Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites and the Marmolada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How long would it take to get from Selva to the Marmolada? I see that you get there via Arabba. I've just watched a video and it must of been towards the end of the day because it was all pretty chopped and moguled up. I would like to get there earlier than that so it would be all nice and groomed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Allow a full day, realistically it can be done comfortably in a day.

A tip, don't be coming off of the Marmolada much later than 3pm. If you're not familiar with the area, one wrong lift and you could be very tight for time getting back into the Val Gardena valley.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@FrequentFaller, the Orange, clockwise Sella Ronda route takes you via Arabba. The green, anti-clockwise route reaches Marmolada link just before Arabba.

Either way, assuming a start on first lift of day and no hanging around or diversions, a good intermediate would take a couple of hours to reach Marmolada from Selva.
The Orange route has more skiing and fewer lifts than the Green route. So may be a little quicker, but not much in it.

Marmolada is so well worth seeing, skiing and spending time at the panoramic viewing platform.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 2 Man chairlift from Pescoi (lift 10) coming out of the Arabba valley gets really busy, this was my major hold up last year, waiting here approx 40minutes!. Left Corvara at 8.30am and got to Marmolada approx 10.45am, so without the hold ups, it would of been 1.5hrs from Corvara. Selva over Dantercipes into Colfosco/Corvara takes about 45 minutes. Kinda gives you an idea.....suppose my downfall was previous days it had been really overcast and I picked the first bluebird day, so it was busy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@FrequentFaller, depends how keen you are!

If you're in Selva with a group then one option is an early start by taking a car/taxi to Passo Gardena (top of Dantercepies) and getting on the piste down to Colfosco so that you time your arrival at the bubble to Corvara just as it opens. Then up the Boe gondola, red down to Campolongo, chair up and down to Arabba Fly and across you go and pick your route. Say 5 mins on Colfosco-Corvara bubble, 15 on Boe, 5 down, 5 up from Campolongo and 5 down to Fly = 35 mins from first lift opening. That should put you reasonably well advanced on the crowd and so not too bad for queues at Pescoi and later at the Marmolada cablecars.

Of course if there is just one of you then the cost to get up to Passo Gardena is too much and you end up with the 10 mins up Dantercepies bubble and say 10 mins down to Colfosco to add to the timing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SteveM,
There is going to be two of us but I'm staying in a chalet so might be able to persuade others that that would be a good idea..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy