Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Drive Down - chit chat

Poster: A snowHead
@sparklies, I wish we could get them in the UK. We bought them for our girls when we went to L2A one Easter looked for them in UK ever since
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Totally clear right into VT. No chains needed even in town. Front wheel drive passat estate.... Gr8 trip. Hope everyone gets such an effortless run...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kagallag wrote:
Totally clear right into VT. No chains needed even in town. Front wheel drive passat estate.... Gr8 trip. Hope everyone gets such an effortless run...

That’s good to hear!
We are near Reims now so arriving tonight l. We are staying down at Orelle at 800m just over the valley- do you think we need to stop off somewhere to buy cabins? Posts I’ve read on here seem to rarely needed there
All a bit last minute as 2nd trip this year, usually fly!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Clear to Arc1950 despite fresh snow in the night. A bit of light slush but with a 4x4 it was fine. Gorgeous drive up under clear blue skies and light snow dusting the trees - spectacular!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beautiful up in Courchevel 1550. Roads completely clear.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone! X
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Blizzard outside now. Children complaining. Last year in Les Arcs we had a freaky week of sunshine (payback for the week of no sunshine in Tignes the previous year!) so they've come to expect it and are refusing to go out. Bribes needed.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ, @tomj, Thanks for those recommendations- will get them downloaded for the way home! 👍🏻
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arrived Vallandry around 12 - record time unpack and a quick ski this afternoon. Lovely snow

Drinking heavily now Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Boris, Very Happy Good on yer
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Boris, Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Boris, Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Only about an hour delay at the tunnel in the end. Road up to Flaine was clear - but it's been snowing lightly since we arrived and conditions look great.

Worst part so far was the huge queue in the ski rental shop for the kids skis!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We arrived at the Eurotunnel at 10pm and drove straight on. Long day driving today but safely in Orelle now. Roads clear here but it’s low and apparently it’s snowing up in Val Thorens. Yey !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just woken up in La Clusaz and there's 4" sat onto of the car, all roads on our campsite are the same but I'm sure local roads are clear but we're low at 980 in the village.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We’re up at Chinaillon- about 20 minutes from you @Dan, at 1300m and the road is slushy but quite drivable. About to stir the family and get breakfasted before heading out. Goggles will be required- Weather forecast says it’ll improve during the day.
snow report
@MazDave, enjoy, the snow stopped at about 12 but roads all clear. I can't believe the forecast is for 10 degrees tomorrow Shocked
latest report
Dan wrote:
Just woken up in La Clusaz and there's 4" sat onto of the car, all roads on our campsite are the same but I'm sure local roads are clear but we're low at 980 in the village.

Wow, Dan. Are you camping ??
latest report
Wow what a day, out on first lift, fresh tracks on several runs. Lunch then playing in the trees - one of the boys said best day ever Cool

Back in apartment cooking fajitas and all drinking Aperol Spritz
snow conditions
Absolutely - the snow was brilliant here in Les Arcs too! Our two oldest got their first proper off-piste experiences in their lesson - floating on fresh powder rather than frozen chopped up crud. Everywhere is so powdery, even down to the bottom of the new Pre St Esprit lift (with heated seats!) I really hope this lasts!
snow report
@Snowysarah, not quite camping in the true sense of camping, but in one of the "mobile" home caravans typical of French holiday camp sites. This one is capfun at La Clusaz, it's brilliant, especially with two new snowboarders (6 & 10) as they are shattered after 2 hours of lesson and a bit of play afterwards. It's also quite flexible on dates and cheap 😀
ski holidays
Dan wrote:
@Snowysarah, not quite camping in the true sense of camping, but in one of the "mobile" home caravans typical of French holiday camp sites. This one is capfun at La Clusaz, it's brilliant, especially with two new snowboarders (6 & 10) as they are shattered after 2 hours of lesson and a bit of play afterwards. It's also quite flexible on dates and cheap 😀

Brilliant! We love camping/mobile holidays in the summer so will look it up. Are you warm?
snow conditions
@Boris, Very Happy Glad you're having a great time. Well deserved! Bring some Aperol back for your bar. I love it!
ski holidays
@Snowysarah, yes, it's well insulated and heating in every room 😀
ski holidays
This morning looks amazing in Chinaillon- lots of photographs today I suspect
latest report
Got all the way down to Villaroger this morning, only got a bit slushy below the last lift. It was probably dreadful this afternoon though, it's suddenly got a lot warmer.

Cloudy tomorrow but no snow. Think as well we're heading for thaw/freeze ice rinks on Thursday. Time to really put my beloved Red Star RC Kneissls to the test. I had an absolutely brilliant time with them today. It's not an exaggeration to say they've been a revelation for my ability and enjoyment since I got them towards the end of the EoSB last year. They're the first ski that genuinely feels like an extension of my feet.
ski holidays
Made it down to Dover in 5 hours - inc half hour stop. A record methinks. (via SMS)
ski holidays
We're in the queue for the Tunnel. Traffic on the M25 meant we just missed our 8:50 slot but then an unplanned inspection halted that departure so I don't think we'd have go to France any earlier.

The sun is shining, and we are going skiing!
ski holidays
Hope you have a good run. We are in the office until lunch time tomorrow then sneaking off early. Our flight isn’t until early Saturday morning.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Easy run to F1 Cambrai but food and service in Ibis next door awful (via SMS)
snow conditions
Still haven't heard if our car is repaired yet. I hope it is repaired some time Saturday afternoon so we can drop the hire car off and pick ours up without incurring any extra charges yet still get home in time for work on monday
ski holidays
@johnE, hope all gets sorted out for you speedily, we were in a similar situation to you in feb half term (thankfully truck packed up just as we reached resort, and not on the road), eventually our breakdown provider flew us home on the Saturday, and my truck was repatriated a few weeks later, though it took them most of the week to come to that decision. i had to call them several times each day to try and get any info out of them, certainly took the shine out of an otherwise great holiday!!
snow report
@johnE, Fingers crossed all is sorted for you.
ski holidays
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

At least we now know what is wrong. The fuse box and relays need replacing. We are still talking about picking it up on Saturday. Probably after driving through Friday night in the hire car. I cannot rebook, if necessary, the tunnel till I know what is going on.

In the meantime the weather has improved and there was 15cm of powder this morning to stop us worrying
about pretty trivial m
matters like getting home.

@terrygasson, who are your breakdown insurers?
snow conditions
Now ensconsed in Pralognan. Easy journey but had to use aircon Lyon to Chambery. Car showing 18c but down about 5c now. (via SMS)
snow report
@johnE, my provider is "AXA Europe breakdown", but i have a feeling they used a third party agency to deal with all the flights/taxi/vehicle repatriation, it would make sense for groups of providers to use one dedicated service. that being the case, you would hope they were more on the ball!!!

I know when i had a minor car crash at a few years ago, this was the case with my car insurance provider, and the third party agency organised local repair garage and replacement vehicle.

as you say, all you can do at the moment is enjoy the skiing!!
ski holidays
Yay, the day has finally arrived! Last few work commitments before heading off to Val Cenis Very Happy
ski holidays
The agency used by our breakdown insurer just phoned when I was on the combourcier lift to say the French garage cannot repair the car by tomorrow and they will repatriate us and the car separately.

He seemed shocked to learn I was over 800 km away and will need to drive overnight to return the hire car by tomorrow morning.

At least I have a roof over my head in beautiful surroundings waiting for them to phone back and sort things out.
snow report
@johnE, oh dear, what a hoo-ha. Bad luck. Sad
ski holidays
@johnE, didn't you have a drink at lunchtime.......so you couldn't drive overnight? wink

If it was me, I think I'd be going back to the breakdown insurer (not their agent) and suggesting that getting the hire car back to where it came from is not down to you.
snow report
You know, I am beginning to think they rarely , if ever, even attempt to fix the vehicle. I heard iof someone else in January who had a problem with their car, and the complicated means of getting them back to the UK, plus their dog, was most bizarre. Complicated by the dog but you can't just leave them behind.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy