Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new year morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anyone advise me what the snow is like in the ports du soleil in particular Morzine /avoriaz at Xmas and new year please? Looking that my options.
Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone got a spare crystal ball? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137458
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Andy2809, I think, likely to be the same as it was yesterday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wanted to buy in Morzine but didn't, simply because it is rare to be skiing there at New Year.

There was snow this year (but it's been a record breaking year across the Alps), but even then you couldn't ski back to the resort.

Xmas and NY are early for many resorts, pick somewhere higher or go later.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bar shaker, I would think you will find that you could easily ski back to Morzine over xmas/NY this year...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
do they not have snow cannons down to morzine? I
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We definitely skied back to the resort over New Year this year. But we didn't book until we knew the snow cover was already good in early December.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bar shaker, has it been a record-breaking year across the Alps? I realise it's been great, but looking at historical snow data on the onthesnow.com website for several ski areas across Europe (including Morzine) would suggest it's been slightly over average in terms of snowfall and depth. Last season was particularly poor in Morzine, and the season of 2013-2014 looks like it's been the best in recent history. What has been different this season was the amount of early snow and sustained low temperatures.

Not sure where the onthesnow.com data comes from but for this area it certainly seems to correspond with what we have had.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@queenie pretty please, depends where you are looking. My understanding is that at 1,800m the Chamonix valley had had an average season’s worth of snow by the end of January.

I personally don’t recall ever seeing as much snow as we have had, even now the higher slopes are nuts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy