Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
...what about arrogant cloggies? Oh wait, they are driving taxis somewhere, pretending they ski here. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ulmerhutte, whingin poms to this day...

Ski down valley you wont hear any!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vaguely amusing but also pretty interesting people watching last night after we got back to our room after an early meal/ beer in town. Our room overlooks the square near Galzigbahn where the masses descent after apres and taxis scrape them off the floor.

9-9.30om still piling down legless, many unable to stand and skis/ boards/ poles everywhere. Falling in front of taxis, good job most had helmets on. They got good use from them. Majority German speaking/ shouting and also Dutch, but English/ Irish too.

No security which is a concern but it’s a problem the town has brought on itself with the likes of MW and KK throwing shots down their customers. Not particularly pleasant but they’ll have had a good night I guess....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was talking to a taxi driver who claimed he had enough after many years and was quiting at the end of the season. He said that the days were fine, but after 4pm-ish there were too many obnoxious drunks. It was just too unpleasant, despite it being peak money-making time.

Warmer this morning, around -2C at mid-mountain.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29 wrote:
Vaguely amusing but also pretty interesting people watching last night after we got back to our room after an early meal/ beer in town. Our room overlooks the square near Galzigbahn where the masses descent after apres and taxis scrape them off the floor.

9-9.30om still piling down legless, many unable to stand and skis/ boards/ poles everywhere. Falling in front of taxis, good job most had helmets on. They got good use from them. Majority German speaking/ shouting and also Dutch, but English/ Irish too.

No security which is a concern but it’s a problem the town has brought on itself with the likes of MW and KK throwing shots down their customers. Not particularly pleasant but they’ll have had a good night I guess....

Luckily (I think) I saw sense when I booked our family trip this year ... booked a lovely hotel in St Jacob ... shuttle to the Nassereinbahn or Galzigbahn every morning and afternoon and ski lockers at the base.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@nozawaonsen and @steviedsolve@hotmail.com,

Thanks for your tips. Much appreciated.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Remaining Wintry cold this week with some Dandruff now and again….
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Av today in Lech, be careful folks

https://newsbeezer.com/austriaeng/21-year-old-in-lech-carried-away-by-avalanche-and-spilled/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to be Clear..

Avalaches/Slides can happen at anytime Level Warning 1-5 ..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.nachrichten.at/nachrichten/chronik/21-jaehriger-in-lech-von-lawine-verschuettet;art58,3096261
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
Biggest Party of the Season today at KK

Australia Day....

Back in the 80' 90' there was a very strict policy not to allow any whingin poms into the house.....

Shame they did not continue that Very Happy

It was a crap pub then and it's a crap pub now, they're welcome to it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sah, +1
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maybe 10cm of new snow at village level and still snowing steadily. Colder than yesterday, limited visibility, and more wind, so whilst the skiing should be good, the conditions might be character-building.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sah, @Markymark29,

Best value for money & quality food on the mountain ....except Liff Company Restaurants...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Splendid skiing this morning on reasonably cold and dry powder.
snow report
Would anyone reccomend the early morning run up Langer zug?

https://www.skiarlberg.at/en/regions/ski-area/lech-oberlech-zuers/wintertainment/fruehstart-langer-zug

Not sure I want champagne though. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Folks..

Make the most of Griabl sunny Terrace as it will be gone next season
latest report
stanton wrote:
@sah, @Markymark29,

Best value for money & quality food on the mountain ....except Liff Company Restaurants...

The KK??? You've got to be kidding, unless they got a new chef and halved their prices since 2 years ago. The food in the self services places is better than the KK. Griabli and Roddelhütte are way better. Even the Moos is better!

They do have very impressive toilets though, I'll give you that.
latest report
stanton wrote:
Folks..

Make the most of Griabl sunny Terrace as it will be gone next season

Sad

What's happening, are they extending the building? It's a great place to watch the idiots in the Moos trying to ski down at the end of the day.
snow report
More about yesterdays avalanche in Lech

Very lucky young Swiss guy.

https://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2961148/

https://www.blick.ch/news/ausland/rettungsaktion-in-lech-oe-schweizer-21-von-lawine-verschuettet-id15139523.html
ski holidays
thecramps wrote:

https://www.skiarlberg.at/en/regions/ski-area/lech-oberlech-zuers/wintertainment/fruehstart-langer-zug

You should try it the other way..

https://www.ruefi900.at/

http://youtube.com/v/WQsLxkpUG5s
latest report
sah wrote:
stanton wrote:
@sah, @Markymark29,

The KK??? You've got to be kidding, unless they got a new chef and halved their prices since 2 years ago. The food in the self services places is better than the KK. Griabli and Roddelhütte are way better. Even the Moos is better!

TBF food there USED to be very good - I haven't been since 09 though so might have changed! Never really liked the music of vibes though; Taps was much better.
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/BOKjRSmZz4I
snow report
@clarky999, KK best on the mountain by far ...it has change since Mario took over & at least its fresh !!

Taps died when they rebuilt the joint
snow report
sah wrote:
stanton wrote:
@sah, @Markymark29,

Have to say I prefer the food at KK to Griabli, not exactly been blown away by the food there when I've been. Rodelalm/Rodelstall are both great.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
thecramps wrote:

You should try it the other way..

https://www.ruefi900.at/

http://youtube.com/v/WQsLxkpUG5s

I think that would actually kill me. Maybe that was your plan Laughing
Those guys are seriously fit though.
snow conditions
A fair amount of snow fell today. Close to total White-out near Ulmer Hütte. More people inside, drinking and relaxing, than on piste.

Tomorrow should provide excellent conditions!
ski holidays
@monkbeer, yup, true enough.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@monkbeer, Arriving Thursday with a buddy from the States who has never been. Can't wait.
ski holidays
Saturday for us. Can't wait until Sunday. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@ArlbergMeister this is my first trip here too. I got here last Thursday. Near perfect conditions. There is more than enough snow. Not too crowded yet. It took me a few days to get over the jetlag. But I found there are plenty of places on piste to stop, have a beer and wonder at the awesome mountains.
snow report
Looks like rain forecasted below 1,800 meters on Friday due to a strong fohn wind. What are the chances of that changing? Remotely possible?
latest report
As always you can take your choice of weather forecast but it does seem very likely that there will be a southerly Föhn blowing on Friday. How much precipitation there will be and at what level it will turn to rain is a guess. Someone may contradict me but in my experience a southerly wind means less cloud hanging around over Galzig / Ulmer Hütte area though the winds can be strong enough to cause closures of the higher lifts. It is also usually reasonably dry as the weather will have passed over a lot of mountains before it gets to St Anton, hence the Föhn (heavy snow is normally associated with a northerly or north westerly air flow).

The Föhn is likely to bring with it increased avalanche risk, warm air, wind slabs etc
ski holidays
@munich_irish, many thanks and good to know. Would much rather be skiing in sunny warm weather than rain on day 1 of our short trip. Here's hoping...
ski holidays
@ArlbergMeister, Saturday seems likely to be good weather maybe some fresh snow if you are lucky. I know it is annoying when trips are hit by bad weather, my last few trips have seemed to coincide with crap weather, then look at the webcams three days later to see blue skies and perfect snow.......
latest report
@munich_irish, Yes, I've had the same thing happen. I was in Zurs for four days during the last big dump about two weeks ago, so can 't complain. Just want my friend to get the proper Arlberg experience! Though it sounds like Saturday will be a great day.
snow report
Sarurday is the best day of week to Get on the hill.
It change over day so less folks about..except day trippers from Germany..etc
snow conditions
You are living on past news, @stanton. The day-trippers just about make up for the change-over. Saturday is no longer that much quieter.
snow conditions
munich_irish wrote:
mcg wrote:
Langerzug wrote:
The new Schindlergratbahn is going to be a gondola, with a mid-station on top of Schindlergrat, and a new ‘top’ station near the valluga tow lift.
You will have to choose your exit when getting on the lift (similar to Trittkopf/Flexen)

Would it not make more sense to put the bergstation for this at the valuga top station to reduce the ridiculous waits for the cable car.

Not sure that's true. I suspect a lot of people in the queue for the lift really dont need to be there. The only piste is a pleasant enough short red usually with very good snow which ends up at the Valluga drag. Only piste option from the top of the drag is the one down to the Ulmer Hütte which can be reached more easily using the Schindler chair rather than a long wait for the cable car. The only real reasons to queue for the cable car are sightseeing at the top, various off piste options or to easily get to the start of the Mattunjoch ski route.

Not really, There is plenty of nice snow on the valuga run after a good dusting. Always pleasant to ski there.
ski holidays
ulmerhutte wrote:
You are living on past news, @stanton. The day-trippers just about make up for the change-over. Saturday is no longer that much quieter.

I ski every Saturday ...thw difference us The German dayt rippers no what there doing disperse and get straight into the freeride areas ....

Holidayers crowd the slopes at an idle stop & start pace
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy