Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where's best from Gotzens?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, Heading to Gotzens on Sunday for a few days on my own - not skied Austria before (not skied many places before tbh), am reasonable intermediate - blues and all reds are my happy place Smile

I am looking for advice as there seem to be lots of options from Gotzens - and its own ski area (Gotzens/Mutters) seems quite small? I'm without car so looks like I can get to Mutters or Axamer Lizum by direct bus (the L2) and other places I'll have to go into Innsbruck. Is there enough to keep me occupied (for 4/5 days) on an Axamer Lizum / Mutters ski pass or should I go for a full Olympia Skiworld? I would go day by day but it looks (from the websites) as if 3 days is a minimum pass in lots of places - or can one always get a day pass regardless?

Looking forward to receiving your pearls of wisdom and experience Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stopped in Gotzens around 30 years ago, we bussed up to Axamer Lizum and skied there everyday for a week. There may be more lifts now, but I seem to recall you could do it all in a day. One of the big long runs was shut low down due to no snow, if this is open then a bit more scope?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,
We used to get the bus from Gotzens to Axamer Lizum and spend most of the day there, skiing back to Gotzens via Mutters from the top of the Birgitz chair. Axamer might not have a lot of pistes but there is enough for a few days and the off piste is very satisfying. Not too difficult. Some good routes directly under the funicular. The black run under the Birgitz chair is a nice run.

Mutters is worth an hour or two. The skiing is a bit easier with a great easy long red run under the gondola all the way back to Gotzens. There's a pub at the bottom. I guess that the Axamer /Mutters pass would be sufficient for a few days.

There's a free bus that runs to Stubai and Schlick 2000 twice a week so if your bored with Axamer/ Mutters then jump on the bus.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy