Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kitsbuhel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anybody been to kitsbuhel, Austria recently, im going in two weeks and was wondering if people think its a good resort or not, I have had mixed reports on it through research.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sigun, it's a long time since I've been there but I'd agree it's very mixed. Some good skiing, super town but spread out and not convenient, also it's low, so snow starts disappearing from the lower runs by March
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kitzbuhel is a delight. It is a gorgeous town and the skiing is plentiful for an intermediate piste skier. The new 3S lift links up the upper valleys perfectly.

I would not worry about the snow. They have had masses of snow this year and the lowness is well compensated for by the fact it is in continental air. You don't get the nasty old Foehn wind stripping the snow away like you do in some resorts. The locals will tell you there is still plenty of skiing in April. I wish I'd gone to Austria last week rather than the ice-zone of the French Alps.

Kitz is a classic ski town. You will love it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've just come back from a week there (we had a week last year, and I've had a few weekends as weel). The snow and weather were great.

It's good for prettiness (slopes and town centre), food and drink (slopes and town), decent size area, now with access of a sort to Ski Welt FWIW. There are fair number of roads and still a few flat bits. There's reasonable off piste (I'm told). Getting the most from the ski area needs a bit of planning, but the new 3S lift has made a big difference.

It's bad for difficult runs (the blacks are steep, that's about all). The ski bus service is crap, but you shouldn't need it often if at all. Try to stay within a walk of the Hahnenkamm lift (not difficult).

The ki school gets mixed reviews, haven't tried it myself. The swimming pool is good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy