Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daft Austrian Apartment Question (Schladming)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all!

I've booked my apartment for two in Schladming some time ago, but now it turns out that I'm going on my own. Looking at the ad, it says that the apartment has a min/max occupancy of 2/3. My guess is, there isn't a problem with single occupancy, as I'd just pay the rate I was going to pay for two.

I must admit though that I'm starting to worry that there might be some local law that i don't know about. I can't think of ANY reason why it should make a difference if a paid for apartment isn't fully occupied, but then you never know! I wouldn't want Mrs Haunschmid to booted me out into the cold...all alone....sniffff....

Does anyone know anything about this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lrx28, If you are willing to pay the same, I can't think why, logically, it would be a problem. It's usually the other way round when someone wants to under-occupy, but doesn't want to pay the cost of the normal occupancy. The max is usually to deter youngsters from piling guests in that the owner knows nothing about! To see if there are any quaint local laws, you could find the tourist information office of that resort, and pose the question to them as a hypothetical one!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Example

You book a room with a min Occupancy of 2 people for 40 Euros per person per night.
Only one person turns up so the owner will most likely expect you to pay 80 euros per night.

You could ring up and see if they have single rooms.

..... or just tell 'em you normally get lucky so book the room for two in advance wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When picking the key up, or 'called upon', if asked just tell them your friend has gone skiing/shopping/to the bar/loo whatever.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
on a lighter note, you might have a multiple personality disorder, so have booked for the other you!! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice! On my receipt, the price is given as 40 euros flat/night, but that does seem to go up to 67 a night if three people stay there.

I'm think I'm a bit worried that the place seems a bit cheap! Mind you it's in the absolute middle of nowhere (Obertal, nr Rohrmoos to be specific).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In fact here's the link!

http://www.schladming-rohrmoos.com/buchen-appartment-suche-e-fra.html

OK I should shut up now!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I see that didn't work. Sorry everyone
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lrx28, do not worry about the price. Obertal (meaning 'upper valley') is a bit far from the slopes, so the accommodation prices here are cheaper here than in Rohrmoos or Schladming.
And it is really in the middle of nowhere.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lrx28,
I think there is an Austrian law wherby the mayor can "force" you take in a mustachiod female Austrian shot - putter if the apartment is under-occupied Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy