Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nendaz trip report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I organised a short ski trip for 6 lads (hubbie and his mates) from Friday to Tuesday and then when they departed the ladies (myself and 5 friends) set off for their trip Tuesday to Saturday. We amazingly managed to find an apartment that allowed an 8 day stay to enable each group to stay 4 nights. We were fairly central in the village right next to the Swiss Ski School office. The lads rented cars but the ladies used Swiss Taxi for private transfers from GVA, who were very reliable. For those who needed to rent gear, we used Intersport Ski Service right by the Tracouet gondola. They were superb with really good kit and friendly service. We rented lockers from them too which were also right by the gondola. They also have a shop in the village Intersport Marie Thoz, which is much larger, Greg who owns both shops was very helpful and also let us store bags there on the last day as we had a 10am checkout and wanted to ski for a few hours before returning back to GVA.

In terms of the skiing, the ladies did not have the ski ability to tackle itineraries but there was still substantial on-piste skiing that we could enjoy. We took the ski bus to Siviez for a couple of our days which was fine (one day we left rather late in the morning after a lively evening which meant the bus was on the border of unbearably packed). The pistes were incredible. Pretty much empty (we were there from Jan 31st to Feb 3rd) with great conditions. We did a lesson one morning with Neige Adventure (AKA On the Mountain) with a British chap called Chris who was awesome. Fun, patient and good instruction. We were a mixed ability group of 4 but we all learned and improved. The other 2 ladies were beginners and also had lessons with Neige Adventure. They were also impressed with the instruction.

Food. Mountain Restaurants - we went to the Black Sheep a couple of times in Ruinettes which was pretty good for a self service and has a lovely terrace. Our favourite place was Cabane de Balavaux off Priaron in Nendaz. We had apres drinks at Bobs (Nendaz) and at Yeti (Siviez). In Nendaz village La Taverne de La'Alpee was amazing and highly recommended. We also went to Cafe de Paris and were pleasantly surprised. Espresso2go do incredible omelettes - well worth a visit and the boys who work there are super-nice. The microbrewery was also good for food and drinks.

As a resort Nendaz isn't very pretty but has enough going on to keep 12 40-somethings happy and the access to 4 Valleys via Siviez is easy and excellent.
I would definitely return and maybe try an itinerary next time Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

6 lads (hubbie and his mates) from Friday to Tuesday and then when they departed the ladies (myself and 5 friends) set off for their trip Tuesday to Saturday. We amazingly managed to find an apartment that allowed an 8 day stay to enable each group to stay 4 nights

That is such a good idea and brilliantly planned!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy