Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Drive Down - chit chat

Poster: A snowHead
@Noakes, Socks are a good and legal alternative to chains...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Feu Vert Annemasse - very near the motorway https://www.feuvert.fr/centres-auto/annemasse/feu-vert-annemasse-geant/204
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't forget its a Public Holiday in France tomorrow (and Monday) so b all will be open. Outside of the resorts.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boredsurfin, it is not a public holiday in France tomorrow. Only in Alsace.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, doh! mis -read Wikipedia Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great run down today. No traffic and sun all the way. Got into Samoens about 630 pm. Beautiful evening and looking forward to some skiing tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Took us 3.5hrs to get to the Tunnel, traffic on M25 as bad as anticipated. Were booked for the 7:36pm train, checked in at 7:20pm and told we'd be called next. Didn't stop at terminal, no queue at passports or security, time for a quick toilet break in the over height line and we were off. Less delays than we normally experience. Heading for the hotel in Arras. Good luck those following behind.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right - all packed. Done this many times before but as I mentioned previously - this is the first time with the youngest son who has physical and learning disabilities.

We'll be pretty easy to spot around the Grand Massif area - he's going out in a tandem sit ski steered by an instructor - and I'll be struggling to keep up!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@frejul, I'm sure young frejul will have an amazing time!! Good Luck keeping up Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone, @pam that stop a Borge en bresse will be the one and no doubt there’ll be a SuperU close by to have a supermarket sweep before we hit the mountain road.
If any SH are going up middayish and can send a report on the road condition, that would be amazing.

Safe travels everyone & happy skiing..
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@frejul, You will all have an amazing time and if I do see you I’ll be sure to say hello.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Safely ensconced in hotel in Reims now, kids asleep and OH and I having a drop of red to toast the holidays.

Apart from 45 mins delay at Tunnel, everything went smoothly. Eurotunnel blamed that on a technical fault earlier in the day. I would tend to believe them, as in every other respect things seemed more efficient than usual (double staff on passport control, etc) almost as if they were properly geared up for the holiday traffic. Hopefully this bodes well for those crossing tomorrow.

We'll be having a leisurely start, probably getting in sight of the mountains about mid-afternoon. I'll try to update on traffic, etc for those travelling later.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
frejul wrote:
Right - all packed. Done this many times before but as I mentioned previously - this is the first time with the youngest son who has physical and learning disabilities.

We'll be pretty easy to spot around the Grand Massif area - he's going out in a tandem sit ski steered by an instructor - and I'll be struggling to keep up!

How old approx is young frejul, so we can keep an eye out for you and maybe stop and say hello, if that would suit?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had a hassle free drive from holyhead (driving from IRL). All chuffed to be at chunnel on time... Now bloody delays... Feck knows what time we will get to hotel in Bethunes... Driving from Bethunes to six les brains tomorrow... Then up to VT early sat morning. A grumpy wait in chunnel carpal now however...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tunnel not too bad in end up. An axtra hour wait only. In hotel at Bethunes at 0245hrs.
latest report
Been told that port of Dover is currently having 2 hour delays at check in. So leaving now for 8.30 boat. Only live 20 mins away from port.
snow report
Seems you're all doing ok. Hope it continues.
(Meantime here in Lounge at Terminal 3 - apart from taxi hiccup (no-show, panic, got replacement), easiest Departure (so far) ever: T3 very quiet, no queue at Security, remembered Clayva at Duty Free, and now in lounge with Bacon Butty).
Bon voyage all you Drivers.
snow report
Arrived tunnel 05:30, bumped from 07.06 to 6.36. Terminal getting busier by the minute... Safe travels, all.
snow report
A beautiful clear morning in the Tarantaise Valley.

Hopefully it will continue all day so there will be no need for chains !

Enjoy your drives.
snow conditions
Arrived at port 5am, 15 min to check in. Put into earlier 7.25 ferry. Port is beginning to get busier.
ski holidays
Tunnel not too bad but we had flexiplus, was looking busy on the other lanes
Got to the first barrier at 06.20 and are currently sat on a train at 7.10 waiting for it to leave
ski holidays
Hope you all have smooth safe journeys!
ski holidays
Just arrived at tunnel at 7.45am, currently sat in the flexiplus queue which is slower that the rest at the moment.
The Flexiplus has the biggest queue, still ok though, the others are short. Doesn’t look too busy to me as yet.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 30-03-18 7:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Arrived at 6.35 for 7.20 train. 30mins delay. Currently sitting on 07.51 train just departing. Eurotunnel terminal busy but not really too bad considering the day.
latest report
Yep just arrived for 9:36 train. Busy but flowing- as good as you can hope for really
snow conditions
Delays over 30 mins now
Due on 936 but boards say 1022
ski holidays
@Roger C, ditto - and I think they're being optimistic Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I was wrong - now 9:50
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Noticeably fewer cars in over height lanes - may work in our favour
ski holidays
Heading down the a26 after an easy crossing in the 6.20am tunnel. Bit of traffic around- lorries and British cars mostly. Have a safe trip everyone! X
latest report
Spoke to soon - been retimed again!!!!!

Lesson learnt - stick to early hours crossing before the delays build up
snow report
Crying or Very sad @Boris,
ski holidays
@NickyJ, we're in the system at least!

Now reports hour delay
ski holidays
The problem is that one tunnel is out of action. We have just been retimed to 11:06
latest report
We should start releasing these live Tunnel updates to the wider audience.....

We snowHead s know there’s a delay but the Eurotunnel website still carries on ignoring reality - apparently “fluid service and on time”!
latest report
breeze11 wrote:
Heading down the a26 after an easy crossing in the 6.20am tunnel. Bit of traffic around- lorries and British cars mostly. Have a safe trip everyone! X

Morning
We were early so got on the 6.06
Never seen tunnel that busy!
All have a fabulous week
snow report
Got to the tunnel much later than planned at 8.30, due to everything taking too long to find to pack and going to bed at 2am. Up at 5am, and stuff didn't fit in the car properly so after lots of cursing (husband) we left at 7am.

We had Flexi but it took 45 minutes to get past the very long Flexi queue with people pushing in. After that though, we drove straight onto the next train with no time to stop for the lounge. I The train was full so we went to the front of the next one. Guess we left at 9.30am.

Under the Channel now, love that there's Internet access here!
snow conditions
@sparklies, glad you are underway, hope you guys have a great time, look forward to meeting you a week tomorrow Happy
ski holidays
@sparklies, Lounge was manic and not as good as in previous years, all self service, not as much choice and no baguettes. You didn’t miss much
latest report
I think the Tunnel have now given up all pretence of a timetable/organisation/system

Now aboard - 1 hr delay so could be worse - 3rd car of our letter but according to the boards we all left 50 mins ago!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy