Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica ADV 10 Binding Forward pressurP

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

I have a set of Nordica Transfire RTX skis with Nordica ADV 10 bindings as per this link: http://www.zampolinisport.it/sci-allmountain/540-nordica-transfire-rtx-2018.html.

I have a pair of Salomon X-Pro 80 boots with a sole length of 326mm.

I have set my adjustable bindings up so the boot clips in, but im a bit mis-understood on the forward pressure marker on the rear binding. My bindings go up in scales of 5mm according to the scale on the bindings and the infomation I managed to find from a tech manual. https://d3swkta9jjxguv.cloudfront.net/user_upload/marker/Downloads/THB_Marker_17-18_englisch.pdf Page 96 for reference. Which states:

CHECK FORWARD PRESSURE:
• Place the ski boot into the binding, close the binding. (9.1 - 1Cool
• Correct forward pressure:
With the boot in the system the forward pressure is correct
when any portion of the white scribe mark on the forward pressure
indicator is flush with the back edge of the heel housing.
(9.1 - 19).
If the forward pressure is incorrect: remove the ski boot and
readjust the boot sole length until the forward pressure is correct.

Ive done this and tried with the 325mm (white setting) boot length as pictured below:

I tried with the 330mm (red setting) and got the marker pushed further out the binding as shown below:

Now I know this is safety critical but im not 100% sure on how it should be positioned as no 'white marks' as per that infomation booklet above, (unless its the raised lines on the rail)

Part of me says the 325mm fitting is right with the lines level with the rear of the binding (without the round pole sticking out) but wanted clarification before I go out skiing.

Chris
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's a rebadged Vist binding not a rebadged Marker binding so you're looking at the wrong tech manual rolling eyes wink

With the boot installed the rear face of the upper heel housing should be within the scribed lines. Anywhere within the lines is ok but the nearer to middle the better.

On the 2nd photo the binding is so long the heel hasn't moved and on the 1st pic it's moved a tad rearwards but not enough so you need to shorten the binding length further still.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks from the reply. Never knew what bindings they were so couldnonly go off the pics. Any other info on the Vist stuff?

I turned the length down to 320mm and the below pics are what it shows. Flush/ever so slightly inwards of the rear of the binding.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guess its these ones?
http://www.pureskis.com/downloads/VIST_mountingInstr.pdf
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@carsey, That adjustment is fine now.

That binding is a Speedcom/Speed System derivative made specifically for Nordica.

And ignore that old manual as it's waaaay out of date.

I'm the UK Vist dealer and their range can be seen here: http://www.visttech.it/catalog/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. Just was a little unsure where it needed to be where it was set right. Strange how bindings on skis are set lower than the boot size now though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon I have a new pair of skis and boots for my son (from the fab Glasgow Ski & Snowboard Club sale) with those "Nordica" bindings and I think I've fitted the boots correctly, i.e. like the pictures above, 320mm boots on the 320mm position. The one thing that leaves me wondering is that the rear face of the heel mounting is not flat or vertical but has a v-shaped indented profile. So, at the level of the scribed lines (near the point of the v) the mounting is right in the middle of the lines but the top of the binding is very slightly beyond them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tsgsh wrote:
@spyderjon I have a new pair of skis and boots for my son (from the fab Glasgow Ski & Snowboard Club sale) with those "Nordica" bindings and I think I've fitted the boots correctly, i.e. like the pictures above, 320mm boots on the 320mm position. The one thing that leaves me wondering is that the rear face of the heel mounting is not flat or vertical but has a v-shaped indented profile. So, at the level of the scribed lines (near the point of the v) the mounting is right in the middle of the lines but the top of the binding is very slightly beyond them.

The sentence in bold above is the correct forward pressure.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@spyderjon thank you as always!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, I just bought Nordica ski with same bindings but I cant figured out how to adjust them? Is it with screwdriver or I have to press something so i can move them. How do I adjust them for boot?? Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Theres a little thing you lift up in the centre with a red and white arrow on it that increases or reduces the boot length

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a similar issue, but in my haste, I loosened the 2 screws on the toe binding that allows it to slide and now it won't tighten in again. Does anyone have experience with this or know how to correct it? The screws just turn like theres nothing to tighten into. and the toe binding slides backward freely. They are nordica Adv bindings. rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy