Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carre Neige for Americans?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have read discussions that were more focused on UK health system covering most of cost after the hassle of filing claims. Anyone here know if its similar for us in the states travelling into the alps? I am going to call my insurance company, and also my credit card company to try and piece together what I already have covered. Are those the natural choices of organizations to ask? Does anyone have any strong feelings on buying carre neige or other trip specific insurance. I specifically bought insurance for a b/c hut trip I did a few years ago, but have not since renewed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://carreneige.com/static/documents/2018/tableau-garanties-cn-gb.pdf
This gives you an idea of the basic cover. It means you don’t have to pay up front when carted off the mountain with an injury...well worth it, in my opinion. But, I always buy proper travel insurance as well, and would suggest you do too.
If you read about EHIC cards...that is something which we Europeans are entitled to through a mutual system run by our health services, so you don’t qualify for that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always add on some 'adventure sport' type coverage from these guys when skiing Europe.

Worldnomads.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I live in the States with full health insurance coverage here. I always buy the Carre Neige coverage with my Lift Pass. IMO it is well worth the minimal extra charge to know that I will be covered for any immediate care on the slopes rather than trying to prove I have coverage or trying to pay for transport off the mountain upfront.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Note that carre neige us a french system
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In the Valais in Switzerland you'll get asked "Avec assurance?" and if you say yes, you'll get similar cover to the French Carre Neige. I assume that you'll get asked this in Schweizerdeutsch (Swiss-German) in places like Zermatt?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks. We are headed to 3v so was looking at lift tix options. And Carre Neige was offered it’s not a lot of $$ (less than paying for advance seats on BA from the states) so if I don’t do it, I’m probably jinxed.

We have needed some medical attention in the past (st Anton) and private place paid by credit card, state hospital ( they billed us minimal) (that was not the greatest trip btw). Neither time needed a sled or emergency evacuation.

Getting older so starting to think about stuff like this.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Redwine, Be aware that the Carre Neige only is for piste rescue and repatriation if required. It does not cover hospital or doctor bills...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret wrote:
@Redwine, Be aware that the Carre Neige only is for piste rescue and repatriation if required. It does not cover hospital or doctor bills...
A lot of the private insurance in the states covers emergency hospital/doctor bill worldwide, up to the point you could be repatriated back home.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 12-02-18 18:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Redwine, I did read a report from another American citizen some time ago about Carre Neige and he pointed out that it covered medical repatriation to his normal residence and was repatriated to the USA.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I thought it was just for the immediate rescue, but reading the link I posted above, it does look like it goes quite a bit further. Anyway, the bottom line is that it's a no brainer in my opinion. In January we were skiing with Mr P's Goddaughter and her 19 year old friend. The friend bought a Carre Neige with her lift pass, probably just because Mr P was there and said she should. Someone crashed into her and she busted her ACL on her second run of the holiday. The pisteur was able to take all the details from her Carre Neige there and then and it was one thing less to worry about. Poor lass!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From the Carre Neige website:

https://carreneige.com/static/documents/2018/tableau-garanties-cn-gb.pdf

Covers quite a bit more than urban myth would have it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've heard mixed answers on this question regarding the Carré Neige, does it actually cover, recovery for example if you injured yourself off piste, but in resort 'boundaries'.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was with Clubmed off-piste last week and a Brazilian lady did her ACL and had to be carted off the mountain. I enquired about her insurance which she was clueless about (her husband fortunately had paid for the Clubmed insurance which apparently does cover off-piste & helicopter rescue). The guide and the ski patrol chap had a few loud words in French and he seemed pretty peeved as it was not clear. A flash of the Carte Neige would have made things easier particularly with the language barrier. But yes normal holiday insurance is essential too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy