Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One Piece Ski Suits........Your Thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
https://cordova.co/collections/shop-all/products/the-chamonix-1
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brokenbetty wrote:
andy wrote:

Same for workman overalls. At 6ft3 it's perma-wedgie.

I'm the other end. At 5ft1 I have the crotch somewhere near my knees and in silhouette am roughly the shape of a tellytubby

Same. Which is annoying as I love a jumpsuit in day to day life and really fancy a black ski onesie. Unfortunately no one has thought to do a petite range for those. Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ElzP, your prayers answered?

https://cordova.co/collections/shop-all/products/the-verbier
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@thecramps, christ on a bike - the price of that!! Shocked

Apart from that and the flares that would be ideal. Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For off piste or severe winter work they are great EG the Norrona onsie.

You can wear what you like. I would draw the line at Bogner mind you
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Initial thoughts were: ha ha ha and a bit of a snigger.

Then as it wasn’t a p take. Gear has moved on hugely, largely due to snowboarding I still feel. The one piece is effectively redundant for recreational skiers, as warmth is no longer an issue. Get decent gear and there is no reason to get a one piece, unless you are going on the eosb.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think they are comming back, I saw a few this year, and with all the retro junkies and hipsters there are more being seen. My 14 year old was moaning that I threw out her sisters one last year, ( I really thought it would never be worn by the younger girls, her sister is 28 )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Without consciously wanting to open the B-discussion again, I could see a demand for a Union Flag one - the pattern was huge as a fashion statement just after the 2012 olympics.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ElzP, I think they are aimed at those nice girls who look after their uncles on skiing trips in Courchevel. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ll admit I had Nevica and Degree 7 one piece suits back in the day (which I’m fairly sure I still have somewhere), but other than those being worn as a joke, the occasional animal suit, or the elderly gentlemen who will wear it until they stop skiing, they were a rare sighting. I’ve seen a number of Norrona ones recently, and a couple regularly this week in OneSkee onesies (https://www.oneskee.com/).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One of our ski group still uses only his 1984 Marks and Spencer lime green one-piece...
Despite it being a bit, erm, tight around the midriff, he skis with that perfect old skool feet max 2 inches apart effortlessness. Which is nice!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had an Event Shell Fartbag - Ali Ross seemed to know what he was on about in "How we learned to Ski", so I followed suit (so to speak). It was probably when Goretex made its first appearance.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've recently bought a Norrona one piece... it's pretty nice actually but the issue with them in general for many I imagine is finding a make that fits. None of them that I have seen have a huge range of sizes (short/long/etc), nor customisation, as is available with one piece kit for other sports.

The Norrona fabric is really nice, feels more flexible and much softer than some older 3L Goretex Pro jackets, it's nicely cut and articulated and fits me pretty well. I'm probably shorter in leg than average for my height and it fits that way, slightly long in the leg and good to fractionally short of ideal for me in the body. It's slightly longer in the arms than some brands and it fits well there. I am surprised how slim fitted it is though, I was expecting much more room within it as I'm fairly slight, however it is cut effectively in the leg without being needlessly baggy and the top almost perfectly with a base layer and primaloft mid layer, it's getting tight if I want to layer up too much with a well filled down layer over a fleece for example, but how often is that needed anyway!

All the zips and features seem well thought out and positioned, the chest pocket sits perfectly between my rucksack straps and below the clip between them. The only thing I would have liked that it doesn't have is a right hip pocket to put my phone in, the thigh pockets are fine but I would have preferred the bulk of a thick heavy 'tough smart phone' on my hip not flapping in front of my thigh, probably not a problem with a much lighter iphone or similar though.

Haven't used it in anger yet though so not a completely fair test, first opinion is positive though!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thecramps wrote:
@ElzP, I think they are aimed at those nice girls who look after their uncles on skiing trips in Courchevel. Madeye-Smiley

Yes, it's quite endearing how many devoted nieces there are in Russia! wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thecramps wrote:
https://cordova.co/collections/shop-all/products/the-chamonix-1

The helmet ruins the look.

She won't be learning to snowboard in that outfit, more like learning to play baccarat.
snow report
@crosbie, Quite right. What you need is one of these bargains.

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/kask/chrome-mirror-visor-and-helmet-p000000000006160252
latest report
@Maurice100, Some great vintage Bogner ski-one-pieces on Ebay, a natty yellow original SOS one-piece as well. Years ago when I was much trimmer I had an Event one piece. The best bit of kit at that time,
latest report
thecramps wrote:
@crosbie, Quite right. What you need is one of these bargains.

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/kask/chrome-mirror-visor-and-helmet-p000000000006160252

Hmmm... makes one look like an American Footballer if you ask me. Shocked

The well dressed 'Bond girl' skier does not wear a helmet. The would be Bond assassin may well do so, however.
ski holidays
In the 80's I really wanted a onesie - but having a "long" back they all "split my difference" so I've always had a jacket and trousers/salopettes.

I am definitely not a fashion follower though - I've been skiing since 1984 - and realise in 36 years I've only had 5 jackets!

1. Multi-coloured 80's jacket - borrowed for first weeks skiing, liked it so bought it off the friend - teamed with beyootiful purple "shell suit fabric" salopettes - both from C&A - this was a good jacket, after I used it for 2 hols, boyfriend then used it for his first hol
2. Nevica high tech jacket, dayglo yellow, titanium lining - bought in a sale, would have been £00s cost about £90 - teamed with dayglo pink ski trousers
3. Purple Surfanic jacket, cheap, bit small, not warm - only lasted two holidays
4. White/green jacket from TKMaxx - only £45 but very good quality, can't remember the make - left it at a football tournament - gutted
5. Current jacket, bought about 2012

Maybe its time to splash out on some new kit - but seems a bit pointless when its a perfectly good jacket - keeps me warm, dry, got pockets in all the right places
latest report
This thread is very amusing. We always play 'spot the all-in-one' when we are skiing. I think we only saw 1 in Saalbach this year so they must be on the way out.

I had a purple and grey one (It was even Goretex) in the late 1990s. It is still in the garage in the hope they may come back into fashion one day. It was super warm and i loved it. I stayed dry and slightly smug when the rest of the group were suffering in the rain on those cold, open, freezing chairlift.

But it was a pain at lunchtime when you had to hobble round with the top half tied round your waist. Also really not very practical for female toilet breaks!
snow report
I love my norrona onesie! When it falls apart (no sign yet) I plan to replace it with another one. Seams to work in all conditions from really warm conditions plus 10 to minus 15 and everything in the middle (with suitable mid layers).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy