Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio - coming down on lifts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We're due to be travelling out to MdC in just under two weeks time.

Unfortunately, a friend who is coming with us fell on a dry slope on the weekend and now has ligament damage to one of her knees. It's therefore highly unlikely that she'll be in a position to ski with us.

The main reason that she wanted to come with us was to see the scenery (she was stunned by our photos of a previous trip there) so I was wondering which lifts would allow here to go up, spend some time up at the top, and then travel back down.

I know that this is possible on the Groste lift but does anybody know if there are any others at Madonna which allow this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having just returned from a very enjoyable week in MdC (28/01 -04/02) I can help you here.

If not skiing, access will be restricted to use of the 'gondola lifts', but here you are fortunate as there are 4 gondolas accessing the highest points on either side of the valley.

Spinale Express
Groste Express
Pradalago Express
5 Laghi Express

All give access to restaurants so that your friend has both the benefit of the views and somewhere to relax.

There is also the Pinzola-Campiglo Express Gondola linking MdC to the Pinzola ski area which is a scenic trip but there is nowhere to go or restaurant at either end for a non skier.

This link will give you a better idea of the possibilities noted above http://ski2.intermaps.com/dolomiti-di-brenta/?id=2402&lang=en
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the quick response.

That's great news - I was concerned that Groste would be her only option.

At least we might be able to meet her for lunch each day without having to keep on going to the same place Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also there is a stunning restaurant that will take you up via an old piste basher. http://www.zeledria.it/ristorante.php

I could easily spend an afternoon there..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah - somebody else has mentioned that restaurant. I'm sure she'll love it.

We're just determined to make sure that she has a great time even though she isn't skiing (and it gives us an excuse to ski next year when hopefully she'll be fit again Happy )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy