Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Mar 1-9

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am arriving in Chamonix - Argentiere actually on Feb 28th... Ski Mar 1 to 8. First time in the Eurozone but i live across the street from Creekside Gondi and have hit 75 days... and 20 seasons in Whistler. No skidding,falling or waiting. Not into rappels; er... abseills, crevasses and dog-legged couloirs of death. No long walks either. I have a long history and know skis, boots and dragging my knuckles at high rates of speed. But this is only half the answer and I lack 'Local Knowledge'. Any clues? ...will trade lunch or tune-ups for Local Clues... It's all in the Clues. ps: Looking for Rancho; too.
http://youtube.com/v/HPP2YHR02BA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Grands Montets (above Argentiere, handily) is the highest area in the valley and probably the most consistently-steep skiing area in the Alps with tons of lift-accessed off-piste, it's awesome and despite the apparently few lifts actually has more than enough terrain and variation to keep an advanced skier entertained for several days however the valley has a lot to offer in other areas - Les Houches on a snow/cloud day is in the tress, likewise Courmayeur through the tunnel in Italy (admittedly a PITA to get to from Argentiere if no car), Le Tour at the top of the valley and Brevent/Flegere both great in their own ways too. Get an MBU pass and explore - most of the faces within the bounds of the lift systems are skiable and locals on the hill (lifties etc) on the day can often advise on current conditions and if safe etc but if you're heading out of the bounds of the lift-accessed areas or up the Aig. du Midi, get a guide. The original and best mountain resort IMHO, you'll have a ball! (other opinions are available...)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gforce wrote:
Looking for Rancho

I think that Rancho lives in Les Arcs/Bourg Saint Maurice. Have only seen him skiing in Tignes in the autumn.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was in Chamonix right after your trip - have to say I truly enjoyed it. We stayed in Argentiere and were an easy walk from Grand Montets. My family is made up of mostly beginners so I would take them to La Tour (which I found enjoyable although my only day there was a bit snowed out) for lessons. Spent 3 of our 6 days at Grand Montets which was great... and even better when off piste with good snow. Lots of great powder off of the Hearse lift and off piste on the glacier which was simply amazing. Great mountain - pistes are nice, off piste brings it up to 11. Spent one day in Courmayeur which was wonderful since my last trip there was very snowy and hard to enjoy. San Nicolas de Veroce in St. Gervais le Bains is great - particularly the runs off of Mt Joly and Epaule. Some of the lifts are an absolute beating, though. Nonetheless, Joly/Epaule fun and steepish. Never went to Brevent/Flegere as Grand Montets was the best option on snowier days.

All in all, as the poster said above, the MBU pass is great since you have so many options.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy