Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next year - where to?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’re looking to go to one of the bigger resorts next year and considering either 3V or EK, but which one and where should we stay? Bewildered by the choice, so some suggestions please to help narrow things down/see what’s realistic.

It’ll be Feb 1/2 term, 2 adults, 2 kids (11 & 13). Piste skiing only, all 4 happy on reds. Kids will prob have 5 x morning lessons, wife and I maybe a couple of morning private lessons. We’ll drive, so need parking. Looking for self catering accomodation, 1 bedroom would be ok. Would quite like ski in-ski out, but let’s say around max 5 mins walk. Not worried about nightlife, but would be nice to be able to wander round town in the evening. If staying in a less rowdy area meant a bit further from the slopes, then I think we’d opt for that. Would like to keep accomodation cost below €1,500.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Arcs 1800, lower should be cheaper. But this is half term in France.... Shocked
Solden? For ski in ski out, it is more expensive.
This jan we have rented a flat in Briancon, enjoyed Serre Chevalier a lot but no ski in ski out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know it's not 3V or EK but have you thought about somewhere like Avoriaz? Everywhere virtually ski in ski out, lots of pistes to cruise around on.

We rented an apartment for 6 (2 bedrooms) for about €1000 for a week, albeit in the middle of January.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look at Tignes les Brevieres. You should find an apartment for around 1000 quid. It is not likely to be ski in ski out. At that time of the year you should be able to ski back there at the end of the day.

I have stayed there and liked it but In think it is a little more developed nowadays.

If you keep moving you can ski over to Le Fornet and back with ease.

If you are tired do not attempt the Sache at the end of the day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not the 3V and not EK but think about some parts of the Dolomites. Can be driven to. self catering available. Big area. Can find quieter parts even at UK half term, but there is as ever a trade off between convenience, price, quiet, etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Consider Austria too.
UK half term is not an especially busy one next year. Some Dutch and very few Germans on holiday that week.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3107903
Areas such as Saalbach are pretty big and ski in/ski out accommodation is available.
The drive is not as daunting as it looks and there's no motorway tolls to pay (except the vignette if you use the Austrian motorways, but that's not much).
One thing to consider is that if you drive across Germany you should be aware that winter tyres are compulsory.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in La Daille (Val D'isere) recently - not the most attractive looking place but lots of apartments and parking. You are right at the bottom of the Funi and within a couple of lifts can be over in Tignes! Free, regular and quick buses run to Val D'isere (which is much prettier!) but you are really nicely located for the skiing in La Daille.

Val D'isere side of EK offers loads of challenging, fun slopes whilst Tignes (very easily accesible) has a massive abundance of nice, wide, cruisy blues and reds.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Tania (3V) or Les Coches (Paradiski)

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 6-03-18 13:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3V, all round you can't beat it. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
4D6174 wrote:
It’ll be Feb 1/2 term, 2 adults, 2 kids (11 & 13). Piste skiing only, all 4 happy on reds. Kids will prob have 5 x morning lessons, wife and I maybe a couple of morning private lessons. We’ll drive, so need parking. Looking for self catering accomodation, 1 bedroom would be ok. Would quite like ski in-ski out, but let’s say around max 5 mins walk. Not worried about nightlife, but would be nice to be able to wander round town in the evening. If staying in a less rowdy area meant a bit further from the slopes, then I think we’d opt for that. Would like to keep accomodation cost below €1,500.

I pay ~500 Euros for an apartment at Christmas. Wouldn't expect a Feb Half Term apartment to be any more than 750, perhaps 800. If interested in La Tania or Les Coches let me know I can tell you how I booked.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@TQA, @Layne, good shouts for the smaller places, it’s too easy to focus on the swanky high-up areas
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy