Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 nights next weekend or the weekend after, Les Gets or La Clusaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, am I pushing my luck going low next weekend? I'd love one more go at skiing before the season is out and can only spare 2 days off work so short transfers are important. I'd like to visit Les Gets and La Clusaz and thought this might be a good opportunity for a taster. We are intermediate skiers and like to explore on piste but don't need anything to challenging for 3 days, just convenience. Any tips on these two destinations? Any weather advice (I think it might be warming up)? It's not going to be cheap as I can't be arsed with car hire as an early start would mean I won't be on top form for driving. Getting there quickly is important, as is eas acess to the lifts. I have a couple of optons from tour ops but would love some input, thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think shared transfers easier to les Gets
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, even on a Thursday morning?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking 10 days ahead for weather is not much better than astrology but it is, as you say, warming up. As next week looks unsettled I would bit the bullet and travel a little further to get higher where there is more likely to be snow rather than the rain that is currently forecast for these resorts. Avoriaz perhaps?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, I've done VT twice this year and Val d'isere at Xmas so looking for something different with short transfers, and b+b or half board too. The other half isnt such a keen skier so have to bribe him with nice village options Smile . Avoriaz hotels seem rare and don't seem to be on offer with the short break people. I know it might rain in resort but if I can get up higher to find snow I'll be happy. It might even be sunny and warm!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dubmuffin, Chamonix? Not the typical choice for intermediates and not the most convenient but plenty of accommodation options and height in case it gets warm... Stay Argentiere for the skiing choice between there and Le Tour/Vallorcine? Decent size town to explore for the non skier. And amazing views, especially from the the Brevent side
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Avoriaz would be better than les Gets this late.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Clusaz. Lots of north facing slopes and a lovely village.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for Chamonix. We are going a week on Friday for a long weekend with the 8 year old! Decided as the snow's been so good to ditch our normal Easter trip to Devon and have another ski holiday! It's the last week of the season so from Saturday 7th the local lift passes are only 40 euros a day. We booked 4 nights SC accommodation with P&V for £240 and transfers were £120 for the three of us. Ski hire booked via Alpinresorts - £90 for the three of us. Looking forwards to doing something a bit different to our usual ski in ski out in the Paradiski.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Verbier is another option from Geneva
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chamcham wrote:
Verbier is another option from Geneva

Short transfer wanted . 2 to 3 hours to Verbier plus the tolls.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the replies, I wasn't getting an email notification so only just dropped back in

@BobinCH, I think I am going to save Chamonix until I am a better skier, and have more time to get the hang of it - convenience is important on a very short trip and I feel I haven't done enough R&D on the resort to work out where to stay, however...

@MelH, Your weekend trip does look good, Devon will be wet and cold - good choice:) I was quoted £950 each to La Clusaz going Thursday coming back Sunday, B&B, so more than a week in Val D at Xmas when you add in evening meals! The Geneva flights don't seem that cheap now, especially as we were coming back on the Sunday 8th. Your transfer and ski hire prices look good too - I was surprised to see the tour op selling ski only hire at £90 each for three days! Chamonix does look like the go to resort for short break/short transfers late in the season. I do prefer a B&B or Hotel though, just because I like breakfast to be ready when I am, and someone else to clear up after me whilst I get ready to ski!

We can't do next weekend now, so would be looking at 14th, which is getting pretty late in the season, or I can piggy back on to my brother's Val Thorens (again) trip on 1st May (*packs bikini and shorts) and save La Clusaz / PDS for another year.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dubmuffin, a week later doesn’t make that much difference. Still reasonably sure PdS has more and easier shared transfers.

You don’t need to be a good skier to ski Cham.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy