Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to organise 5 days in Dolomites including Cortina

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I will be travelling with 2 friends to Treviso airport, we would like to know how to divide 5 days in Dolomites. We will be doing Cortina, but would like to do another resort as not sure Cortina is big enough for 5 days.

1. What additional resort near Cortina would you recommend? i.e Val gardena, alta badia?
2. Where is best place to base ourselves? We will have a car

Gracie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would base in Corvara. On the Sella Ronda and Alta Badia, Cortina a short drive away - but, the location/convenience is reflected in the prices...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I am finding limited availability for Corvora, we are going first week of March which is a bit last minute but wondering what are the good reosurces for apartmenta
in dolomites (besides usual booking.com, airbnb, etc)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pred02, San Cassiano? Handy for Cortina and links into Sella Ronda.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pred02, questions abound of course such as
what kind of skiing?
do you want to be able to ski without driving?

As others have said, somewhere in the Alta Badia axis of Corvara-La Villa-San Cassiano works well as you can relatively easily get across to Cortina but also ski from the towns into and around the Sella Ronda linked area which is large and also easliy go to Kronplatz area by car as well.

As you head out the road from La Villa to Pedraces you may find lower prices and more availability.

I think Val Gardena and Val Di Fassa areas take you too far away from Cortina in practice.
Arabba is just about a possibility or something like Passo Campolongo puts you on the circuit and not too much further to drive to Cortina.

Worth doing a search on the altabadia.org site for accomodation as well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Civetta, 50 minutes drive (Pescul), nice area too!

For impression of ski area(s) download the 3D map via: www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-area/ski-map

Nice hotel near Cortina, 300 mtr walk to piste, Piccolo Pocol (B&B) around €55,00 per night 2 persons incl breakfast.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all. San Casselano looks like good and easy access to Alta Badia and also not too far from Cortina. Which of the Alta Badia villages is most lively at night?

Not looking for clubbing or massive apres ski but would be nice to walk to a few nice restaurants and or have a fee drinks. To that effect maybe staying in Cortina makes more sense (last year we stayed in Chamonix and it was great)

Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Generally Italy is quiet on the Apres : San Cassiano is only a small town (but with two Michelin star restaurants). Corvara may have more apres, but I wouldn't call it lively...

=================

For some reason your thread has been made a 'Sticky' ???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also any decent restaurants off slopes, I know St Cassiano has a number of Michelin star restaurants but looking for some falue places as well. Thank you
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think you would be better off staying in cortina, we did this last year and it worked out fine. We actually only used the car on one day to go over to Kronptatz.
Used the bus to get to cinque torre and then onto atla badia via the hidden valley. The skiing in Cortina deserves more than a couple of days, it's great!
The added advantage of being in Cortina is great wine bars and restaurants, not forgetting to beautiful landscape!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Already booked at San Cassiano. Any recommendations for either 2 areas - Cortina/Alta Badia in terms of what to ski; where to eat are appreciated. We are intermediate skiiers. Gracie
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try Alleghe or Misurina
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy