Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes opinions

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, after having a quick skim through the 'worst resorts' thread it seems L2A comes up pretty often... As an experienced skier we are off with a group late March to said resort which was booked on our behalf..

Honestly is it as bad as it sounds ?? Im beginning to regret it now Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are going there with 2 young kids for the firs time Easter holiday. Please be good!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was out there for a week at the start of Feb and had a great time. Loads of off accessible slack country, some really nice fast reds, cruisey blues, a decent snowpark, loads (loads!) of snow, and the glacier for some epic views. I can see where the bad reviews come from regarding the runs back to resort, but if you plan it right and either choose to download via the bubble (or chairs) or avoid the crowds at peak times then its not too bad. The prices on the hill weren't extortionate, didn't really do apres, but pano bar was always packed as the afternoon went on.
I'd go back again, the run down from the top of the glacier to the bottom of Mont De Lans was a proper leg burner Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
L2A is a fantastic resort, and you can basically ski all the way down from the top of the resort to the bubble (or apparently to the village now) in one long run, you'll enjoy it. The only downside we had was skiing back into the village, but that was about 8 years ago, and as I've indicated they have built a new blue run down into the village now, but its likely to be busy at end of day, but there are bubbles to get down on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You have nothing to worry about. Was in L2A for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago! Conditions are fantastic and plenty of slope variety. The poor reviews are all subjective!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@all Thank you !!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
L2A is a marmite resort.

Personally it's on my "won't go back to" resort list - BUT that's mainly due to the return to village issue. Others have no problem with that so have a different opinion
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's just a marmite resort, plain and simple.

I've only spent one day there and it was a particular cold day so wouldn't have helped. But what I experienced and what I have read some of the criticism is the town itself - spread out, not very traffic free; the home runs as mentioned; the skiing a bit 'disjointed'. I am sure I could have a good week there if I went but I've no reason to as there are other places I really like.

I am sure you will have a good trip - I wouldn't sweat it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was there again in Feb at half term. It's a good resort with a good range of skiing challenges. I've probably done a few too many weeks there and find it a bit repetitive now but 5 times in 6 years would tax anyone's patience. It's nowhere near as bleak as some other purpose built French places I've been to. The skiing back to resort thing is a pain in Spring if you don't like slush moguls but having done it with young kids there's no shame in getting one of the many lifts back down at the end of the day. The decent intermediate has a choice of black runs to get down to the village if you want to avoid the crowds getting down the blue and the green back into town.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many thanks for the useful info im sure we will have a blast !!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm not sure why the runs home are overly criticised. You have a green run, a slow speed blue, a decent red and a straight forward black run. So all abilities covered. Yes they can get busy at times but what resort has a clear run home each evening?? With the amount of snow this year, you can even do some off piste skiing on the green run home.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LDA definitely grew on me the week I was there (start of Feb as well). I normally go to big resorts for the variety, and was a bit worried that I'd skied it all by day 2. But as others have said, there's a good mix of runs, and some nice extended circuits you can do. Also, if you fancy a day out, ADH is less than an hour on the coach (crystal were doing it for €30, doubtless there are much cheaper options). Would def. go again in the future if that what the group chose (though would probably give it a couple of years).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've been going to LDA since the 80s. Off there again for a couple of weeks this year.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Roscoe,
when I was there basically only the Green (ugh) or Black (covered with people falling over who wanted to get off the green) at the end of the village I was at; I downloaded most days.

I gather this has improved - but first impressions and all that
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skitrack, was the blue “slow” run home open when you last went?

The green wasn’t too bad (we had some beginners with us) as it had plenty of snow and could go off piste at certain points.
snow report
Not sure when you're going and on what sort of trip, but as a warning my daughter is off out there on Bristol Uni ski trip on 23rd of March and there are 2000 of them going........I think they may be planning to party hard!
snow conditions
Came back from L2A a few weeks ago. We had a great time. Only criticism is it's a resort where you pretty much all go up the mountain on the morning and come back on an evening. This is why it gets a bit busy compared to other places.

I have a video from our trip, happy to share if any use.
ski holidays
@Roscoe - Nope, visit was the year before they sorted the blue run out (I think)
snow report
Hello, i've always enjoyed L2A also, Stayed at Neilson's Aalborg and Crystal's Brunneire ( Some thing similar spelling!) been on boy's trip and with the good lady, It is unusual for the return but no harm in coming down in the bubble if you don't like black. ( The Green is a long easy track).
ski holidays
We loved L2A. It was our first ever ski trip (which probably helped!)

We stayed in a chalet just on the edge of the town, so a bit quieter than maybe staying right in the centre.

Had no issues with having to go up the mountain to ski. The longest we waited was about 15 mins in the morning. The glacier was stunning and the runs beautiful up there.

We skied down everyday, starting off on the green but progressing up through the week. It is true, that at the end of the day these runs can be busy and a bit treacherous but nothing to ruin your day over.
ski holidays
been there 2 or 3 of times..I quite like the place ..the runs seem a bit disjointed with 2 areas ..the village is spread out but not too over lively ..it seems to have something for everyone ...but there are 3 blacks to get back to the village ..Diablo 1/2 and Valentin which is not that difficult ..it just gets a bit icy ..I got more scared on the green trail lol
snow conditions
@DaveD, The new "slow" blue Jandri 1 run is also open now. This has various splits as you go down to take you to different parts of the town. I actually quite enjoyed it but it was busy at times.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy