph.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
LastDay Of Lift Service ..What a amazing Season .. Fresh POW on the Hill this morning..

https://nl.bergfex.com/stuben/webcams/c13394/

https://nl.bergfex.com/lech-zuers-arlberg/webcams/c3482/

For those who do not know around the Valley on Tuesday

US Rock legend Lenny Kravitz ends this year’s winter season at the “Top of the Mountain Closing Concert” in Ischgl on April 30, 2019
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Closing day was pretty great today! Slopes were EMPTY, probably less than 20 people on the whole St Anton side of the hill. Around 20cms of fresh snow at mid mountain, no competition fresh turns at the sides of the piste, lovely slush/firn lower down, some funky chopped up bumpy 'training' crud on Kandahar. Left around 2pm, at which point it was snowing to the base. If only the Arlberg could be like that/that empty all the time!

Still 358cm base at the top and a good 2m at mid mountain, so touring should be good for a long while.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clarky999, I had a look at the cameras earlier, it seemed very odd, powder on the pistes and no one there. It was a shame I couldnt be there Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@clarky999, A bit annoying that it's shut now Sad I was asleep till 11.30am after yesterday's drive, so wouldn't have been much use today, but I could've gone tomorrow. Ischgl still open though?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarlet, Ischgl open 'til the 1st I believe

@munich_irish, yeah, I guess the bad vis put a lot of people off - probably thought you'd have to go too high to see to get good snow

One photo from today:

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok Folks ....

Thats it

Bulldozers start tomorrow
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
IN case you missed it...Video from Last Day of the Season

https://www.facebook.com/Stanton.Arlberg/videos/2321981261419745/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never Ending Season.. Winter is just getting going, POW end of this week !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, who cares....it’s over (as you well know) wink ....or post a photo from your touring days maybe?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The moutains boys have certainly made it easier to hike up this weekend..clearing the cat tracks up Very Happy

Much deeper snopak than many previous seasons ..they have the Big Dozers out
snow conditions
It was fantastic 5th May
Virgin POW morning Galzig to Town
latest report
Bizarrely it is due to snow this weekend, perhaps even down to village level on Sunday, this time last year there was a heatwave. Its not just the high Alpine either, was in Tegernsee yesterday and there was still lots of snow on the local hills. At this rate there will be lying snow well into July, snow shoes could be very useful on the walk between the Stuttgarter and Ulmer huts.
snow report
Another late season storm this weekend +30cms expected at elevation ..Snow down to town...
ski holidays
Endless Winter....

Another night of snow......down to the valley this morning...

Im not sure if this years Snopak will all melt...

Construction Schindler Gondola will need to be completed in record speed .
snow report
In Lech all valley runs would still be skiable...
And municipality has announced they'll keep on grooming the nordic tracks from village into the Zugertal....
latest report
Amazing winter... And spring...
Will return next January, but now I feel compelled to start touring for next season.
Any practical local advices re: guides/beginners groups?
snow report
@Langerzug, wow.....Wücher heli up Mehlsack?!
snow report
Hey Folks it is May 16th !!

snow report
@stanton, I saw that earlier, somewhat strange. It snowed very briefly here just to the east of Munich on Tuesday evening. At first I thought it was hailstones but it was actually wet snow. Mountain snow into May is not unusual but the amount of lying snow is, I suspect there will be much more snow remaining through the summer than is "normal".
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy