Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your most loved “ski” airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Here. Gatwick...also my local..15mins to get to front door. However, a few weeks ago, I flew from and back to Birmingham, which was great. I had forgotten how short the walks to and from the car park, and departure lounge to plane were. Security was a bit rubbish though.
Over there...Geneva, apart from the price of the sandwiches!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Salzburg:
45 minute transfer to resort
Car hire 50m from the terminal exit
Free drop off at the door
Compact
Quiet
Right next to the motorway
Quiet traffic

We had cause to visit the place 6 times during our holiday and each time was faultless
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Once re-located my skis from Tehran to Dubai in mid summer. As they came up the carousel, the bloke next to me said "bloody hell that's a big fishing rod" !!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PeakyB, I love the picture of the cinque torri in snow, but I zoomed in and saw no one climbing the guides route on the torri grand. Normally they arequeuing to go up
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hemavan Tärnaby airport in southern Lapland, Sweden. The photo explains it all. There isn’t even a luggage belt. The baggage truck just pulls up outside and you grab your stuff.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Newcastle is a great airport to arrive at for Pennine and Lake District skiing. Perhaps even Carlisle airport soon Cool

Ditto Edinburgh for Scottish skiing.

Venice for the Alps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Munich. Efficient and has a Thai restaurant. Win.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why hasn't anyone voted for Luton?

Its so quaint. So friendly, So Easy,
You feel like you've arrived some where foreign even before you have taken off.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jackson Hole was pretty remarkable. Complimentary welcome drink on arrival, roaring fires, a very smart ski and board luggage handling system. (they arrive on a shelf above the main suitcase carousel). Apparently business who finacially support the airport get discounted season passes for their staff, so it's an example of the town, the mountain and the airport working together.

Turin is getting pretty good now, certainly has to have the best value coffee of any ski airport.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JAC.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can eat Thai in Munich? Sheesh, the on-draft Weissbier wins it for me, but thai food too... where exactly is that?

--
I think its a bit hard to do this, as small airports are great when they work and hell when you have to detour because the flight rules and the weather chase you out of there...

--
However Vancouver/YVR and Calgary YYC are similar and can at least be compared. YYC is way quicker to get out of, in respect of the facility itself and and also negotiating the local city to get to a ski resort. It's quicker to get to. Downsides: the hotel isn't the Fairmont, and the staff wear cowboy hats. Everything you cannot have. Unless you're Jacob rhees-mogg of course.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gatwick I get on the train in Luton and it takes me right into the airport. Layout is good, I can not remember having to yomp miles. They have never lost my luggage.

Salt Lake City, Car hire is 2 minute from arrivals, 35 minutes to Alta 50 minutes to Park City.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1. Friedrichscafen. About 15 minutes to get through passport control and collect bags and skis.
2. Geneva.
3. Manston. I flew from there once to Geneva - that was an amazingly easy trip. It was before the crazy check in routines, checked in half an hour before the flight had a coffee, arrived in Geneva collected bags and skis immediately and straight onto transfer straight to Chamonix. Total journey time about three hours!
4. Zurich.
5.Vancouver.
6. Calgary.

It is only most of the UK airports that it takes the flight time to collect my kit and get to my car.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Guys...
Hi @JayDub yes Friedrichshafen was great the lat time I used it ... but does anyone fly there anymore, since the Zepplins?
@philwig, thank God Munchen has Thai stuff ... we lost it from Geneva a couple of years ago, there is someone else taken over the stand doing Wok type stuff,but it aint what it used to be. Sad

Calgary is quite good flying out, but a big line flying in. Love the yeeha cowboy hats though.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I liked Innsbruck - scenic (if challenging for pilots) arrival and through passport control and baggage within 20 minutes of landing, in resort (Kuhtai) in another 40 minutes
snow conditions
Quote:

3. Manston. I flew from there once to Geneva - that was an amazingly easy trip. It was before the crazy check in routines, checked in half an hour before the flight had a coffee, arrived in Geneva collected bags and skis immediately and straight onto transfer straight to Chamonix. Total journey time about three hours!

Wow, just flew Birmingham - Innsbruck - Canazai. Birmingham to outside Innsbruck went really well then Inghams left us sitting on the departure coach for 3 hours. Door to door was 11 hours in total.

The return was 10 hours, once again mainly standing around at Innsbruck. The airport is lovely to arive at, but no where near enougth seats in Innsbruck airport. 3 hours standing is not a pleasant experience.

Though I would like to fly to Lyon, the fact that there is a fairly long bus rise to the car hire puts me off. Hence my preferred journey would be Birmingham (car park a short walk from the terminal) to Geneva where the car hire is actually in the terminal building, but then again passport control at Geneva is a real pain and like Innsbruck there are no where near enough seats airside. I also like the fact that provided you only have carry on baggage you can jsut walk stright hrough security at Geneva.

@DrLawn, Yes I have flown to Friedrichshafen and it was so good I cannot rememebr a thing about it. I think they even managed to tether the Zepplin savely, though I was a bit dissappointed that the count was not there in person to great us
snow conditions
DrLawn wrote:
Friedrichshafen was great the lat time I used it ... but does anyone fly there anymore, since the Zepplins?

There are about 3 BA/Easyjet weekend flights from Gatwick. There also used to be a couple of Monarch slots, also from Gatwick - not sure if anyone else has taken these on.
snow report
philwig wrote:
You can eat Thai in Munich? Sheesh, the on-draft Weissbier wins it for me, but thai food too... where exactly is that?

It's in the Lufthansa terminal - to the right of the massive duty free shop
snow report
TQA wrote:
Gatwick...Layout is good, I can not remember having to yomp miles.

Especially in the south terminal if you turn left, following the lounge signs as you exit security. Skips the whole Duty Free maze.
snow report
They are all good when I arrive and rubbish when i depart
snow conditions
Mjit wrote:
TQA wrote:

Especially in the south terminal if you turn left, following the lounge signs as you exit security. Skips the whole Duty Free maze.
Ooh, that's a good idea. (I assume you don't have to go into the lounge, but can just bypass it.)
ski holidays
Munich. It works. Always.
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
Mjit wrote:
TQA wrote:

Ooh, that's a good idea. (I assume you don't have to go into the lounge, but can just bypass it.)

Correct.
ski holidays
PeakyB wrote:
I thought Venice Marco Polo worked well plus

they have impressive pictures and artwork around. Even the luggage conveyor belt is adorned.
Except if your a cyclist, the XRay machine doesn't fit bike bags so quite often they make you unpack your whole bike bag and show them you don't have any PEDs
snow report
@Mjit, thank you
snow conditions
Oslo. Just about perfect.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy