Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Re-Proofing Eider Defender fabric

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a ~10 year old Eider ski jacket that's only seen a couple of weeks on the mountain but was recomissioned for several years as a general winter coat when the sprogs came along. We're off skiing again for the first time in almost 10 years at Easter though and replacing the jacket would be an extravagance given it's generally in good condition other than a small abrasion / hole worn by my car seatbelt which I've patched using a Goretex repair patch. However, the fabric (Defender 3LS) is dirty and less water repellent than it used to be so I'd like to give it a wash and re-proof before we go. Is there anything special that needs to be considered with brand specific waterproof fabrics like these or is it just the standard NikWax Techwash and re-proof with TX.Direct?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tesco liquid soap is a fraction the price of techwash and does the same job. Ironing can also restore water repellency. Both of these will save you £10-20 for beer.

I find normal detergent and ironing works fine, but your mileage and fabric may vary.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I was thinking maybe basic soap flakes rather than the Tech Wash then look at a re-proofing spray. I'm not sure my jacket would take kindly to any heat from an iron though especially the patch I put on
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy