Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot fitting -really narrow feet.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Newbie here looking for ski boot fitting advice.

My feet are a measly 93mm width and 26.3cm long (small considering i'm 6,2" - how on earth i stand up is beyond me).

Many ski boot brands are really out of the question for me. I often used race boots when i was younger but are the liners pretty poor in terms of comfort and warmth?

I wondered if there were any ski stores which offer an extensive range, multiple brand options i could check out? I'd rather give my money to a sole trader! 95% of my skiing is piste skiing. i'm based in th north east so travel to London would be an extra significant cost.

Has anyone any experience of boot fitting abroad? (bootlab)

Thank you so much!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, and welcome to the boards, there are a few bootfitters that are recommended on here, and indeed a few bootfitters actually on here, perhaps if you give the city or town you live in someone could assist in pointing out the closest to you? snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your quick response.

I'm based in Teeside if that helps, snowzone opening here in 2019 so hoping for stores opening too!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't know of any up your neck of the woods but I've had good service from Rivington alpine (North West based). I took a gamble buying on some lange RX100lv for my narrow feet but needed the toe box tweaking and some footbeds. I will go straight to them next time rather than online.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rivi Alpine (Chorley, Lancs) won't be too far a drive, or there's maybe Alain Baxter in Stirling or Anything Technical in Kendal ( OK, not super near, I know).
Give them a ring and have a chat about what they might suggest and what might be available - bear in mind it's getting near end of season. It may well involve 2 or 3 trips if they need to see your feet before ordering in something special.
Liners can always be sorted separate to shells (e.g.Zipfits) by these or other people.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Keith Yeoman is a boot fitter rather than supplier and works out of Silksworth ski centre 2 nights a week. I suggest you go and see him initially.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Reply in the other duplicate thread
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Duplicate thread has been locked - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=136731&sid=5ffec2f0d7da65d0c90a976b3a0bbf65
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CEM, appreciate your comments (apologies on a duplicate thread, I didn't write this twice rolling eyes ).

I have heard a few good things about you as a fitter and your store, whilst i'm a distance away I will probably book a fitting with you when I'm closer to the smoke.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I appreciate them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy