Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please recommend me a resort for 1st wk in April 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This year Easter Hols for the world are in the first week in April and anyway we've already spent all our pennies. However next year Easter is much later, apart from a couple of northern local authorities who have decided to break with tradition and fix Easter at the first two weeks in April.

This would appear to give us the opportunity to go skiing with the kids at a time when no-one else is. What's the best policy? wait until next March to book through a TO or get in immediately while stuff's available and flights are cheap? I've never skied outside Christmas or Feb half term hols so this is unknown territory for me.

And where to? Preferably somewhere German speaking I think, Austria, or those bits of Switzerland or Italy.

Don't want to have to take a bus anywhere, short walk to lifts, good range of blues and reds as we might have a couple of beginners with us, home run likely to be doable at the end of the day even in April. And somewhere were there's a real benefit from going in an off peak week.

Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would you consider France and the EoSB? There may be a few SH families heading to Val Thorens, if the week lines up with school holidays as it did last year. This year's SFaB has proven to be popular.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scotland is always off the first 2 weeks of April for Easter (from the first Monday landing in April) so you are already thinking like me about the first week as I know no one else is off! Due to the holiday pattern you could leave it later or if you really have a fixed idea of what you want always best to book early and no doubt some of the TOs will have early booking discounts. So really depends if you are fixed on certain things (resorts, ski in/out, specific hotels/chalets) or happy just to snap up a bargain later as there are always some. Lower resorts as always at Easter will be more risky, but then leaving it late you can chase the snow. Alternatively just go high with usual suspects to be sure - VT, Tignes, Obergurgl, Ischgl, Zermatt/Cervina etc etc. Loads of options. I either take the kids out last week before Easter (last week in March - no fines in Scotland!) or first week of April and have always had great conditions. Can vouch that all 3V resorts have a great range of all runs and easy home runs. Off to Tignes this year.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
correct that, not all Scotland always has the first 2 weeks, but many have including us (Aberdeen) and Glasgow, but see that Edinburgh and Inverness don't.....even been for us!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Penry, we've did 4 years back to back at Easter in Stuben, even in one of the worst years we could ski top to bottom and back to the hotel in Stuben.

some pics of snow cover here https://greghilton.co.uk/easter-skiing-at-stuben/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@tomj, Absolutely I would. if buttons were available, I'd already have pressed them. However my guess is that if there was a bash that week, it wouldn't be a family one as very few families will be available. Happy to be proved wrong.

@riman8, many thanks, didn't realise the Scots had got there before us. It sounds like I should hold fire as I'm not fixed on anything much.

@kitenski, Nice videos! I can't find much going to Stuben, which TO did you go with? And does the same apply to the whole ski area e.g. Lech & Zurs?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Penry, we did DIY to this hotel https://www.hubertushof-arlberg.at/en/

Kids loved the pool, adults loved the wellness area with no kids allowed Smile

Worst snow was the lower south facing slopes in St Anton (as a sweeping generalisation), on very warm days it'll get slushy apart from the highest North facing slopes (Same in any resort). Lech/Zurs/Warth always had good snow.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers @kitenski. Always fancied the area if the price and conditions are right. Far more accommodation available in St Anton but less snow sure and less good for inexperienced skiers I guess.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It doesn't meet the German speaking requirement but Trysil in Norway might be worth a look as a DIY booking. We're off there this Easter for the first time with 2 kids and it looks ideal as a beginner/intermediate resort. Flights are cheap with Norwegian, there's lots of suitable well groomed runs, it's ski in/out from the Radisson resorts (plus others I'm sure) and snow conditions seem to hold up until late April at least which isn't always the case in some Alpine resorts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Locoblade, Great shout, but we went last year and I'd like to go somewhere new.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Penry, great minds and all that, hope you had a good time there? Less than 3 weeks now and we can't wait! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a great time, I'm sure you will too.

We went at half term and high winds and arctic temps closed the top lifts on a couple of days which caused some big queues lower down but I believe we were just unlucky and you're unlikely to meet the same at Easter. Both my kids had excellent instruction in ski school and staff were generally helpful and obliging.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great to hear Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy