Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl accommodations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Recommendations please. Location in town very near the main lifts. Half board. 4 star. On the quiet end of the spectrum. Tyrolian atmosphere. Family run. Aiming at March 2019. Less then full week stay, 4 Ski days. Package with lift ticket preferred.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 11-10-21 22:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Goldener Adler. Small family run hotel close to the tunnel to Fimbabahn. Good food, excelent spa area, easy access to rest of the town, ski rental 20 metres, I've Stayed therr about 5 or six times over the years, never disappoints.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are lots of them. Elizabeth, Fliana, Monte Bianco, Madlein, Piz Buin, Solaria are all near the Pardatschgratbahn. Plenty by the Silvrettabahn as well although its a bit busier that side of town. There's not much directly by the Fimbabahn but its only a stones throw from the Pardatschgratbahn and there are plenty the other side of the Dorftunnel such as the Post and the Goldener Adler. The Jagerhof is half way through the tunnel in a very quiet spot near the church. Your main problem may be getting somewhere for less than a week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all for the info. Yes, shorter stay may be an issue. Coming from the US and spending a week in the Dolomites, but wanted to add a few days in Austria if possible. I was liking the looks of the Goldener Adler on line, thanks for the confirmation.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been thinking about this a little more and I really think the Jagerhof would suit your needs. Its in a quiet spot but with a great little bar called the Kiwi aa very short walk away and it would be difficult to get anything more Tyrolean. The Goldener Adler looks fine but is on the main street and is a bit further from a lift.

http://www.jaegerhof-ischgl.at/en/the-jaegerhof/welcome/index.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure I'd put the Kiwi bar down as a good point about the Jager', or call it a great little bar - always a but up its self in out experience.

The Jager' is in a really good location though. You can ski back to within 100m of the hotel and in the morning it's just out the front door, take the lift directly opposite down to the Dorftunnel, then the moving walkway, left that drops you right outside the Fimbabhan bottom station.

The main negative with the Jager', or any other hotel around the church is the morning bells but very much first world problems. On the other hand they do do some very nice bar snacks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Corky wrote:
Been thinking about this a little more and I really think the Jagerhof would suit your needs. Its in a quiet spot but with a great little bar called the Kiwi aa very short walk away and it would be difficult to get anything more Tyrolean. The Goldener Adler looks fine but is on the main street and is a bit further from a lift.

http://www.jaegerhof-ischgl.at/en/the-jaegerhof/welcome/index.html

I always thought the Golden Adler position was excellent, not right in the middle of the village, but just a short walk to access everything. Use the Dorftunnel (Next to Zanglsport) with the moving walkway to and from Fimbabahn, it is about two minutes from the hotel entrance. Jeagerhof is close to the minway point of the tunnel.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Off topic but has ANYONE ever been to the chair lift museum at the west end of the tunnel...?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy