Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg St Maurice eateries with kids and other luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Hello lovely snowHead Less than 3 weeks til us next jaunt to the snow and in a slip of booking back in that long forgotten ago summer, would seem I booked not just the night Eurostar out on the Friday arriving at silly o'clock but also the night train back the following Saturday evening. Bonus is we'll get another day on the piste!

Anyway, as the smalls (8 and 6) will be with us, a massive slab of pate, vat of vin rouge and a baguette probably ain't going to cut it for the return snacks - does the collective know of any any bars / restaurants near the station that will be OK for kids and the ridiculous amount of luggage we're going to have (inc a double board bag belonging to that darksider in the family midst!) and are open early Saturday evening to serve something cheap and tasty? Thank yous x

ps you have been warned, there could be train naration, can Fat Alice be topped Skullie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@always29, ...well, if the kids are prepared to eat North African food (lamb tangine, cous-cous, etc) which our two are (and love it, in fact) then L'Oasis is excellent and not too expensive, right at the end of the train station. Just google 'restaurants in Bourg St Maurice' and zoom in - you'll find it.

I love the name of the Restaurant L'Arssiban. But have never eaten there, only chuckled at the name.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have eaten at l'Arssiban and it's good, the locals restaurant.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have eaten at l'Arssiban and it's good, the locals restaurant.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bazoom! It is a bar/restaurant right across the street from the station that has loads of space to dump bags and served a variety of food that your kids will enjoy if they are anything like mine were.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Le Tonneau is right next to both l'Arssiban and l'Oasis. I went there with our oldest a few years back - like the others, lots of space to dump bags, and the food was pretty good too. They were definitely welcoming to children.

Basically head over towards those three, check out the menus, and seating space, and go from there!

(or say sod it and come join us all in VT.. you know you want to!!)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+ 1 for Le Tonneau -

If I'm not mistaken @sparklies, weren't you pointed in that direction on your 'Day Trip to Les Arcs"?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kieranm wrote:
Bazoom! It is a bar/restaurant right across the street from the station that has loads of space to dump bags and served a variety of food that your kids will enjoy if they are anything like mine were.

Loads of room in Bazoom at the moment but very slow service as it closed down last year !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kieranm, ...like mine WERE. (Sic)

What did you do with them? Lose them on the hill?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

@kieranm, ...like mine WERE. (Sic)

What did you do with them? Lose them on the hill?

I meant:
"if they are anything like mine were [at that age]"
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+ 1 for Le Tonneau
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arctic Roll wrote:
+ 1 for Le Tonneau -

If I'm not mistaken @sparklies, weren't you pointed in that direction on your 'Day Trip to Les Arcs"?

I suspect I was indeed!! Always happy to pass on good recommendations!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sparklies wrote:
Le Tonneau is right next to both l'Arssiban and l'Oasis. I went there with our oldest a few years back - like the others, lots of space to dump bags, and the food was pretty good too. They were definitely welcoming to children.

Basically head over towards those three, check out the menus, and seating space, and go from there!

(or say sod it and come join us all in VT.. you know you want to!!)

Thanks for the recommendations.

If only for the SFaB but them pesky finances eh?! That and as the evening of Sat 7th is the last direct Eurostar back, I couldn't really extend the ticket for another week. I am very keen to join you all again next Easter if the dates work for SFaB or EOSB and the school hols snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ugh, yeah, if that is the last direct Eurostar back (and there's no way you want to faff changing trains when you have small ones!) then I see your point! And those damned finances. It may well be we only do one week next year, and that will have to be the bash!

The dates do look good for next year, it has to be said..
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If stuff goes according to plan, then next season may well have us driving to VT for the Bash(es)
snow report
Now we've invested in the snow chains, we're going to have to drive every year. I'm very curious as to how we're going to find it, as although I'm used to the slog from the London area to Cornwall/Cumbria (grandparents) this is on another scale entirely.

We'll wave over the valley from Les Arcs to Tignes! Funnily enough my HR manager will be in Tignes same week as you!
snow conditions
@sparklies, @Richard_Sideways, it's quite do-able, and the boredom of driving is better than the stress of airports and transfers IMHO. See the recent thread about suggestions for podcasts and audio books to while away the time.

I'm positively looking forwards to the drive - only a couple of weeks to go till the SFaB!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy