Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking up the Slack after the Monarch Collapse

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of the joys of the Monarch flights between Manchester and Innsbruck was the ability to fly out on a Saturday/Sunday with Thomas cook or Monarch and come back on a Thursday for a 4 or 5 night break, to the resorts in and around Innsbruck and St Anton /Ischgl etc

Given the collapse happened in Sept/October it was probably too late for any other operators to take up the slack on these Northern routes.

Currently the only option is to go for 7 nights(simply not an option on a lads ski trip Toofy Grin ) or to fly to Munich but put up with a much longer transfer.

How about the 2018/19 season?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hedley,
eurowings or jet2 combination to/from salzburg
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, you can still do the Saturday/Sunday to Thursday combination but it means flying out of Gatwick with EasyJet. We've used it many times and found EJ more reliable than BA on the same route. EJ weather forecasting seemed more reliable than BA when there was fog at Innsbruck. We often found EJ got us in or out but BA defaulted to using bus to Munich.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hedley, From Manchester we do a Friday Lufthansa evening departure to Munich (so no need to take day off work) - then there's a late flight home every day (after 10pm departure) so we can get 4 days' skiing for using only 2 days of holiday from work. Plus being a full service airline there's no issue around baggage and they're generous with beer!

I posted about my search for decent resorts within 2hrs - but the Ziller Valley plus SkiWelt / Kitzbuhel are not too arduous a journey from Munich.

Theoretically you can get to Innsbruck via a transfer at Munich or Frankfurt (and German efficiency should reduce the worry of it only being around 1hr between flights) but we've yet to attempt it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steveee wrote:
Hi, you can still do the Saturday/Sunday to Thursday combination but it means flying out of Gatwick with EasyJet. We've used it many times and found EJ more reliable than BA on the same route. EJ weather forecasting seemed more reliable than BA when there was fog at Innsbruck. We often found EJ got us in or out but BA defaulted to using bus to Munich.

Not really helpful if you live near Manchester or Liverpool though wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Liverpool - Geneva with EasyJet and change your destination?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the replies.

I think Lufthansa/eurowings to Munich is going to be the most flexible on flights from Manchester,but its just so annoying that Innsbruck is so underused?? and Munich adds a good hour or more on a transfer plus £££
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I miss Monarch too.

What am I going to do with all my tesco vouchers now? There's only so many pizzas one can eat...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@red 27, Euro tunnel?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@red 27, convert them to Avios for flights with BA?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alastair, oh ok, thanks. Never heard of Avios but looks like it's time I did... What would (say) £100 of tesco get me in BA money do you know?

@HandyHand good point - but after an absolute nightmare in the Aosta valley a few years ago I've sworn off winter Alpine driving
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
£100 of Tesco becomes 24,000 Avios. You can have an Avios account or a BA Executive Club account; if you have both then the points can be transferred between the two.

For what you can do with the Avios, see here.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I (and the wife) use a BA Amex card for all my shopping and manage to use the points for multiple flights a year. As example 2018 2 x Business Class to Geneva, 2 x Lanzarote Business Class, 2 x Maldives Economy. Granted bit more than usual but often three flights a year.

Play the Amex Gold card to bump up the points. Naturally only good if you can pay off every month.

Avios and BA Avios lightly different animals but you can transfer between.

See:
https://www.headforpoints.com/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair, Thx

@hawkesbaynz, That also sounds of interest - thanks. Like you I do all work and business costs on one card so it really clocks up the reward points...

I really need Easyjet to do a credit card and loyalty scheme... Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy