Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Pass through Operator

Poster: A snowHead
Off to La Tania (with Crystal) this weekend, gear all sorted via internet, but, what's the best way to grab the Ski Pass for the family - online seems ok, I can pick it up at the Tourist Office in the centre - is it any cheaper/more expensive if I do it with Crystal either on the coach or earlier online?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Generally more expensive to do it with the TO but they should deliver it to your appt... by midday Sunday when the rep gets out of bed. Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In La Tania you're probably OK as you're probably going past the Tourist Office to get to the slopes/ski hire so quite easy to pick up but there might be queues.

Whereas as @davidof, if you don't want to queue and have it delivered to your door then go through the Tour Op.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On a recent trip to Selva with Crystal , we got our ski passes on the coach to resort.

Was about the same price as sorting myself.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It’s usually the same price. It can cut out any hassles, queuing etc. to let them do it. If your needs are complicated ie oap discount or maybe kids better to do it yourself.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check the price online before you go. Unless they've got some kind of online offer on (unlikely), you will pay the same at the desk. With this figure in mind, you can decide on the coach whether Crystal are charging the same and go with the better deal.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@paulheywood, check the exchange rate - are Crystal asking you to pay in Euros, in which case is it the same price in euros as at the resort. If in £s what exchange rate are they using and would you be better of paying in Euros at a better exchange rate
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In my experience with Crystal and Neilson is there is not much difference in price. It just saves the hassle of wandering round the resort to find the pass office. Let them do the queuing..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Luckily my last Crystal holiday was 10 years ago - they were taking about 10% on the currency exchange. If you do it on line with the lift company it is easier to replace if you lose it/need to claim for bad weather days.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you get to resort while office is still open, but too late to ski then it's quite nice to have a walk and get you own pass. Some resorts in France do offer a small discount when buying 2 or 3 weekly lift pass in one transaction. Paradiski = Duo pass saves €20. 3V Tribu pass save €30.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway wrote:
Luckily my last Crystal holiday was 10 years ago - they were taking about 10% on the currency exchange. If you do it on line with the lift company it is easier to replace if you lose it/need to claim for bad weather days.

are they still charging 2.50 for using a credit card?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
check family discounts/DUO etc etc and make sure they give you the same deal...

Quote:
So in 2018 two adults with four kids who are aged 13 to 17 (buying 6 x 6 day 3 Valleys passes pay €1440 with a family pass rather than €1800 – a saving of €360p

details here http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/passes.htm
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marcellus wrote:
In La Tania you're probably OK as you're probably going past the Tourist Office to get to the slopes/ski hire so quite easy to pick up but there might be queues....

If there is a queue, then if you will be paying by card and don't want something like age-based passes (where you have to show evidence) look around to see if there is an pass vending machine. In Mottaret (which I think is the same lift company?), I have walked past a long queue to use a machine with no queue at all. Just choose your language and follow the instructions.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:

are they still charging 2.50 for using a credit card?

No, as of yesterday
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@paulheywood, I'm sure the T.O must take a commission so their price is unlikely to offer any cost advantage - as @kitenski said you'll get a good discount booking the online family pass. You just rock up at the office with your invoice and they have the passes ready for you (or can have them delivered in the post if booking enough in advance)

One great benefit booking online is once you've got the cards, if you go back the next year (or to a resort using the same lift-pass system) you can just top them up online without needing to visit the office again.

And as @chocksaway said, if you need to refund/get an extension due to closed lifts etc you can deal directly with the lift company rather than painful negotiation thru the T.O
ski holidays
The lift companies offer a greater variety of passes than the TO do. eg, morning pass; afternoon pass; 10 days in 14, 5 in 7,
and so on. Most people will probably want the bog standard but it's useful to know there are more options than the 6 day pass I've been offered on buses/brochure.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the replies - decided to order and pick up through the tourist office, for those that know La Tania it's slap bang in the centre and rarely busy.
latest report
Just watch out for reps writing down card details on bits of paper on the coach in lieu of a card machine. Also, check the exchange rate.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy