Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic cloud 9 vs head super joy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am an intermediate skier. Ht 163 and wt 50. Ski mainly on piste.

I am debating which ski I should get. Should I get atomic cloud 9 or head super joy? Any advice?

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have cloud 9s, bought new in 2015 (decathlon had the best price) and have used them for approximately 36 weeks skiing.
I only ski on piste, blues and reds.
I'm not at all a knowledgeable skier but they've been better than any rental I've had before buying.
As far as I can tell they are easy to turn,, and stable at higher speeds. They do skid on ice but that is likely my technique in not being able to get the edges to bite better.
I don't think they are much use off piste/or in calf high powder which is what some of the pistes had today but again, this could have been my fault not the skis.
Have you watched the video reviews on skis.com?
I'm a bit shorter and heavier than you (159/55) and bought 149cm as the next size up was 156cm.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been reading reviews of the Super Joys and it seems to me that they are similar to the Cloud 11s rather than Cloud 9.

Cloud 9 blurb indicates intermediate to advanced and medium in stiffness.
Cloud 11 and Super Joy - advanced intermediate to expert, and top end of medium/stiff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scamper, cloud 9's in reality are much nearer the beginner level than intermediate but do make an excellent first ski.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scamper, cloud 9's in reality are much nearer the beginner level than intermediate but do make an excellent first ski.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cloud 9 or Super Joy sounds like the menu at a massage parlour
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From reading the SCGB review, the Super Joy looks like a light, easy to use advanced ski, that can be used by a decent Intermediate, right through to Expert.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flangesax wrote:

Interesting, cheers Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks to the contributors in this thread and the other one above about super joy skis I now have a pair of new Super Joys (end of season sale) and absolutely love them. ❤️
I found a pair to take for a test drive yesterday, and although the conditions weren't the best, found then to be a big improvement on my cloud 9s.
I've just spent all day skiing on the SJs and they are brilliant - much more stable and easier to get on the edges. So, although I wasn't the OP in either of the threads, I just wanted to say thanks for all the info.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scamper wrote:
Thanks to the contributors in this thread and the other one above about super joy skis I now have a pair of new Super Joys (end of season sale) and absolutely love them. ❤️
I found a pair to take for a test drive yesterday, and although the conditions weren't the best, found then to be a big improvement on my cloud 9s.
I've just spent all day skiing on the SJs and they are brilliant - much more stable and easier to get on the edges. So, although I wasn't the OP in either of the threads, I just wanted to say thanks for all the info.

Great stuff. It's always good to get feedback from a happy camper. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy