Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz - Equestrian - Horse stabling moved?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a little dispute to resolve regarding the stable block in Avoriaz - for the horses that pull the sleighs.

From my vague recollection per my visit last year, it seemed that the stable block was where it always was, near the car park (under the top end of the chair that ascends from SuperMorzine at the end of the Proclou run).

Someone else is now telling me that it had to be completely relocated due to the construction of the new luxury Amara apartments, etc. They say they saw a video documenting the relocation process.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter of whether the stable block has been relocated?

Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Amara is nowhere near the stables https://www.altibus.com/documents/stations/56/plan_station.pdf . It is where the old shed and marshalling yard for the rat-track luggage-luges etc. used to be, where the coaches would unload for passengers and luggage to be transferred to rat-tracks or traneaux (horse-drawn sleighs). All that has moved slightly further out of town.

I once stashed my backpack containing all the cash I'd collected for life-passes, ski-hire and ski-school on the way up in a full 52-seater in that shed, whilst helping hump luggage. Forgot all about it, delivered my guests to all the various blocks around Avoriaz, and then thought oh-****Skullie! Ran back up there at 1am, no sign Shocked . No one around to ask, found it skip-diving round the back of the shed about an hour later, contents intact! Blush Laughing. Still gives me the willies, I wonder what Bladon Lines would have done... Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shep wrote:
Amara is nowhere near the stables ("ecuries" on this map) https://www.altibus.com/documents/stations/56/plan_station.pdf . It is where the old shed and marshalling yard for the rat-track luggage-luges etc. used to be, where the coaches would unload for passengers and luggage to be transferred to rat-tracks or traneaux (horse-drawn sleighs). All that has moved slightly further out of town.

I once stashed my backpack containing all the cash I'd collected for life-passes, ski-hire and ski-school on the way up in a full 52-seater in that shed, whilst helping hump luggage. Forgot all about it, delivered my guests to all the various blocks around Avoriaz, and then thought oh-****Skullie! Ran back up there at 1am, no sign Shocked . No one around to ask, found it skip-diving round the back of the shed about an hour later, contents intact! Blush Laughing. Still gives me the willies, I wonder what Bladon Lines would have done... Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shep, yes, as you put it, "where the old shed and marshalling yard for the rat-track luggage-luges etc. used to be" is how I'd describe where I understand the Amara to have been built.

However, I assume that there may have been knock-on ramifications of the Amara (& other new apts) construction work that warranted/supported a renovation/relocation of the stable block, and perhaps a minor shift of 100m or something like that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well the old hovel was demolished and the current big swanky stables with sleigh-drivers' bedsits above was built more or less on the same spot, about 10 years go, but it's never moved since then.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm... so maybe they're remembering something from 10 years ago, which is not too long ago. That makes sense. A video documentary thereof may seem to coincide with the time of the Amara construction, with the implication one caused the other.

Ta.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yup could be. Thinking back it might have only been eight years or so.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Smelt like the stables were still next to the snow park/top end of Proclou when I was there a few weeks back.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The goods inwards was relocated as was the car park for business owners.
The owners got to use the main outdoor parking with a saisonnaires badge, and the Rat Track company hoiked up the in resort delivery costs. It was not cheap in the first instance around 2K per-season for a small business.
The location of the horse lodging, for want of a better phrase - has remained stable.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy