Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anzere - anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm told that it's to be linked to Crans-Montana in the not too distant future. Is this a reality, or wishful thinking? Other comments on Anzere much appreciated. Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
noggy, I haven't skied there - although I was supposed to in January , events conspired against me. I have been there though.

The link to Crans has been muted for several years although noone I've spoken to seems to know when it will really happen. It's quite an unusual place with excellent views and good access to the slopes. I was amazed at how quiet the 'village' was and it seemed very friendly. The place is owned and seems to be run for the most part by the same company. Locals say the skiing is excellent - but then again not been there.

Access from Sion is very easy via the autoroute with only the last 4 kms being in anyway taxing.

Although the centre is 'manufactured' ( and supposedly by the same company who did Isola) it is pedestrian and very sympathetic although the original 'appartment' blocks are a bit grotesque imho.

The Brits seem to have found the place - and some nice new appartments being built there ( pm if you want more info on that)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
noggy, I had my first skiing holiday there. Several years ago now, but friends of mine have been back and I don't think much has changed. As eEvans said, it has a villagey feel and is quite small & friendly. Nice views from the top, main access via a fairly new gondola, no Qs whatever during the week, car park fills up a bit at w/ends with day-trippers.

Smallish ski area, 40kms I think. Virtually all reds. So-so for beginners as there is not a lot of progress terrain once you leave the nursery, and too small for a full week for more accomplished skiers, but Crans nearby for a change of scene. The main run home is black. As for a link - believe it when it happens!

Apres quiet, either that or we didn't find it. We flew to Geneva, got the train to Sion, cabbed the rest, easy-peasy.

We went in mid-March, and as it faces south the lower runs were slushed up, but they weren't short of snow (for what it's worth). Basically, if apres and huge ski areas are not a priority you could do a lot worse.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 20-02-06 14:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think talk of links seems to intensify when someone's trying to sell property Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ise, When we purchased property in Grimentz, we were told that Crans-Montana would be linked to Val D'Anniviers 1st. Quite an ambitious project Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowbunny, scheduled for right after the autoroute link to Grimentz I understand, but before the Zinal/Zermatt tunnel Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise,
Quote:

I understand, but before the Zinal/Zermatt tunnel

I could dig that Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny wrote:
ise, When we purchased property in Grimentz, we were told that Crans-Montana would be linked to Val D'Anniviers 1st. Quite an ambitious project Very Happy

And who told you that , someone who had never been there ? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eEvans, Property Agencies must think we were all born yesterday Laughing
It would be cool though, the Swiss Airforce could practice flying underneath the cables when they stretch in the summer. We could always install a to$$er detector on the Anniviers side, which would result in the doors refusing to open, then on the return across Sierre, the floor would open fully to save electricity Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowbunny, That's what I thought !! I don't think there is any way other than a Val d'A to Crans 'ski' connection that could bring down more aircraft ( nicely situated not far from the end of Sion's runways for others ), perhaps it's being sponsored by Al Qaeda Shocked

I take it you didn't like the folks in Crans Montana then ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
eEvans,
Quote:

I take it you didn't like the folks in Crans Montana then ?

Let me me C-M v Grimentz....no contest really Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy